Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man, I want to love LDU & want him to be that amazing player he is for those 15 minute dominant spurts, but bloody hell does he go missing when it counts.
It seems like every time the game is in the balance he’ll have a quarter where he doesn’t touch it for 20 minutes.
He’s the opposite of what we need him to be.

Man, I want to love LDU & want him to be that amazing player he is for those 15 minute dominant spurts, but bloody hell does he go missing when it counts.
It seems like every time the game is in the balance he’ll have a quarter where he doesn’t touch it for 20 minutes.
When his starting position is away from the middle and we get smashed, he’s not going to touch the ball.

Hard to blame him today when the moron in charge decided to play him on the flank, even though we were getting pantsed in the middle.

Lunacy!

There are some seriously clueless takes on LDU in here...

He isn't a 2 way beast, that's number 1, and I doubt he ever will be, although there should be a marked Improvement in time.

He is a pure inside attacking mid that is elite at making space and delivering the pill. He gets dangerous up forward too and this trait will only get better with time.

He has played 56 games, has had injury woes and lost his old man at a tender age. FFS, give the bloke a break and realise what we have here.

Anyone calling for a trade, well I just don't know what say about that...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I remember 2 centre bounces where LDU was on the defensive side and carlton waltzed the ball forward right down the centre. Now I don't recall whether that happened often or if it happened often regardless of who was in that position, but there has to be a reason why LDU isn't attending a majority of centre bounces? Maybe he's not working within our structures or its too "boom or bust" when he is in there?

Just spit balling as to why the coaches are playing him on the forward flank for quarters at at time?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He isn't a 2 way beast, that's number 1, and I doubt he ever will be, although there should be a marked Improvement in time.

He is a pure inside attacking mid that is elite at making space and delivering the pill. He gets dangerous up forward too and this trait will only get better with time.

He has played 56 games, has had injury woes and lost his old man at a tender age. FFS, give the bloke a break and realise what we have here.

100% and had he scored that goal from those 10 or so side steps it would be a different story. Does get caught out a bit with selling the candy but as he builds his craft and gets stronger - as you said, he will get better.

But then again… you can’t get too upset at everyone on here. Every player barring JHF gets a target on their back considering the start we’ve had

Also have to look at the side as a whole. We have so few ground level threats that LDU isn't get going to get much space or opportunity to weave around up forward unchecked. Zurhaar is about the only longer term midsize down there who might draw some heat away.

So Luke right now is going to encounter a bunch of defensive players who can just follow the play around each time he wanders down.

If/when Zurhaar, Ford and Curtis et al consistently justify minders, then LDU is going to have the Petracca, Martin etc luxury of drifting forward under less pressure.

Only scratching the surface here. Will be dominating as we get better
When we're up and about, he kicks that goal having stood up a succession of defenders, and gets nominated for goal of the year. The fact that he snatched at it and missed is typical of the little things that add up when teams are down, a bit like LMac dropping that uncontested mark on centre wing. They're signs of anxiety among a playing group down on confidence but desperately wanting to turn it around - but they will if they persist. Form fluctuates, class is permanent and LDU will be an example of the axiom

FWIW I've seen him chasing his guts out and running hard in defense this year. For all the talk about him being lazy and not chasing etc etc I've noticed it a few times, and I only get to see it on telly where that stuff is rarely visible.

FWIW I've seen him chasing his guts out and running hard in defense this year. For all the talk about him being lazy and not chasing etc etc I've noticed it a few times, and I only get to see it on telly where that stuff is rarely visible.
Same. I think there is more pre conceived narrative with him than anything. He'll be a key part of our core.

I think he’s fine but there are a hell of a lot of excuses here.

I do think like the squad in general the fitness is poor, the chasing tail excuse doesn’t fly, the biggest issue with the club in general is the off the ball running. No one does it.

No midfielder will play 100% in the middle that is what rotations are for, it seems we are stacked with inflexible footballers. I do think that links to part one.

Again I think he’s good but man he needs to improve in some areas 60 games is enough time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back