Adelaide Crows 2019 - Will they play finals? ( Can they make the top 4 and be a serious contender )

Will the Crows play finals in 2019?

• Yes, they will make finals and be a strong contender

Votes: 101 35.8%
  • They will make the 8

Votes: 91 32.3%
  • They will miss out on the 8 again

Votes: 90 31.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Check it out mate why not. You never know and in any case it will be good to check out some '' other '' football;)

I've been to the cattery before, I know what I'm in for

Last time there was Bartel's 250th (?or 300? Milestone either way) and despite hitting the front at start of 4th qtr Geelong ran away with a 5 goal win, with Bartel scoring two on account of being alone in the goalsquare for each of them.

3 wins in 28 years and none since Gary Ayres was coach (!!) is poor by any standard

they're playing well and I really like their defense.

but geez things are falling their way this year. should have lost to melbourne and were lucky to come up against half a port side, half a giants side and half a richmond side.

i guess things were due to fall their way since they went so badly last year, but it really seems like the universe is conspiring to screw carlton over.....not that we needed any help with that

they're playing well and I really like their defense.

but geez things are falling their way this year. should have lost to melbourne and were lucky to come up against half a port side, half a giants side and half a richmond side.

i guess things were due to fall their way since they went so badly last year, but it really seems like the universe is conspiring to screw carlton over.....not that we needed any help with that
The interesting thing is that for the port game we had significant outs to.i agree with the luck on the other ones though

I had a dream Richmond beat Adelaide in the Grand Final. Yes it was just a dream obviously because I watched the game last night. I couldn't help but lol even in my sleep about the shattered dreams of the Crows at the hands of the Tige's again:tearsofjoy:

Sorry Crows fans. I guess we can all keep dreaming.

They've turned the season around nicely where it looked like it was headed for the s-bend. Still think they need to beat some good sides outside of Adelaide before I'm convinced they're premiership material but really can't fault what they're serving up at the moment. They've got a pretty favourable draw to boot so top four should be the aim.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainties for top 4 now I think. Still don’t think they can do any damage but stranger things have happened

Far from it. They just got over the line to Melbourne 2 weeks ago.

Who would they knock out? I think Geelong, Collingwood, GWS and WC are all better sides and all have a higher probability of making top 4. Don't read too much into Eagles collaspe in Sydney, they haven't won there in 20 years and won their last 5 (including Adelaide in Adelaide) before that. GWS have more talent and their best football is better than Adelaides, Geelong are easily 1st, and Collingwood will maul Adelaide at the G.

Last edited:
Far from it. They just got over the line to Melbourne 2 weeks ago.

Who would they knock out? I think Geelong, Collingwood, GWS and WC are all better sides and all have a higher probability of making top 4. Don't read too much into Eagles collaspe in Sydney, they haven't won there in 20 years and won their last 5 (including Adelaide in Adelaide) before that. GWS have more talent and their best football is better than Adelaides, Geelong are easily 1st, and Collingwood will maul Adelaide at the G.
People getting a bit ahead of themselves Melbourne are garbage atm and they beat a 40% Richmond they won't make top 4 but they should finish like 6th with the draw they have might make it past the first week of finals but wont go past that

Certainties for top 4 now I think. Still don’t think they can do any damage but stranger things have happened

Way too early for that sort of call. I'd say Geelong are the only team in that territory.

The fact that the Crows would have been out of the 8 had Melbourne kicked straight and GWS held on shows just how close this season is for most teams.

People getting a bit ahead of themselves Melbourne are garbage atm and they beat a 40% Richmond they won't make top 4 but they should finish like 6th with the draw they have might make it past the first week of finals but wont go past that
I can taste the saltiness from here!

I can taste the saltiness from here!

Not sure why a Carlton supporter would be salty about Adelaide, but I'm agreeance with the Blues supporter.

Wasn't impressed at all with the Crows last night, and I think they are far from a threat to the flag.

I would have Geelong, Collingwood, Eagles and GWS ahead of the Crows.

I also think a fully fit Richmond are better than what I saw last night from the Crows.

I reckon the Crows are in that group of Brisbane, Port Freo who seem to play some good footy at times, and average footy at others.

If you can win your games at home though, you should make finals, then who knows

We'll know more about the Crows' premiership credentials after their trip to Geelong.

We'll know more about the Crows' premiership credentials after their trip to Geelong.
Don't think the Crows have premiership credentials as yet but may be capable of sneaking top 4 spot. Probably one of the main positives is we haven't been blown away this season and many of our losses have been really close. Not loving the prospect of playing Geelong down there though!

Bottom half of the 8. Think the game plan is starting to come together, especially defensively. Teams are having to play risky football to get through.

Our biggest problems are execution and generating play from half back consistently. Still worrying signs even in our good wins.

Top 8 yes. Top 4 no.
They should of smelt a kill last night and beat us by 60+

We had a five day break and three injured players on the bench, we had key players out as well.

We played with you last night. That five goal onslaught in the last, one for the ages. We were on our knees, no rotations, five day break, playing injured guys( sloane)

And epic win and the last month we've made a statements with huge last quarters. Unlike you guys, huge last quarters interstate, not just our home deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back