Adelaide United FC Thread - 2019 FFA Cup Champions (Kings of the Cup)

Remove this Banner Ad

3-1 win.

Played with mostly youth players in the 2nd half. Blackwood scored a pen then went off clutching his leg, Mileusnic did the same in the 1st after setting up Arlberg.

Arlberg looked pretty good first up.

We also paid a fee for him, that's 2 in 2 weeks......

WTF is going on at our club now, I like it.

Looks a good signing Maria, does anyone know more about Arlberg thought? Is he a striker? Or attacking mid?
Plays wide but capable of floating around the front 3rd. Little bit like Goody in that regard, but with more pace.

We also paid a fee for him, that's 2 in 2 weeks......

WTF is going on at our club now, I like it.
Are you sure? He has been in s**t divisions his whole career and barely played. I will reserve judgement until he plays but the resume is a poor one.
Yes we have signed better credentialed players who have been massive failures but the guy we signed from the Dutch system last season was an absolute dud. So I am a little concerned about the quality of this new guy.

Anyway.... hope I’m very wrong.

This guy played at Twente last year who got promoted to Eredivise, I think he will be fine.

He's only been a pro for 5 years, spent his entire youth career at PSV too. Unlike Jordy this fellow looks like he can move a bit.

I've learnt to not judge players before we've seen them in our shirt.

"It was not smart of him to come here and not be fit enough"

I like this new coach.

Our two best players gone in the same off-season. This upcoming season could be painful.

Can't say I'm surprised Goodwin has left (again) but I was hoping it wasn't after just 1 season...

Weve replaced one of them with a precocious talent.

The other might have to wait a bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need:
Centre Back
Attacking Mid
Left Winger
Striker
1/2x Backup Strikers

I'd want 2 of the four starters we should be getting to be foreigners, and wouldnt mind a youngish striker from the NPL just for some more depth. What quality Aussie free agents are left who could start for us in these positions??

Not sure he’s that, but he did bang in 36 goals in 40 games in the Norwegian 2nd Division. Although, that was 6 years ago.
Scored 1 from 11 in Turkish Div 1, doesn't sound much but when you consider Bobo didn't score in 13 games.....

He led the Norweigan 2nd Div scoring last season too. That 36 goal season was as a 21yo.

Let's wait and see I guess.

Went and had a look at our game against Raiders last night. Result was as expected, but the 3 that impressed me were Konsta, McGree and Maria.

All 3 seemed to have a great understanding, and given that Maria has been here for 10 days thats a good sign.

Back