Game Day Adelaide vs Freo match Sim, Friday Feb 24 5.50PM S.A. time,Victor George Kallis Oval, Cockburn Central W.A.

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair to Hammill he was one to receive limited game time in the first four quarters. Wasn’t his best day for sure however and I do think pistol has overtaken him

Crouch, Thilthorpe and Murphy were others to not play huge amounts given they also featured in the second contest, so wouldn’t look too much into their numbers though I thought Murphy struggled to get into it.

To be fair to Hammill he was one to receive limited game time in the first four quarters. Wasn’t his best day for sure however and I do think pistol has overtaken him

Crouch, Thilthorpe and Murphy were others to not play huge amounts given they also featured in the second contest, so wouldn’t look too much into their numbers though I thought Murphy struggled to get into it.
Parnell also out performed Hamill in the internal

I swear i saw Crouch touch it over 45 times over 7 periods

You can see a different side of him but fortunately I don't subscribe to instagram. I can only draw my conclusion from what I see when watching a game and then some of the post game activities. But I will trust your assessment as I certainly don't want to lose another high draft pick..... but its still a gut feeling

I honestly think you’re just reading way too much into it. Do you remember how absolutely ecstatic he was at times last year? Running along the boundary, high-fiving the crowd after kicking goals in his first game, or jumping into the middle of the pack going nuts after the showdown win are just a couple of the moments that stood out
I hope I am, but as I have said its the little things I have noticed him do that makes me think otherwise. Look time will tell. We all would like him to remain with the club. If my gut feel is wrong I will be the first to change concerns.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were not checking the Freo mids close enough from the first quarter at the centre bounces. By now, we should know that ROB rarely taps it to our advantage. Laird was on Omera and gave him way too much leeway. As others have stated, our mids not having a defensive mindset costs us, and it zooms out of the middle, and our weak defence can't hold up one on one. It did look better without Crouch, Keays and Laird all in there, and Berry is going to be our bull this year; I love how he plays. It will be interesting to see how they go against a Weagles midfield now that they are healthy again.

Yes, the wind was blowing to the end at the right of screen. The commentators noted that the Fremantle Doctor was definitely stronger from around P3 onwards.
Yes. However, I think the Himmelberg and Fyfe goals showed that the wind was really behind their kicks from the LFF. That might suggest that McHenry's kick from the RFF was a little more difficult.

Yes. However, I think the Himmelberg and Fyfe goals showed that the wind was really behind their kicks from the LFF. That might suggest that McHenry's kick from the RFF was a little more difficult.
Looking at the map, the oval is almost east-west, with the eastern end slightly north of the goals at the western end (I hope that makes sense).

The Freo Doctor normally blows in, straight out of the west. That would make a shot from the northern side of the ground marginally easier. McHenry's was from the southern side. In all reality though, the difference isn't significant - the ground is almost east-west, and he definitely had the wind behind him.

When you look at the trees and grass at the side of the ground when Ned kicks that goal, it doesn't look like there was any wind blowing at the time.

Much more likely he managed to kick that was because he managed to kick it flush while running at full tilt. Hopefully that puts to bed any more jibes about him not being able to kick further than 30m.

When you look at the trees and grass at the side of the ground when Ned kicks that goal, it doesn't look like there was any wind blowing at the time.

Much more likely he managed to kick that was because he managed to kick it flush while running at full tilt. Hopefully that puts to bed any more jibes about him not being able to kick further than 30m.
wont make a difference to those that have already made up their minds that he is a spud. He does a lot of things right that he never gets credit for but make one mistake and they blow up and start to whip.

wont make a difference to those that have already made up their minds that he is a spud. He does a lot of things right that he never gets credit for but make one mistake and they blow up and start to whip.
Really surprised that after 3 years on the list he’s struggling to make the team with all the things he does right ;)

Perhaps you should email Nicks.

But can you list all the things he does right, I’m pretty sure he’s actually been acknowledged for those, it’s all the other stuff he doesn’t do. The fact you’re hanging your hat on one good goal says a lot. Did you see the week before in the trial when 15 out from goal, he tries the hook goal and almost fluffs it, it’s almost as if he has very little goal sense

AFL only counting the first 4 qtrs

All matches live on Kayo Sports and Foxtel

North Melbourne 10.13 (73) lost to Richmond 11.9 (75) at Arden St
Carlton 12.12 (84) beat Collingwood 11.8 (74) at Ikon Park
Sydney 8.6 (54) lost to Brisbane 15.9 (99) at Moore Park
St Kilda 6.10 (46) lost to Melbourne 16.9 (105) at RSEA Park
Fremantle 10.6 (66) lost to Adelaide 12.5 (77) at Cockburn
West Coast 13.6 (84) beat Port Adelaide 11.10 (76) at MR Park
So out of the 12 teams that played practice matches, we kicked the 5th highest score by the end of the fourth quarter. Behind Melb, Bris, Carl and WC.
By eye I reckon we would've had the 3rd highest percentage behind Melb and Bris.

We had by far the best goals to points ratio though, next best was WC, with Freo, Melb and Bris all pretty similar.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back