Player Watch #8: Jake Lever – Signed until 2028

Remove this Banner Ad

Inconclusive scans doesn’t mean much.

If they are testing the knee, he will know if he’s done it or not - particularly as he has done it before.

I’ll be shocked if it turns out to be just a grade 1 ACL tear or just miniscus or something.

Inconclusive scans doesn’t mean much.

If they are testing the knee, he will know if he’s done it or not - particularly as he has done it before.

I’ll be shocked if it turns out to be just a grade 1 ACL tear or just miniscus or something.
Lingy did say Lever himself is confident apparently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe I'm the first to say this, but i reckon the bloke who could play the Lever role (sweeping across half back/good overhead) was playing on the weekend. Not as tall but a better user: Bayley Fritsch.

Go the LARS and be back in time to win a flag. Didn't Nick Malceski do that at the Swans? The big dilemma: live for now or live for the future. *

* stated with the full knowledge that he will have the conventional surgery and be ready for next year.
I come in peace i always hate seeing players go down with ACL injuries, having done 2 my self. Lars unfortunately is not good long term for the knee and some evidence is suggesting it can cause synovial inflammation. Its sad but i hope he doesnt change his attack on the ball once his back because he and your backline are awesome to watch at the moment.

I come in peace i always hate seeing players go down with ACL injuries, having done 2 my self. Lars unfortunately is not good long term for the knee and some evidence is suggesting it can cause synovial inflammation. Its sad but i hope he doesnt change his attack on the ball once his back because he and your backline are awesome to watch at the moment.

Apart from informing us about your history of knee injuries, what have you brought to the thread?
He won’t be having LARS
He’s already done an ACL prior to being drafted
The injury had absolutely nothing to do with attacking the footy?
Thanks for coming in peace but ✌️

Sad to see Jake injured if it does turn out to be an ACL.

Out of curiosity do you think Melbourne overpaid for Lever? Usually hard to cope well losing a player that you paid a bit for. Mods you can delete if you think this isnt the place for it - Im just asking not meaning to troll - just insight into what some Melbourne fans see as Lever not being a huge loss.

Yes, I think we overpaid at the time. Certainly could've played hard ball with your club instead of whipping out the draft wallet straight away and forking our our hard-earned. We don't have a lot of defensive depth but I think we'll cope okay without him.

Apart from informing us about your history of knee injuries, what have you brought to the thread?
He won’t be having LARS

No need to have a go at a guy making a completely reasonable post.

He won’t be having LARS
wow.... a little bit hostile buddy it was an honest post lol many apologies ill see my self off.

wow.... a little bit hostile buddy it was an honest post lol many apologies ill see my self off.

Please do. You're giving your club an undeserved reputation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back