Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The only real negative I noticed is that there was one time where he and Cotchin started side-by-side and Cotchin ran on and Luke was trailing by a good 10 metres as Cotchin overlapped.

Haha I know it's a bit petty considering his overall performance, but I think his fitness and defensive awareness is really the only place he needs to improve to enter the ******* stratosphere next year.

The only real negative I noticed is that there was one time where he and Cotchin started side-by-side and Cotchin ran on and Luke was trailing by a good 10 metres as Cotchin overlapped.

Haha I know it's a bit petty considering his overall performance, but I think his fitness and defensive awareness is really the only place he needs to improve to enter the ******* stratosphere next year.

The defensive running is still clearly an area for improvement but the jump of the offensive side of his game is brilliant to see. Really coming into his own as the footballer we thought we drafted.

The defensive running is still clearly an area for improvement but the jump of the offensive side of his game is brilliant to see. Really coming into his own as the footballer we thought we drafted.
Yep, agreed. We're at our best as a team when he, TT or Stepho have the ball in their hands.

Pretty sure we won the centre clearance battle tonight though. Jy & LDU fared well, Thomas and Anderson weren't providing enough.

The same Anderson who had a game high 8 clearances?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cotchin only played 80mins compared to LDU 95mins but I noticed the same thing.

Definitely needs that extra preseason for that defensive running and repeat efforts, but he’s not far off either.

How's the footage.

He's such an excellent field kicker, which beggars belief why he's not so hot in front of goals (Although Simpkin also suffers from this.)

But all around, really magnificent player he's gonna be. Not just 38 disposals, but 38 at a high disposal efficiency rate. Quality stuff.

How's the footage.

He's such an excellent field kicker, which beggars belief why he's not so hot in front of goals (Although Simpkin also suffers from this.)

But all around, really magnificent player he's gonna be. Not just 38 disposals, but 38 at a high disposal efficiency rate. Quality stuff.

That left foot kick at 24 seconds made me sit up.

As for the goal kicking, Boomer should be putting all the mids through their paces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back