A-League Finals Series-GRAND FINAL SUNDAY 5pm

Remove this Banner Ad

In all reality, the advantages City have been gifted this year are no different to what Sydney and Victory have done on similar scales previously. It's a Claytons Salary Cap

but what advantages have Sydney and Victory had over the other teams?

Not to sure the rules have ever been changed for Sydney or Melbourne in order to allow them to get a player.

<10,000 people for a final, when you're owned by billionaire sheiks is there any incentive to try and raise your attendance numbers?

Surprised but not really. On talent alone City don't just win the game, they win the whole thing. But games, especially finals, aren't won on talent alone.

Just because you're owned by Billionaires and you try to rip off Adelaide United it doesn't make you winners. It's rather ironic that the coach most of the fans bagged mercilessly and even cheered when he went home due to tragedy, was far better than the blokes they left in charge. Also, in selling your soul to the CFG, you lost any 'Heart' you had.

I've said it before but I do feel a little bad (just a little) for fans like thecityboyz and thekanga. I have a friend who is a City fan, well was a Heart fan and then had really no choice but to be a City fan. He's a super nice dude and for him it's just not the same feeling as it was when it was Heart. Guess you could kind of put it like when your favourite pub changes ownership, they change the decor and the menu a bit and it just doesn't feel the same but because it's close to your house you keep going and end up reminiscing about the old days.

I've said it before but I do feel a little bad (just a little) for fans like thecityboyz and thekanga. I have a friend who is a City fan, well was a Heart fan and then had really no choice but to be a City fan. He's a super nice dude and for him it's just not the same feeling as it was when it was Heart. Guess you could kind of put it like when your favourite pub changes ownership, they change the decor and the menu a bit and it just doesn't feel the same but because it's close to your house you keep going and end up reminiscing about the old days.

You're on fire with your posting on this board tonight :)

I can't disagree with any of that - the board is better for a diversity of fans of different teams, and for the most part I think TheKanga & The City Boyz do a pretty decent and friendly job of representing their side.

I can even feel bad for them, getting into bed with a club that would eventually sell out to the CFG.

But with all that said - * City, I'm glad they lost tonight :D

Yes thats a great win.
Unlucky to the City fans on here

Nice work.
We didn't fire a shot and didn't deserve to go any further.
Would of got belted once we came up against Sydney.

Some of our players are so overrated.
Even Bruno isn't scoring much like he used to.
I hope for some changes over the pre season.

Gutless. Absolutely ******* gutless. Could hardly get a shot away against a defence that included Marc Warren and has conceded the most goals in the league this year. Just no ideas, no creativity, no desire. The worst part is that I expected nothing else. 4th place and out in the first round of the finals with the most expensive squad in league history. This season has been an absooute disgrace. Heads must roll over this. Absolutely pathetic. Get ****** Melbourne City.

Very predictable that we would concede pretty early in the piece and it all fell away from there.
Bouzanis in goals isn't working.
Part of me wonders if Sorensen would of saved at least one of those goals.

Doesn't help that Perth Glory is definitely our bogey team.
They have like won like the last 3 or 4 against us IIRC.

Nice work.
We didn't fire a shot and didn't deserve to go any further.
Would of got belted once we came up against Sydney.

Some of our players are so overrated.
Even Bruno isn't scoring much like he used to.
I hope for some changes over the pre season.

It's funny. As much as people bagged JVS, the squad seemed to work for him, and he was surely a better option than Valkanis.

I think that, if I supported City, I wouldn't be bagging the players as many of the fans seemed to tonight - I'd be really shitty at the club. JVS' resignation happened long enough ago that they should've tried to find a better replacement than their assistant.

I know that this team had been put together in JVS' image, but their had to be a better option available than Valkanis, cos this team was 100% on a hiding to nothing as soon as he took over. At least if someone else had've come in they could've used the really good squad they had in place to implement whatever plan he wanted, even if it meant shifting some of the roles players were playing.

Not to sure the rules have ever been changed for Sydney or Melbourne in order to allow them to get a player.

<10,000 people for a final, when you're owned by billionaire sheiks is there any incentive to try and raise your attendance numbers?
Can't see them ever raising attendance numbers. They have painted themselves into a corner because of you ain't a Manchester City fan ( which there is stuff all of in Australia) why would you support this despicable club?
I do feel a bit sorry for original Heart fans but personally I would of abandoned them the day those crooks took over the club

Thanks mate. Dare I say, there was no Heart in that performance:(

Finally dried out after the weekend and back in Perth. Great afternoon with the Glory fans in the away end and by far our best performance of the season.

Also there was no way in the world there was 9900 there. At best there would be 6500 and it's a serious issue. Kick off time didn't help etc but that club just isn't capturing hearts and minds.

Bring on Sydney, bring on the arrogance, bring on in some amazing way we can jag a win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The pitches we put up with in this country. During the finals no less.

I don't think it's even rained a lot in Sydney this week - I just think the SFS is a piece of s**t ground, especially when NRL & super rugby is being played on it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Great goal, shocking pitch

I thought the linesman had that right - Bobo is in an offside position and blocks Djulbic, the last man, from contesting the ball.

Streb is still ******* up games from the stands!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Perth don't want to lose their heads here

Reddy oh dear.

Now THAT was onside

Liam set for a big night in the Cross

Remove this Banner Ad

Back