Moved Thread Ablett/Danger/Selwood vs Voss/Black/Aker

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
so did woewodin, cooney, priddus .... yeah this list goes on. none of those players were in the top half dozen in the afl in the year they won. simon black won in 2002. Hird and voss were streets ahead the best players going around back then.
How do you define "top half dozen in the AFL"? Is that just your interpretation?

Two of the modern eras great midfield trios. Who do you like the sound of? Obviously, the Lions trio achieved more (so far) so let's leave that aside. I honestly can't decide who sounds better on paper. Which other trios are in the picture?
I'd say Ablett, Selwood, Bartel, Corey v Akermanis, Black, Voss and Lappin is a better debate.
Ablett
Voss
Danger
Aker
Black
Selwood

Need to see the Geelong trio play together
Selwood's been a better player than all of Akermanis, Black and Dangerfield.

1. Voss
2. Ablett
3. Black
4. Danger
5. Selwood
6. Aker
You're kidding yourself. Ablett's the best midfielder the game has seen.

The biggest myth in football is that being a premiership player makes you superior when comparing to other players. Jordan lewis 4 premierships. Robert harvey 0. I know who id pick.

Lewis has been a great player. Mitchell v Harvey, i know who i’d pick......

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

I'd say Ablett, Selwood, Bartel, Corey v Akermanis, Black, Voss and Lappin is a better debate.

And this people is why you can’t have a rational football conversation with Geelong supporters.

And this people is why you can’t have a rational football conversation with Geelong supporters.

Go back to the bay troll.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not close.

Bartlett, Matthews, Stewart, Reynolds, Bunton and Skilton are all better
did you seriously include old “throw the ball on the ground as soon as I get tackled” Bartlett?

Ablett is already acknowledged as better then all those except for Bunton and thats only cos no one saw Bunton. Matthews was more a forward. Have you seen highlights of these players? they look awful.

history will remember ablett as the best midfielder of all time and one of the handful who have claim to being the best player of all time. Voss aint in that mix. Danger was the best player in 2016 and clearly in the top 2 in 2017. Black has never been in the best two players in the league in any year of his career. He never reached that level. Your mind has rewritten history.
You cannot begin to even fathom the beginnings of the magnitude as to how much better Voss is than either Ablett and even more so Danger. Even if cthulu appeared and allowed your mind to correlate all its contents, comprehending the gulf between Voss and the others will turn you mad.
Really disliked what he did to GCS.

Voss's leadership elevates him above Ablett's pure footballing ability.

You cannot begin to even fathom the beginnings of the magnitude as to how much better Voss is than either Ablett and even more so Danger. Even if cthulu appeared and allowed your mind to correlate all its contents, comprehending the gulf between Voss and the others will turn you mad.

what rubbish. stop doing what most football fans do and remember the past as being far better than what it was. Its a trick of thr brain. Ablett won 5 mvps for *** sake and was far quicker, more agile, had better stamina and was far cleaner with disposal then Voss. Voss couldnt shimmy out of contests like ablett or kick goals from tight angles like ablett. He simply wasnt as talented. Voss had fantastic attack on the ball but so did ablett in his prime. Ablett just won the ball with more class and usually came running away from the pack with it whereas Voss would be forced to slam it on his boot or hand ball it out of the pack as he didnt have the class to run around his opponents from a standing position.

Of the modern era its Ablett - huge gap - williams - gap - and then Voss, Hird and Judd.

Every now and then you read utter garbage on BF, and this is no exception. Voss was a champion. We all get that. So is Ablett. We don’t mark Voss down because he was a very s**t coach.

Voss was a much better captain than Ablett, but Ablett was and is a better midfielder. Tom Harley was a fantastic captain at Geelong, but I don’t rate him above better skilled players just because of that.

Now if you want to start a thread on best captains of the past, go ahead

Yea, na.

Ablett Jnr is widely considered as the greatest player to play the game, his 5 Leigh Matthews trophies almost attest to this.

Your comment is the reason the main board needs an age restriction.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back