Scandal Adelaide’s Tyson Stengle - Drink Driving an Unregistered Vehicle

Remove this Banner Ad

He'll learn from his mistake. It's good to see him take ownership and not create some outlandish story.

Good luck, Tyson.
Waiting for Toms tweet now to excuse his drink driving. Probably talk about the pay cuts too being the reason he hasn't paid his rego.

Lot easier for the crows to deal with this one. Stengle being a young player and not a key member of the team at the moment means they can go hard and really set the tone. The Bulldogs however would be standing down (when they actually at that is) a key player and vice captain.

Waiting for Toms tweet now to excuse his drink driving. Probably talk about the pay cuts too being the reason he hasn't paid his rego.

Lot easier for the crows to deal with this one. Stengle being a young player and not a key member of the team at the moment means they can go hard and really set the tone. The Bulldogs however would be standing down (when they actually at that is) a key player and vice captain.

You've got that the wrong way around. Standing down leaders SHOULD be the easier decision. Key player be damned he is lucky not to be in jail.

Both should be raked over the coals. I've long been a fan of throwing people in jail for a weekend if caught over .1xx . At that level there is simply no excuse anymore and you are simply endangering life.

Stenglein's a gun. Been playing the game for years first with Adelaide, winning a premiership with West Coast then going back to the Crows.

Kid has Alligator blood.

You've got that the wrong way around. Standing down leaders SHOULD be the easier decision. Key player be damned he is lucky not to be in jail.

Both should be raked over the coals. I've long been a fan of throwing people in jail for a weekend if caught over .1xx . At that level there is simply no excuse anymore and you are simply endangering life.

what about the excuse that you’re drunk and obviously no longer capable of making good decisions?

Fair point I guess, it's fair to say Hunters stuff up is massive considering he is much older and more mature and his standing st the club than Stengle.

Still both are terrible and should be smashed by the law for this as said.

It will be interesting to see how each club handles it. I reckon the crows will go pretty hard on the Stengle fella but they won't cast him out.

AFL footballers hear the words "Stay Home", so apparently that means get s**t faced and go out and drink drive. I'd love a psychologist to conduct a study of the correlation between footballers and self-centred stupidity.

"Deeply remorseful" - how come nobody feels remorse unless they get caught?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably because there’s no staff or sports journos left to report on it...
Really sport journos have been clinging to every little bit of news the can possibly get.
And if the club only found out yesterday that's even worse.

The club’s head of football Adam Kelly says the young forward is “deeply remorseful” for his getting caught.

But not remorseful for his actions? Sounds right.

Fair point I guess, it's fair to say Hunters stuff up is massive considering he is much older and more mature and his standing st the club than Stengle.

Still both are terrible and should be smashed by the law for this as said.

It will be interesting to see how each club handles it. I reckon the crows will go pretty hard on the Stengle fella but they won't cast him out.

We have learnt nothing from the internal review. Our handling of the week old incident released approx. 24 hours ago has been nothing but a cover up until it had to be acknowledged.

The fact that the incident was covered up until a week after it occurred is almost as disturbing as the incident itself. Shows nothing has changed at the club.

This is what i want to know. (even though it will never be made public) Did Chapman and Fagan use their power and influence to prevent the media from releasing this story? If so then nothing will change within the club and we can look forward to Goodwin being our next coach. What a f'n joke!

Really sport journos have been clinging to every little bit of news the can possibly get.
And if the club only found out yesterday that's even worse.
If the club only found out yesterday, that's actually better than finding out a week ago and keeping it under their hat

AFL footballers hear the words "Stay Home", so apparently that means get s**t faced and go out and drink drive. I'd love a psychologist to conduct a study of the correlation between footballers and self-centred stupidity.

Exactly - deeply remorseful for getting caught.

Come out and tell it like it is:

"Tyson's actions are totally unacceptable, he's acted like a bloody idiot. While people make mistakes, there is no place for this type of childish mistake as it kills innocent people.

We expect much more from a grown up man.

Tyson will be severely punished for this, afterwhich we will assess if/how he comes back into the club."

Why narrow it to AFL footballers? Let’s say young adults..... broaden the scope. There would be plenty of others that are getting caught doing something similar, but because they a shelf packer at coles or a uni student you don’t hear about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back