FTA-TV Ads that piss you off (3)

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter FitzSimons and other Aussie pseudo celebrities telling me that they're tonight they're ordering UberEats from <insert restaurant name here> in Mt Lawley/Leederville/other Perth location that is literally a continent away from where they actually live.

'Not just the sun... your son, and his right arm inswingers'

That older guy is clearly his Dad, not his son. It's like the came up with what they thought was a great line but then realised it would look bad to have the actual son peppering his old man with bodyline bowling so they switched them around to make it 'funnier'... except now it doesn't make sense.

That older guy is clearly his Dad, not his son. It's like the came up with what they thought was a great line but then realised it would look bad to have the actual son peppering his old man with bodyline bowling so they switched them around to make it 'funnier'... except now it doesn't make sense.

I mentioned my hate for that ad a page or so back. Its one of two ads ("hole in my bucket" being the other) that I actively mute as soon as I hear it because I hate it so much

Finally, an explanation for that ad that makes sense!

Guessing it's only a WA ad, but...

"Hi Jill"
"Hi Renee"
"Did you know you can save $100 off RAC car insurance if you buy online?"
"Thanks Renee!"

In real life that last line would be dripping with sarcasm or include profanity. If my neighbour started cold-selling their company's products on me in the street like that I'd start secretly pissing in their petrol tank.

I don't know what all the fuss is about the new lamb ad. Creative, though I hate Broadway musicals. And I am a recent convert to Lambism(but no mint jelly, thank you.)

Guessing it's only a WA ad, but...

"Hi Jill"
"Hi Renee"
"Did you know you can save $100 off RAC car insurance if you buy online?"
"Thanks Renee!"

In real life that last line would be dripping with sarcasm or include profanity. If my neighbour started cold-selling their company's products on me in the street like that I'd start secretly pissing in their petrol tank.
My reaction would be along the lines of " is this psycho going through my mail?"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any of the myriaf of the ‘compare the pair’ industry super ads I am forced to endure during the tennis season.

For some reason, the over-acting in the one where two women are standing in front of escalators at a shopping centre really annoys me

Can't believe the cheapskates at hotels combined couldn't animate the bear's lips. Awful ads

I saw a recent one where a guy and girl ask the bear about a hotel, and the girl keeps cutting off the bear by saying she wants a hotel that has this and has that, and she lists a whole bunch of things she wants the room to have.

The thing is, look carefully at the girl. I could have sworn that it is the same girl in the Trivago ads. If so, how ironic, that she advertises Trivago (a website which compares hotels) and then acts in a Hotel Combined ad (which is also a website that compares hotels, and a competitor to Trivago).

I doubt it is her, because she couldn't be used on competing ads, but gee, she sure looks like the Trivago girl (maybe it is her evil twin promoting the competition).

I saw a recent one where a guy and girl ask the bear about a hotel, and the girl keeps cutting off the bear by saying she wants a hotel that has this and has that, and she lists a whole bunch of things she wants the room to have.

The thing is, look carefully at the girl. I could have sworn that it is the same girl in the Trivago ads. If so, how ironic, that she advertises Trivago (a website which compares hotels) and then acts in a Hotel Combined ad (which is also a website that compares hotels, and a competitor to Trivago).

I doubt it is her, because she couldn't be used on competing ads, but gee, she sure looks like the Trivago girl (maybe it is her evil twin promoting the competition).
So its not her? I have been trying to figure this out for a long time. It has to be her twin if not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back