Player Watch #7 Harry Cunningham

Remove this Banner Ad

xPfwLtlb.png

Harry Cunningham

Player Profile

Harry Cunningham is one of the quickest players at the Sydney Swans, is clean by hand and foot and can play in defence, on a wing and in the forward line. The 2012 draftee was in blistering form over the opening seven rounds of the 2019 campaign, before injury limited him to just two games over the remainder of the season, so expect him to be hungry for a comeback 2020 year. Draft history: 2012 Rookie Draft selection (Sydney) No. 93; 2012 AFL Draft rookie elevation (Sydney) selection No. 107

Harry Cunningham

DOB: 06 December 1993
DEBUT: 2012
DRAFT: 2012
RECRUITED FROM: Turvey Park (NSW)/NSW-ACT U18/Wagga (NSW)

Last edited:
I agree with everything except the offensive limitations. Harry is still a damn good and long kick to advantage. Not so much a dodgy runner but he is usually held back to stay close to his man so we don't use him that much.
Good call, I sold his attacking qualities short there.

Has Harry played the most games of any GWS Academy graduate ever? Could he be the first to play 200 some time this year (hopefully round 15)?
Very good question and I think he very well might be, no other name comes to mind.
Kinda funny if he is....

When Harry started I got strong Schneiderman vibes. Bit of a different player but no less valuable. Will be a well earned 200.
Harry has a bit in common with Lizard. Playing forward quite often neither looked sure what to do. Playing in defence both are confident, certain and effective in their roles. It certainly validated trying talented players in different roles if things are not going quite as hoped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harry, along with Isaac and Rowy, are my favourite players. While I don't think he's in peak form so far this year, he's been reliable, and you don't notice him because we don't have small forwards running riot. Only occasionally will commentators bring him up e.g. last years absolute dominance over Cameron.

People will sometimes mention him as an out or sub, but barring Fox maybe, we have none like him. People said his career was done a few years ago when coming back from injury, glad the club made that call.

Harry, along with Isaac and Rowy, are my favourite players. While I don't think he's in peak form so far this year, he's been reliable, and you don't notice him because we don't have small forwards running riot. Only occasionally will commentators bring him up e.g. last years absolute dominance over Cameron.

People will sometimes mention him as an out or sub, but barring Fox maybe, we have none like him. People said his career was done a few years ago when coming back from injury, glad the club made that call.
He has the extra pace needed to go with the small forwards. Plus he has been around and is not fooled by their tricks either. Knows how to tackle/nullify them. Has a long kick too. Rarely lets them off the chain.

He has the extra pace needed to go with the small forwards. Plus he has been around and is not fooled by their tricks either. Knows how to tackle/nullify them. Has a long kick too. Rarely lets them off the chain.
And when he gets up field his kicks into F50 are bloody good.

Probably turned into the prototypical "bloods" player.

Underrated even borderline think he won't make it at times type, even sometimes out of the 22 . Pushed through became a fan favourite and good honest player who works hard does a job and gets no hype.

PS: The first few pages of this thread when we were "shit" is fun to read.

All of it is true, and he has grown a lot in that time.

I like him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back