AFL Grand Final AFL 2021 GRAND FINAL - Demons v Dogs Sat September 25th 7:15pm EST / 5:15pm WST (Optus) Congratulations Demons! 🍾🏆 Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 16 4.4%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 16 4.4%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 132 36.4%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 108 29.8%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 50 13.8%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 33 9.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully will be a wonderful game.
The posts on here about who’s better is embarrassing. The stats and which team posters are the worst. Just save it. Both teams have had a wonderful year. Who ever wins deserves it but it doesn’t make the other team s**t ffs. It’s a game and someone has to win

West Coast supporter here, but have really enjoyed watching old Footscray this year and how they have gone about it. Something to really like about Bevo too - seems a genuine bloke.
So great to see a genuine working class perennial cellar dweller become a force in ‘16 and maintain it. Here’s hoping they can win at Perth Stadium next week - good luck!

Finally get 2 Melbourne metro clubs in the GF for the first time in 11 years, and it's played off the MCG.

What's the bet Port or Brisbane make it next season when its back at the MCG?
Yep and 2nd year in a row 2 x vic clubs and both away from the g. Last time we had 2 vic clubs at the g was 2011!

City would have been such a buzz leading up to this one as it would have been last year too.

What keeps me up at night is the explosiveness of Petracca and Oliver from centre clearances. If they get on a run I can see a 4 -5 goal run being put on the board and blowing the game open.

Last edited:
My tinfoil has is reserved for people who think Albo would run the country better than ScoMo

my left testicle is a better option than either, but this isn’t the place for this discussion....

Been trying to find out if there is a pattern from recent years (last 10) as to how ladder position, and road through finals impacts the eventual premier.

I can't, which highlights the nature of our game and how anyone can win on the day.

Most common scenario is 2 top 4 teams winning through to gf undefeated.

Last time an undefeated team from bottom 4 met an undefeated team from top 4, tigers smashed GWS, though no one gave GWS a chance, unlike this year where the dogs are being treated more like a top 4 team by commentators based on overall season form.

Even in the Bulldogs undefeated finals series of 2016, Swans lost week 1 qf and took the long way round to gf day.

The only thing of slight interest I could find is that it's pretty much been a 50/50 split for the cup on the day between the favourite and the underdog in that time.

It's anyone's game at this point!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What keeps me up at night is the explosiveness of Petracca and Oliver from centre clearances. If they get on a run I can see a 4 -5 goal run being put on the board and blowing the game open.
Smith, Treloar, McCrae, Libba, and some other bloke called Bontempelli gives me some sleepless nights.

Chips are falling into place for the Doggies.

* A week's rest before the GF
* Players coming back from injuries
* Demon's lack of match practice over the last month.
* Demon's coaches falling ill.
* Teams beating Port Adelaide in a Preliminary Final have a 75% chance of winning the premiership.
* Positive freekick kick differential of 82 Vs -7

They are home and hosed for 2021.

Here is some form I came up with.
We get hammered in finals often, so do teams get ahead of themselves after beating our top 4 team early in games?

Cat finals curse.
2016 Swans PF - lose GF to dogs
2017 Crows PF - lose GF to tigers
2019 Pies QF - beaten in PF by a tobyless GWS
2020 Port QF - lose to Tigers in PF
2021 Port QF - flogged by dogs in PF
2021 Melb PF - ??

I think all these sides were favourites going into the next game?
Most of these losses involved us getting smashed very early on except Port 2020 who were competitive vs Richmond.

Or how bad Melbourne supporters have been this year

Imagine how bad they will be if they win
Most of us are talking a large step away from DD while trying not to make eye contact. I mean he tipped you to win by 7 goals then spent the rest of the week explaining why you won’t.
Some mothers do ‘ave em, and unfortunately he’s one of ours

Melbourne is playing a 7-9th best team that has the 1st best umpiring. I'm much more worried about the umpires than any dogs player. If the umps stay out of it, we should win it by 50+. Dogs have no backline and their midfield is deep but have no ruckman. Their forwards are Naughton and nothing else. And other 10 goals are made up of FreeKick WesternBulldogs.
Melbourne fans. Seriously this flog does you no favours whatsoever. Bulldogs are at best a 7-9 placed team and the Demons should win by 50 unless the umpires get involved.

Last edited:
Melbourne fans. Seriously this flog does you know favours whatsoever. Bulldogs are at best a 7-9 placed team and the Demons should win by 50 unless the umpires get involved.
If you want to wrestle pigs in the mud of course you’ll get dirty. And your side of the fence aren’t all people with clean hands either.
So you have a couple of choices- talk to those that talk footy, talk to those that talk s**t or hang out in the echo chamber every clubs rooms are.
Not that any of this matters to the 44 next weekend

Most of us are talking a large step away from DD while trying not to make eye contact. I mean he tipped you to win by 7 goals then spent the rest of the week explaining why you won’t.
Some mothers do ‘ave em, and unfortunately he’s one of ours
Thanks mate, really appreciate the backhander. Feel free to block me if I upset you so much. Such a shame I can give quite a good insight into the game even if I am pessimistic.

GAGF.

Last time Josh Dunkley played Melbourne in a full length game:
39 Disposals
24 Contested
15 Tackles
6 Marks
2 Goals

Would be nice if he could find that form again.

Back