Adelaide Crows 2019 - Will they play finals? ( Can they make the top 4 and be a serious contender )

Will the Crows play finals in 2019?

• Yes, they will make finals and be a strong contender

Votes: 101 35.8%
  • They will make the 8

Votes: 91 32.3%
  • They will miss out on the 8 again

Votes: 90 31.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freo H
Port
Brisbane A
Eagles home
Dees TIO
GWS home
Richmond Home

Wouldn't be inconceivable that the Crows win all of those next 7 games. I think at worst would go 4-3, although more realistically 5-2 imo as a worst case. Geelong awaits after that patch of 7 and you'd tip us although we're talking 2 months down the track. I don't have the Crows as a contender for the flag, but best case scenario a Prelim final position. Interesting to see what Freo offers this week as at this stage they've taken care of business and have added some quality weapons to their arsenal. Whoever wins this week I think is going to take massive confidence heading into the next month of footy, possibly more.
If crows go 7-0 I'll drink a litre of my own urine. You're an absolute lunatic.

They do have an interesting stretch of games going into the bye. All of their opponents I'd consider to be finals contenders with the exception being Melbourne. Adelaide are still a bit of an unknown for me, those games leading into the bye are all winnable for them but they could go either way. They play 5 games at Adelaide Oval (including the Showdown against Port) in their next 7 games so their performances at home will be really important in this period.

Back on track. Freo hard done by with some terrible umpiring but Crows are back nonetheless and in some good form.

Going to be hard to beat. Could make the prelims as a best case scenario imo.

Top 4 without doubt, especially if they regularly play in wet weather

I thought you guys played the wet well last night. Sad you had so many injuries to key players, I like my showdowns when both teams flying.

Your crowd was hostile last night. If you can maintain that you might make the eight and have a healthy list by finals.

Crows looking good. I thought absolute best case scenario they could make the prelims. Maybe with a bit of luck they can return to the big stage. Won't beat the Cats or Pies but could finish as a runner up.

Most likely their ceiling would be the Prelims though.

Crows looking good. I thought absolute best case scenario they could make the prelims. Maybe with a bit of luck they can return to the big stage. Won't beat the Cats or Pies but could finish as a runner up.

I dont think you can claim a team can be good enough to make a prelim this far out, but not good enough to win a flag. Too many times in last 5 years has this been unpreidctable at this time of year to make that call.

enjoying the change of approach. why not suffocate the opposition as well given how the game is played these days?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huh? Brad Crouch kicks that goal from straight in front with 10 minutes to go against you guys and the crows are in front. Instead Geelong get three or four late goals to run out winners. Short memory.

These guys will be there at the pointy end and they will have a red hot shot at it. Cannot be underestimated at all.

Will be surprised if they miss out on finals. Think they'll finish 4-7.
Who've you got for the top 4 end of the home and away? I find it hard leaving the Crows out but maybe I need to see how they go against the other big contenders first.

At this early stage I think 6 teams can make the top 4 atm:

In no particular order WCE, Collingwood, Geelong, Adelaide, Richmond, GWS.

GWS are flaky and Richmond could struggle through ongoing injury issues.

I don’t get why people think Collingwood or Geelong are unbeatable. Sure, they’re in the best form at the moment and will likely finish top 4, but they’re not really that far ahead of the pack.

this..

if they can fix their forward line..look out. it's a dogs breakfast up there at the moment.

how good is their back six though.

I actually think Eddie needs a rest and Stengle deserves a spot. Stengel is flying in the SANFL. Also wouldn’t mind seeing Fogarty in for Walker but I must admit Walker has been better lately compared to his first 3 weeks.

A forward line of

Stengle Fogarty Murphy
Lynch Himmelberg Knight

And have Jones in for Galluci on the bench is something I would like to see with Greenwood up there at times also. Also got a quick small by the name of McHenry playing really well in the SANFL also. Plenty of options but Pyke won’t change drastically like I have above.

Yes the backline is playing great footy, Brown back is huge. You can see that by 1 week in the SANFL and then straight back into the team. When we get Milera and Seedsman back then we can get some quick ball movement back

I actually think Eddie needs a rest and Stengle deserves a spot. Stengel is flying in the SANFL. Also wouldn’t mind seeing Fogarty in for Walker but I must admit Walker has been better lately compared to his first 3 weeks.

A forward line of

Stengle Fogarty Murphy
Lynch Himmelberg Knight

And have Jones in for Galluci on the bench is something I would like to see with Greenwood up there at times also. Also got a quick small by the name of McHenry playing really well in the SANFL also. Plenty of options but Pyke won’t change drastically like I have above.

Yes the backline is playing great footy, Brown back is huge. You can see that by 1 week in the SANFL and then straight back into the team. When we get Milera and Seedsman back then we can get some quick ball movement back
That forward line is barely SANFL standard.

Lynch ~ Himmelburg ~ Murphy
Betts ~ Walker ~ Greenwood

McHenry, McAdam, Davis, Jones as options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back