AFL Player # 9: Dylan Shiel

Remove this Banner Ad

Get him a bag and some grabber tongs and he can clean up the second oval.
He spent plenty of time on it pre season. He should know the lay out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your better off keeping him now, assuming he wants to stay. Wouldnt be many teams that could guarantee him a best 22 spot right now outside of North Melbourne

Excellent depth and hopefully his training standards are still good

Im fine with a 1 year deal on like ~300k with no guarantees

Your better off keeping him now, assuming he wants to stay. Wouldnt be many teams that could guarantee him a best 22 spot right now outside of North Melbourne

Excellent depth and hopefully his training standards are still good

Im fine with a 1 year deal on like ~300k with no guarantees
I think he could get into the Saints midfield. He has a bit more speed than what they have.
Problem with us is he basically has Parish playing his role and Tsatas in waiting and then throw in Durham / Caldwell / Perkins / Hobbs. North would be one side I would say he would not go to. There midfield is fine and they are young.
He would probably go alright at the Pies. Geelong could squeeze a couple of season from him. Even the Tigers could use him for a bit .
From what you hear over here is most likely to go. His training has been spot on. He will just want to get somewhere that can use him in the midfield. :)

I think he could get into the Saints midfield. He has a bit more speed than what they have.
Problem with us is he basically has Parish playing his role and Tsatas in waiting and then throw in Durham / Caldwell / Perkins / Hobbs. North would be one side I would say he would not go to. There midfield is fine and they are young.
He would probably go alright at the Pies. Geelong could squeeze a couple of season from him. Even the Tigers could use him for a bit .
From what you hear over here is most likely to go. His training has been spot on. He will just want to get somewhere that can use him in the midfield. :)

Essendon really should be doing it with Parish out. It’s such an obvious like for like swap. Feels personality based. Has no future so why bother integrate him

I think you should keep him if you can. Pick 53 won't give us what he can as midfield depth if he stays fit.
I agree he probably isn't best 22 right now. But as coverage, he is a senior body in a pretty young midfield mix outside Merritt and Parish.
I would understand him wanting to go, but for a third rounder, I wouldn't be pushing him out.

Essendon really should be doing it with Parish out. It’s such an obvious like for like swap. Feels personality based. Has no future so why bother integrate him
Nah, nothing I see from Scott seems personal re selection.

Shiel had a limited preseason and long layoff. He hasn't been killing it in the VFL and last game as a sub hardly touched it.

Needs another VFL game IMO.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him in for the Blues.

You don't think he might go if LDU were leaving?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back