Preview AFL 2018 - Preliminary Final - West Coast v Melbourne, Optus Stadium, Sat, Sept 22, 1.20pm WST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you reckon this game will go mate? I am expecting it to be a great match. Bias me tips the Eagles but you guys have been awesome and if you roll us it will not surprise me.
It will come down to sustained pressure and I reckon you have a bit on us in that department, having said that we keep getting the job done.
Hope its a cracker.

To be honest for a minute, I think West Coast in Perth will be a bridge too far for us. We need to clean up our disposal going inside 50 to have a chance and our pressure game might ease off later in the game if the conditions are a bit warm. But I'd only have you guys as slight favourites, I do think we can win especially the belief this group is building in themselves. Either way I hope it's a cracking game I don't want it to be a wipeout like the last time we played a Prelim in Perth (at the WACA!)

The season will still be season as a pass mark for getting this far if we lose and hopefully will hold us in good stead in the coming years.

I'd like to apologise to Melbourne for having to play in Perth at our biased stadium. lf we win I also apologize for reducing the spectacle of the GF. I think the shape of the game committee will need to look at all this in the offseason as there clearly needs to be a rule excluding interstate teams from playing off in the finals.

Last edited:
I'd like to apologise to Melbourne for having to play in Perth at our biased stadium, likewise if we win and risk reducing the spectacle of the GF. I think the shape of the game committee will need to look at all this in the offseason as there clearly needs to be a rule excluding interstate teams from playing off in the finals.

bloody eagles fans what with their turning up to the games and making noises

To be honest for a minute, I think West Coast in Perth will be a bridge too far for us. We need to clean up our disposal going inside 50 to have a chance and our pressure game might ease off later in the game if the conditions are a bit warm. But I'd only have you guys as slight favourites, I do think we can win especially the belief this group is building in themselves. Either way I hope it's a cracking game I don't want it to be a wipeout like the last time we played a Prelim in Perth (at the WACA!)

The season will still be season as a pass mark for getting this far if we lose and hopefully will hold us in good stead in the coming years.

Exactly. I feel the same about the Eagles. Even though if we lose at home we will be wildly criticised the club has done a great job this year and the future looks sound for us also.
Good luck to your boys, not to much luck though.

From todays West on ticketing:
https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/af...t-v-melbourne-preliminary-final-ng-b88963908z

Scalpers are again taking advantage of the huge public interest in the West Coast Eagles’ AFL finals campaign, asking for nearly $1000 for a ticket to the preliminary final at Optus Stadium.

The Eagles will play Melbourne on Saturday and official vendor Ticketmaster currently has no tickets available online.

Users of ticket resale website Viagogo were advertising VIP tickets for $999 on Tuesday. Regular tickets were available for up to $600.

One Gumtree user was offering two tickets for $500 each.

Why can’t we have the online fraud squad look into this

It should be illegal to scalp which I think it is ...dedicate some police time...

$1000 fine for scalpi g and life time ban from any sport in this country

Channel 7 commentators: Luke Darcy, James Brayshaw, Matthew Richardson, Peter Bell

"So brave."

Replace him with Mark Reading and the commentary team is a lot better

Also As much as I like Richo I'd like Bartel even More

So For me its
Mark Reading
James Brayshaw
James Bartel
Peter Bell
Glen Jackovich

about low to mid 20s

if its clear skies it can feel pretty warm

Thanks.

Also in your opinion: How has the stadium held up in its first season of AFL? Would you be making any alterations/tweaks to the stadium or is it just a teething process?

We are the best 3rd quarter team in the comp. We kicked the first 4 goals before Darling got taken off. We also over ran you in the last 10 minutes after you hit the lead.

We were a man down and you over ran us in the last 10 minutes. Shocker. And you beat us by 2 goals 6, you are talking like you demolished us. If Darling and Kennedy played a full game, its likely both would have snagged 1 or 2 and thus making up that massive 17 point buffer, not to mention having our best defender actually playing the 4 quarters in our defence would have helped. Keep talking yourself up all you want, its not going to help you on Saturday when a full strength WC forward line get a hold of you. No excuses this time. If you win, you win it fair and square.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks.

Also in your opinion: How has the stadium held up in its first season of AFL? Would you be making any alterations/tweaks to the stadium or is it just a teething process?

The stadium is f***ing awesome, my only qualms are about what goes on outside the stadium, the public transport, the distance between it and any decent bars/restaurants, etc

The stadium is f***ing awesome, my only qualms are about what goes on outside the stadium, the public transport, the distance between it and any decent bars/restaurants, etc

And the surface: Has it settled quite nicely?

You had me at Jakovich

Hahaha! :D Forgot how his surname was spelt.

According to Richardson its not the noise but when the opposition deserves a free the Eagles crowd is too quiet so the umps dont pay them.

So now its the silence of affirmation.

I wish they would make up their minds.

I..just.. what?!

Is richardson living in a parallel universe where fine upstanding Victorian supporters are so committed to fair play that they rise as one to draw umpires attention to instances where their team infringed?

Does it sound like 40k people politely coughing in unison? 'Ahem! Umpire! Our backman rather had a handful of his jumper!'

Why can’t we have the online fraud squad look into this

It should be illegal to scalp which I think it is ...dedicate some police time...

$1000 fine for scalpi g and life time ban from any sport in this country

The sad reality is that the above is not actually wildly unreasonable when you consider what the AFL charges for a 4 week finals pass, grand final breakfast, or travel package.

The only difference between Gumtree scalpers and corporate hospitality scalpers is the latter is AFL sanctioned- both take tickets out of the hands of regular fans.

I can give you 11.5 million reasons why based on this finals series alone.

The capacity excuse is a last resort cop out because Vics know there isn’t a legitimate reason to use a set, non-neutral venue for the grand final.

Name another elite sporting league in the world that uses such an archaic model. (NRL doesn’t count)

The grand final should be hosted by the top seed team.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I..just.. what?!

Is richardson living in a parallel universe where fine upstanding Victorian supporters are so committed to fair play that they rise as one to draw umpires attention to instances where their team infringed?

Does it sound like 40k people politely coughing in unison? 'Ahem! Umpire! Our backman rather had a handful of his jumper!'

Him and every other Vic media flog.

Like Collingswood never get a home town free kick do they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back