AFL Player # 9: Dylan Shiel

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t wait to see Shiel’s face as he walks onto the MCG on Thursday and views the 100k crowd. The ceremony, silence, and the roar. This is one of the reasons he chose the Dons, to play in matches like this.
Jeez I hope he rips it apart!

That, and the ability to expand his knowledge in property development.

As a footy community we should be applauding Shiel - Someone who is planning his life after footy.

100% this!

Knowledge is power and Dylan is being taught a passion outside of football he has. What he chooses to do with this is up to him but we have led this horse to water, it just needs to drink it now.

There’s no way anyone can make excuses for him today....just will not go in and put his head over the footy in packs..or any other time go hard at it.

A true seagull.

And of course his kicking is atrocious and a lot of his hand passes are rubbish.

Underwhelming once again and has to have a good look at himself. Opposition sides now look at him and dismiss him as any kind of threat.

80594090-261C-4158-8DC1-DC4FAB125648.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seagull is a stupid call, he does everything right except his decision making. Needs to limit his kicking to his comfortable range.

Maybe instead of blazing away for goal from 55 out put it to the top of the square and see what Jake and Joey can do with it.
I think he's trying too much to impress the new club and wants to be the hero rather than do what's right for the team.

I am having a running argument with a mate about Shiel and so far my mate is winning.

He says this is what Shiel does with the ball. 1/6 times says he's correct.

You should take your own advice.

Look, I’ve been around this forum for long enough to know most of you blokes are fan boys who gush and coo of slick gliding recruits with nice hair and good cheekbone structure and will defend them to the bitter end.

He’s rather soft.

And his kicking is not elite. He’s a 50/50 kick either running flat out or from a standing start.

For an experienced player at his price you’d want better. Not sold him yet by a long shot.

And his kicking is not elite. He’s a 50/50 kick either running flat out or from a standing start.

Everyone agrees with you here. But he ain't a seagull.

We are complaining about a player who almost won the game for us. Complaining that a B grader falls just short of an A grader.

He may have been the difference today but you have gone off half cocked,.

Look, I’ve been around this forum for long enough to know most of you blokes are fan boys who gush and coo of slick gliding recruits with nice hair and good cheekbone structure and will defend them to the bitter end.

He’s rather soft.

For an experienced player at his price you’d want better. Not sold him yet by a long shot.
His kicking cost us. He didn’t have his best game, yet still got us close as much as anyone.

The end.

You should stop looking for another Stanton and stop deflecting with that fan boy stuff.

Everyone agrees with you here. But he ain't a seagull.

We are complaining about a player who almost won the game for us. Complaining that a B grader falls just short of an A grader.

He may have been the difference today but you have gone off half cocked,.

Watch around every ball up or when around a loose ground ball and he doesn’t go in. Might be protecting his shoulders and if that’s the case then it annoys me even more.

Anyway...I don’t expect anyone here to even remotely agree with me.

But I’m not about posting comments on here about our players with a half baked opinion. I see it as it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back