Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke - signs until end 2025! Runner up in the 2022 Syd Barker Medal Award

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Any news on LDU from those who have been to early PS training?

How has the young fella looked?

He was seen drinking a beer and now has to flagellate the flesh from his body whilst running a million laps of Arden Street, because he doesn't take football seriously enough.

Giantroo - what have you made of LDU thus far? How has he looked?

I've tipped him to follow Clayton Oliver's trajectory (i.e. a very good second year), but haven't heard much on him early this PS...
He has shown glimpses of what he could do. Just waiting for that tank to build.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s the key for me. Until he’s fit enough he’s not going to be able to use his assets. Given midfield depth I doubt he’ll play more than 5-10 games this year. Which won’t be a bad thing for him long term.

Yep. I predict he'll follow the classic inside grunt trajectory. Glimpses here and there for the next year and a half then BOOM.

He is a bit more rounded than your average in and under mid. I think he'll find ways to impact games consistantly ahead of say where a Cunners was at the same age.
I think his greatest attribute is the ability to explode away from the contest. His first couple of steps are lightning. We saw it in the U18's and we started to see it in the VFL.

He just needs to get stronger to break tackles and fitter to get from contest to contest.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

His core build is gonna be immense
Genetics on point
Well done to the family

Think Brisbane, Fremantle and Carlton will regret not taking him
Brisbane in particular
His upside is greater than the mids Carl and Freo took. Not sure he's ahead of Rayner on pure ability, it's close, but I think the fact he's a pure mid shades it.

His upside is greater than the mids Carl and Freo took. Not sure he's ahead of Rayner on pure ability, it's close, but I think the fact he's a pure mid shades it.

I am very very bullish about LDU and would certainly taken him at 2, but it would be hard to go past Rayner at number 1 for mine - he's already done a few things that make you go * me this guy could be anything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back