FTA-TV Ads that piss you off (3)

Remove this Banner Ad

All the stupid unfunny Sportsbet ads.

Also the best shed and with the surfer chick with a voice as annoying Fran Drescher in the nanny. Also reminding me why I don't like Surfers

Sent from my motorola edge 30 pro using Tapatalk

Patrick was happy with his low cost insurance.
HAHAHAHAHA omfg, that ad and the indecipherable ‘somethingsomethingbuddy’ had been legitimately doing my *ing head in for the past however many months and million times I’ve seen it and I just could not figure out what the hell he was saying.

I tried turning subtitles on on my TV…. but while lots of other ads do have subtitles, that one ad just did not have any. Then earlier today I actually looked up the ad on YouTube and it had the closed captions option so I turned that on, thinking I was finally going to solve it…. and the YouTube closed captions for that bit came up as ‘KIDS PARTY’ 😂💀💀

And then I finally posted the clip on fbook and somebody told me it was NICE WHISKERS PADDY and omg I feel like I can finally rest 😂

HAHAHAHAHA omfg, that ad and the indecipherable ‘somethingsomethingbuddy’ had been legitimately doing my *ing head in for the past however many months and million times I’ve seen it and I just could not figure out what the hell he was saying.

I tried turning subtitles on on my TV…. but while lots of other ads do have subtitles, that one ad just did not have any. Then earlier today I actually looked up the ad on YouTube and it had the closed captions option so I turned that on, thinking I was finally going to solve it…. and the YouTube closed captions for that bit came up as ‘KIDS PARTY’ 😂💀💀

And then I finally posted the clip on fbook and somebody told me it was NICE WHISKERS PADDY and omg I feel like I can finally rest 😂

To be fair, Sam Moorfoot, the guy who said the line and is part of the Geelong Cats, has apraxia of speech.
A common feature of someone with Down Syndrome and other disabilities.

Myself likewise.

needed to join this site earlier :p , i posted it at the start of last month

he says nice whiskers patty

To be fair, Sam Moorfoot, the guy who said the line and is part of the Geelong Cats, has apraxia of speech.
A common feature of someone with Down Syndrome and other disabilities.

Myself likewise.
As soon as I re-watched it with it in my mind that he was saying ‘nice whiskers Paddy’ I could hear and understand it perfectly and now I can’t believe I was watching it and not able to figure it out 💀

One of my life’s greatest mysteries was understanding what the guy walking past said. Now I know.

Also wtf is the point of the dude riding the JetSki with the AAMI employee. He literally does nothing.

i think he is the face of AAMI, he is in all the other ads

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s just a campaigner with hair now
My Sister went to school with him here in Canberra back in the 90's and she thought he was an a-hole's a-hole back then, and apparently he is a bigger one now. The worst thing to ever come out of Canberra.

The Audible ad. Josh Thomas clasping his little hands, mincing along in Miranda’s wake - “I’d like to thrive!”

Used to think he was amusing, back in the days of “My Generation.”

That Telstra internet ad where the kid forgets to pick his brother up and goes running out to get him, after the brother’s already walked home in the rain.

For such a tech savvy family, they don’t seem to have heard of phones.

That Telstra internet ad where the kid forgets to pick his brother up and goes running out to get him, after the brother’s already walked home in the rain.

I thought it was his dad

The first ad shits me too, where the Asian family switch on the TV and the 2021 Grand Final is playing and they have no idea what footy is, despite having Aussie accents (suggesting they were born here or moved when they were young)
Cut to 12 months later and both kids are massive Bulldogs fans.
So unless they chose to follow the Dogs after the Bont's goal in the 3rd quarter, I would have assumed they'd follow the Dees after that. Just a minor nitpick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back