Preview Adelaide Crows The Movie

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 8, 2012
Darwin
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
LA Lakers, Sturt
It was the winter of 2014. A few years had passed since the glory days for the Adelaide Crows and things never seemed to get better.
Losing a ton of talent and the AFL also struck out their chief strategist Dean Bailey who later passed away after a battle with cancer. They had been a club under siege, further driven into the ground notorious supervillain Stephen Trigg. He sacked recruiters, tampered with the draft and let the club take the hit to save his own bacon.

But some would not let that stand.

He was a family man now, long retired, still scarred from battle, but a champion all the same. Never one to sit down when it counted, he knew they needed him now.
That man was Mark Ricciuto, Premiership player, Club Captain, Brownlow medalist and and father of 26.

Roo, was swift, Roo was powerful, Roo was uncompromising. Within weeks Trigg was banished to blue purgatory. But that wasn't enough, Roo needed an ally someone to turn this ship around.
Quickly he found his man, Andrew Fagan, the pair rolled up their sleeves and went to work.
Sando was the next to fall, a promising start had floundered under him. Wanted to be one of the boys, but not prepared to be the man.

Enter Phil Walsh.

In a club long steeped in mediocrity and close enough being good enough Phil was a breath of fresh air. He talked elite standards, formula 1 football and team first mentality.
Phil looked at his chargers, he needed a leader on field, someone to lift the team, someone who bleeds the club colours. He found his man in the Texan.
Success came quickly and the Crows started 2015 with a bang the masses of Crows fans had new in their captain and their coach. These guys were real, nothing was going to stop us hitting the top......

It was cold night in July when the dark clouds gathered over Adelaide, the club woke to the news of the sudden and tragic passing of their beloved mentor.
That would be enough to end the run for most, but not these lads, spurred on by the faith instilled by Phil, they powered through to the finals only to succumb to the rampaging Hawks on their way to a 3peat.

That summer they brought back the Don, he was there when we last won the minor premiership, a premiership player in his own right and successful away from the game, but hungry to do more.
That summer, they also lost Dangerfield, he won the gold jacket and walked away from his comrades in pain.
2016 wasn't easy either, they started strong but ran out of gas in the finals again.
Licking their wounds they re-grouped, re-focused and organically growthed.
2017 they had the toughest start imaginable, Premiership Favourites GWS, then Super Hawks and old nemesis Port Pear. But they were up to the challenge. 6-0 and things were looking good..... That's when disaster struck. Sent to play in the north antarctic, they hit an iceberg, Sloane was tagged and the blueprint was drawn. It was a long June after that, sputtering through games, young kids looking elsewhere, coach not reacting, fans thinking that they had seen it all before.
Until a bright Saturday in July at the MCG, in a game where we were just going through the motions, looking like an embarrassing loss to the Blues was coming up, the boys found something there was steal in their resolve a will that hadn't been seen for a long time the tide had turned.

Strong arming their way to the minor premiership on the eve of the finals, their main charger Rory Sloane had emergency surgery with more bad news for the group to come.....

Where to next for this group, would they see the Texan and the Don on the Dias in September, only they can make it happen.

Opening scene - ' Long pan down a darkened street lit up by flashing blue and red lights, people anxiously looking out doors and muttering. Shocked faces , some with tears. No music no sound, just silence. A woman breaks free and silently screams'' Fade

Titles

Opening Shot '' Cut to tv screen with Breaking News and vision of news reporter talking about Sanctions on the AFC after TippetGate - camera pulls back to a Boardroom full of angry and guilty faces. Arguments break out among the table , except for 1 man whose head is hung low''

Pan out window to playing field where the AFC footballers are running a drill on the ground. The drill falls apart. Close Up on a young man with a Mullet. Suddenly his face which was laughing and smiling a moment before gets a look of determination and he yells at the group to be better

Act 1
Thunder over westlakes.
The telephone rings....
Trigg: Uh Hello.
Roo: What have you done? (in batman voice)
Trigg: Ah, Roo how are you? Good to hear from you mate, I was going to call you I have a new logo that I think the kids are reall......
Roo: Don't bullhit me, what have you done to the club.
I'm coming back.
Trigg: Roo thats a great offer but you really don't have too I've got it all under control.
Roo: No. You don't. Hangs up

Trigg stares down at his mahogany desk as the drizzle runs down is window, the new light blue logo'd pencil case next to his phone. He picks up the phone.

Trigg: Gill you there, he's coming back.............. I know that he's retired... I need an out.

Roo: What have you done? (in batman voice)

Trigg stares down at his mahogany desk as the drizzle runs down is window, the new light blue logo'd pencil case next to his phone. He picks up the phone.

Trigg: How dare you talk to me like that!

[pushes Roo back on the couch]

Trigg: You should tell me everything!

Roo: I can't talk right now.

Trigg: Why, Roo? Why, Roo? Please talk to me, please! You are part of my life! You are everything! I could not go on without you, Roo.

Roo: You're scaring me.

[Roo gets up, but Trigg also gets up]

Trigg: You're lying! I never hit you! You are tearing me apart, Roo!

reminds me of Ron Howard talking about the test audience feedback on Apollo 13 - apparently one person wrote "bullshit Hollywood ending, they never would have made it!"

That explains quite a lot

If we win a flag, the road tbis club has travelled since 2012 would make a great movie.

Or at least a decent ESPN doco.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

30 for 30

What if I told you....

maybe it will be like mean machine where the hopeless kid who tries superhard is hopeless, but wins it for the team in the last second of the championship match?

David Mackay, come on down!!!
(played by DJ Qualls)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

maybe it will be like mean machine where the hopeless kid who tries superhard is hopeless, but wins it for the team in the last second of the championship match?

David Mackay, come on down!!!
(played by DJ Qualls)
DJ as David Mackay, so perfect. :D

If we win a flag, the road tbis club has travelled since 2012 would make a great movie.

Or at least a decent ESPN doco.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Would it be the first Australian 30 for 30 storyline? They are sublime docco's. Even if you don't like the sport they draw you in and you have to keep watching. If we did win this year our story would be perfect.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oh and Christopher Meloni as Don Pyke

christopher-meloni-600x450.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back