Game Day AAMI Community Series - Game 1, 2021: Carlton v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlisle looks done at the saints now it's time to facilitate a deal to gold Coast for Bing. I think Gresh and carlise are good mates mabey offer both them and our first round pick.

I know Gresh is a good player but we are going to have to give up something and with what bytel tracking quite well it won't be a massive loss

Carlisle wouldn’t be worth anything in a trade anymore. Can’t even get a preseason game and was offered up last trade period with zero interested parties.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Gresh is nothing like Bytel.

How about we keep our most talented players and add more talented players to make us a better team.
This is true but we have Jack Higgins very similar. bytel will be demanding a spot on ball by the middle of the season and to add Bing would out weigh the loss of Gresh we are not going to get Bing for nothing

Carlisle looks done at the saints now it's time to facilitate a deal to gold Coast for Bing. I think Gresh and carlise are good mates mabey offer both them and our first round pick.

I know Gresh is a good player but we are going to have to give up something and with what bytel tracking quite well it won't be a massive loss

Mods, please card this person. Trade Gres? GAGF'ed

But paired with Gresh and a first round pick might just be the knife to get the deal done.
I don't get the fascination with Bing. If he hadn't supported the saints growing up, would we even know he existed? Is there really a place for both in our forward line? Some say we can play him back despite him making a name for himself at GC as a forward. Do we even know he can play back at the senior level. Perhaps he wants to forge his own identity.
Anyway I'd rather stick to our recent growth strategy and not throw any babies out with the bath water.

On SM-T290 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don't get the fascination with Bing. If he hadn't supported the saints growing up, would we even know he existed? Is there really a place for both in our forward line? Some say we can play him back despite him making a name for himself at GC as a forward. Do we even know he can play back at the senior level. Perhaps he wants to forge his own identity.
Anyway I'd rather stick to our recent growth strategy and not throw any babies out with the bath water.

On SM-T290 using BigFooty.com mobile app

If he’s somewhat gettable in the next year or two you don’t turn away from him. Has the potential to be elite and if he has the intention of one day playing with his brother you make it happen.

My worry is that he will continue to progress rapidly in the next few seasons that we won’t be able to pay him what other clubs like Hawthorn, Melbourne and Collingwood who are screaming for a tall forward option.

I count my lucky stars every night that we managed to get Max King, he’s going to be top 5 in the game if he stays fit and healthy.

This is true but we have Jack Higgins very similar. bytel will be demanding a spot on ball by the middle of the season and to add Bing would out weigh the loss of Gresh we are not going to get Bing for nothing

Getting Bing and keeping Gresh are not mutually exclusive.

Combining Gresh and Higgins will become one of our greatest strengths... it doesn't make any sense to sacrifice that. Bytel will be looking at Seb's spot in the short term IMO.

Gresh and carlise are good mates mabey offer both them and our first round pick.

With all due respect... here is some soap to wash your mouth out:

images

[QUOTE="mad-saint-guy, post: 68929837, member: 16858"
Definitely seems like Carlisle is on the outer again. Doesn't get a run in either pre season game. Tells me they're wanting to build chemistry between Frawley and Howard.
[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering if we possibly have a plan to avoid making Jake travel (back, baby, etc.) too much and are focussing on making sure Frawley is good for Round 1, given Jake already knows how to work with our back-6.

I've always liked the mongrel he can bring ... so I really don't want to believe we brought him back just to keep him on the outer all season.

Trading Gresham for Ben King would be such a terrible move. Zero guarantees that Ben would even be a decent defender or that he would even want to play there.

Personally I think trading for Ben King would be a mistake regardless. I don't think we can carry the salaries of both King brothers long term.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trading Gresham for Ben King would be such a terrible move. Zero guarantees that Ben would even be a decent defender or that he would even want to play there.

Personally I think trading for Ben King would be a mistake regardless. I don't think we can carry the salaries of both King brothers long term.

Allows your Members and Battle type to be high HFF influencers and remain with 2 genuine KPF threats.

When you see the tea leaves of say man on the mark changes and the commission wanting to "speed" the game up and ball movement across the past, let's say decade, kicking to a Ming+Bing is delectable in 1v1 situations.

Wouldn't need to carry them for many years, that's a forward line you could easily go "next 3 flags are mine" if there's any sort of decent service and evening everywhere else.

Be interested to see how Paul Hunter goes, not holding out a lot of hope, but wish him well.

As an aside, if you are tall and not overly blessed with AFL talent, you can still make a decent crust off the AFL. Look at Phillips for the Bombers, Brooksby for the Hawks etc. Makes it more surprising the American experiment hasnt worked out yet. Surely it will at some stage.

Carlisle has little mobility forward of the centre where he needs agility to break away from defenders.

He gets away with it at CHB as he gets led to the ball and more often then not tries to sag off his man and go up uncontested.

It is probably over for him at stkilda in my opinion, unless we change our game style drastically and play a loose man back at all times (Carlisle).

I don’t think he can go physically over the course of a season for how Ratten wants to play and I don’t think he is accountable enough to keep in the side as a mitigant.

We were happy to let him go during the trade period and no one seriously pursued him. Speaks volumes

if thats the case why did we offer him a contract?

Careful, you’ll upset the Carlisle fan boys.

Not sure that's warranted.
I am a Jake fan, have no problems confessing to it, but if he's not right for the team for reasons other than that Ratts just doesn't like him, ( which I'm sure isn't the case) then so be it.

Shhh, stav said he’s an old, slow key back that can’t defend so he must not be capable at AFL level anymore.
Did I say anything that wasn’t true?

Instead of being smart breakdown my points with what is inaccurate

I mean your boy Jake did just lose his position in the side to a defender that was retired by his previous club and we CONVINCED him to play on.

Speaks Volumes about how the club view its key defensive position options.

Also, FYI I was a huge Jake advocate. But I care more about the club then Jake.

Carlisle has little mobility forward of the centre where he needs agility to break away from defenders.

He gets away with it at CHB as he gets led to the ball and more often then not tries to sag off his man and go up uncontested.

It is probably over for him at stkilda in my opinion, unless we change our game style drastically and play a loose man back at all times (Carlisle).

I don’t think he can go physically over the course of a season for how Ratten wants to play and I don’t think he is accountable enough to keep in the side as a mitigant.

We were happy to let him go during the trade period and no one seriously pursued him. Speaks volumes
Lets hope we are looking at a key Back this year to trade in or Oscar gets a wriggle on

Allows your Members and Battle type to be high HFF influencers and remain with 2 genuine KPF threats.

When you see the tea leaves of say man on the mark changes and the commission wanting to "speed" the game up and ball movement across the past, let's say decade, kicking to a Ming+Bing is delectable in 1v1 situations.

Wouldn't need to carry them for many years, that's a forward line you could easily go "next 3 flags are mine" if there's any sort of decent service and evening everywhere else.

GTrain and Riewoldt should have been that too.

Initially I was ok with not getting to the game and watching it at home with a blooze mate.

Now that the day is here I'm fu**in' bleeding!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬

I actually ended up with a couple of extra tickets in my ticketmaster account due to delays in the cheer squad allocation being released.

I did let Ticketmaster know, but they are still on my account so assume they are valid - can transfer them if you are game to try them and have a TM account

Did I say anything that wasn’t true?

Instead of being smart breakdown my points with what is inaccurate

I mean your boy Jake did just lose his position in the side to a defender that was retired by his previous club and we CONVINCED him to play on.

Speaks Volumes about how the club view its key defensive position options.

Also, FYI I was a huge Jake advocate. But I care more about the club then Jake.
Mate it’s your opinion, not necessarily true. I’m not inside the walls of the club but off form last year Carlisle still is up to AFL standard and clearly the club thinks so otherwise we wouldn’t have kept him on. As I said in the last thread you were potting him, Carlisle being out of favour does not mean he is completely cooked.

Frawley was pushed out the door of a rebuilding Hawthorn and appears to compliment our defensive set up better than Carlisle. Does that mean that he isn’t up to AFL standard anymore? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back