AFL Player # 9: Dylan Shiel

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s not the inconsistency that annoys me the most.

It’s the fact that they take the outcome of the bump as a genuine consideration of the verdict.

In what world does that make sense?

You could accidentally clip a blokes chin as you’re going for the ball and it could rip out of the socket and go flying through the goal posts.

Or you could run off the field and collect a chain saw and proceed to hack at a bloke but only manage to cut off his shitty mullet.

The action.
It’s the only thing that matters.
Christ.
In fairness if someone recklessly fires a pistol into a crowd and misses everyone as against someone is shot and killed the outcome for the perpetrator is likely different.

I’m with you, intent is the most important thing in a sporting context but it’s not without commonality to real life.

also, surely everyone understands our persecution complex with inconsistent butt*ery like this

It’s actually hilarious this happened to Shiel after the 2017 prelim. Just amazing.

I rekon it adds the perfect amount of spite.

Kid gets knocked out in the biggest game of his career, they play the good guy card and the guy gets off.

Then his case is put up as the hill the AFL die on when making a statement.

Like you couldn't even script it.

Boxing could learn a lot from the AFL about how to run a corruption racket.

Just makes #17 all the sweeter. With what we've had to go through, I'm going to struggle to be gracious about it.
If I’m still alive for #17, assuming it will at some point happen, (no guarantee on either) I’d like to think I’ll be gracious but it’s more likely I’m a Hawks/Tigers hybrid with a tinge of Weagle. The smug will be unrivalled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These inconsistencies with the MRO and umpiring within the game is enough to turn the average punter off.

It's been going on for so long too!

Agenda stars get shuffled on through complete with propaganda to boot, but noooo, because there are so many old bitter arch enemies in positions of power they keep us on this weird leash of use us for cash, but thottle us with beurocracy at any chance!

What i see out of this is a huge assalt on the bump. The option to bump has to be outlawed if they are going to have this kind of inconsistency penalty across multiple cases in the 1 week.

Should have been a week with a good stern warning of don't do it again or else.

Total BS!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back