AFL Player # 9: Dylan Shiel

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d be stunned if they brought him back without a full minutes game in the vfl. It’s always at this time of the season that you think where do we find a place for this guy. Then the injuries come and problem is solved. Yay.

Against the grain around here but I’m keen to see how Shiel goes in a team that doesn’t ask him to be something he’s not. Durham and Caldwell are going to make him look a million dollars I’d say.

Just does not get going as sub. At least he made a couple of tackles and put on a few blocks. Not an easy gig sitting on the bench for 3/4 and then having to jump in against a midfield that was having a good day.

Just does not get going as sub. At least he made a couple of tackles and put on a few blocks. Not an easy gig sitting on the bench for 3/4 and then having to jump in against a midfield that was having a good day.
Unfortunately that is the reality of most players that are lumped in as the sub

Omitted after being sub last week. Where to now for Shiel? I would have liked to have given him this week and played him a whole game. Our midfield is batting deep and a great position to be in with Perkins, Hobb etc stepping up but still think Shiel has something to offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Omitted after being sub last week. Where to now for Shiel? I would have liked to have given him this week and played him a whole game. Our midfield is batting deep and a great position to be in with Perkins, Hobb etc stepping up but still think Shiel has something to offer.

Go somewhere that needs a mature midfield body?

North the obvious option, but they seem determined to tank as hard as possible.

Go somewhere that needs a mature midfield body?

North the obvious option, but they seem determined to tank as hard as possible.
Not sure North needs him . They have a decent midfield. Would go okay at the Saint’s who need some speed .

He was "trade bait" last off season and they couldn't get rid of him. Why do people think clubs would be more interested now that he has a few more VFL games under his belt?
Because he will cost less . Only reason he did not go last year was the injury concerns.

If reports are to be believed we were paying for him to go. And I don't think he's cleared up any concerns about durability by sitting out most of the football so far this season.
Well it is not the end of the year is it.

Crazy how much shiel has dropped off. Doesn't work with merret and parish but surely worth bring him in with parish out.

We lacked pace against tigers. Or body is too cooked now. What injuries have derailed him completely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back