Player Watch #7 Harry Cunningham

Remove this Banner Ad

xPfwLtlb.png

Harry Cunningham

Player Profile

Harry Cunningham is one of the quickest players at the Sydney Swans, is clean by hand and foot and can play in defence, on a wing and in the forward line. The 2012 draftee was in blistering form over the opening seven rounds of the 2019 campaign, before injury limited him to just two games over the remainder of the season, so expect him to be hungry for a comeback 2020 year. Draft history: 2012 Rookie Draft selection (Sydney) No. 93; 2012 AFL Draft rookie elevation (Sydney) selection No. 107

Harry Cunningham

DOB: 06 December 1993
DEBUT: 2012
DRAFT: 2012
RECRUITED FROM: Turvey Park (NSW)/NSW-ACT U18/Wagga (NSW)

Last edited:
Got injured at the 'wrong' time of the year and I think he was troubled by it even when he came back. Seems to be playing freer than what he was so hopefully now all healed.

I really like Harry as a player and his delivery into the front half was very good.

Got injured at the 'wrong' time of the year and I think he was troubled by it even when he came back. Seems to be playing freer than what he was so hopefully now all healed.

I really like Harry as a player and his delivery into the front half was very good.
There was a time when Harry was virtually the only player who could consistently deliver to advantage at 50+ metres. We've improved a lot since then but he's still a darn good kick and a really solid tackler. Reckon the injury and maybe a dose of the evil bug chopped a chunk out of his season. Helluva good player as depth!

The disrespect for Cunningham on this board. He's been best 22 for most of his career and has ability to play for, wing or defence. He'll break back into our 22 but unfortunately got injured at the wrong time
Agreed. Just got injured at the wrong time and others grabbed their opportunity - which is all it takes sometimes. I'm sure he'll be back.

The disrespect for Cunningham on this board. He's been best 22 for most of his career and has ability to play for, wing or defence. He'll break back into our 22 but unfortunately got injured at the wrong time
Really happy to have Cunningham as the super sub heading into finals, he can slot in anywhere!

Just hoping that we don't have him at centre half forward hitting it up like Papley though 😬

Last edited:
Guess he wasn't getting any interest from other clubs. He's been a really good player for us and hopefully he can work his way back into the side. But he's in a bit of a strange position, because he was overlooked in 2022, and not so far ahead of the youngsters that he's an immediate selection, but he definitely has the capability of working back into our best 22. But with his age and experience, we'd be expecting exceptional performances from him in game day to stay in favour, otherwise we'll probably be looking to develop our youth. He's in a bit of a precarious position given the age profile of the list, but may become important for us if someone like rampe slows down significantly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Perfect situation for the club imo. He's a great depth player & his experience would be vital for the youngsters in the vfl. We know he has the quality to be in our best 22, so he'll put pressure on others to perform. Great competition for spots which is what we need.

Guess he wasn't getting any interest from other clubs. He's been a really good player for us and hopefully he can work his way back into the side. But he's in a bit of a strange position, because he was overlooked in 2022, and not so far ahead of the youngsters that he's an immediate selection, but he definitely has the capability of working back into our best 22. But with his age and experience, we'd be expecting exceptional performances from him in game day to stay in favour, otherwise we'll probably be looking to develop our youth. He's in a bit of a precarious position given the age profile of the list, but may become important for us if someone like rampe slows down significantly.
Please.

Why not 2. Only 29 years old.

Didn't seem like there was much competition for him and I dont know if he is in the top 30 of our club now so it seems more prudent to offer him a 1 year deal so he isnt taking up salary and a list spot for 2024 if he never cements himself again.

Its probably not much money to stress about anyway, I was just suprised when I saw the notification.

Didn't seem like there was much competition for him and I dont know if he is in the top 30 of our club now so it seems more prudent to offer him a 1 year deal so he isnt taking up salary and a list spot for 2024 if he never cements himself again.

Its probably not much money to stress about anyway, I was just suprised when I saw the notification.
He was best 22 before he got injured. Only Fox superlative form kept him out. Very experienced player.
Can cover a multitude of positions. Not top 30? Who else would you trust as a small defender over him if Fox does not play?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back