Autopsy AFL 2021 Round 8 - Hawks v Eagles Sun May 9th 1:10pm EST (MCG) Podcast and Live Commentary link in OP!

Who will win and by how much?

• Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Also not our fault that nine of our best twenty two players are currently injured...Luke Ryan, Hayden Young, Adam Cerra, Alex Pearce, Joel Hamling, Ethan Hughes, Sam Switkowski, Heath Chapman & Sam Sturt. Never let the West Coast Australian get in the way of the truth though, I mean only The Eagles have injuries...Fremantle are untouched!

WC with Yeo, Shuey, McGovern, Barrass, Ryan, Hurn >>> Freo with those 9.

Not our fault you trade out your B&F winners for magic beans.

Also not our fault that nine of our best twenty two players are currently injured...Luke Ryan, Hayden Young, Adam Cerra, Alex Pearce, Joel Hamling, Ethan Hughes, Sam Switkowski, Heath Chapman & Sam Sturt. Never let the West Coast Australian get in the way of the truth though, I mean only The Eagles have injuries...Fremantle are untouched!

oh come on....Fremantle’s Best 22 has about 26 blokes in it at this stage I swear....

The only guy who’s never been slipped in there is Tobe ‘Not Jobe’ Watson.

Hawks should go in favourites with the bookies here. We've got nothing left in the cupboard. One or two more injuries and the janitors will be asked to pull on a jumper.

Your janitors >>>>>> what the Hawks will put on the field.

Eagles paying 1.51... get in on that action. I know I will.

The MCG is no longer Hawthorn's hunting ground.

Eagles by 99
yeah we quote under the odds so we aren't disappointed.. we are for this whole year quoting under the odds...

Clarko knows this and has been saying this for a long while.. the lads are being tested and this is good for our future progress..

Well yes, Freo have injuries but the importance of the injuries to WCE do indeed outweigh the ones for Freo marginally.

Bit of an indictment for both WA teams to be 1 & 2 to points lost to injury though.

1620442997499.png

Well yes, Freo have injuries but the importance of the injuries to WCE do indeed outweigh the ones for Freo marginally.

Bit of an indictment for both WA teams to be 1 & 2 to points lost to injury though.

View attachment 1121495
Either way, Fremantle won't make the finals, and I doubt West Coast would get past the first week, if into the finals at all. 2021 is done.

Your janitors >>>>>> what the Hawks will put on the field.

Eagles paying 1.51... get in on that action. I know I will.

The gap between the two sides isn't so big that Hawthorn can't win, but there are different motivations in tactics and selection.

Teams aren't out but if you have different levers to pull on what you really want to get out of the game. Would not be surprised to see a young player line up on Kennedy or Darling, a young player given a run with role on Kelly etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can the usual suspects stop shitfighting over the same rubbish over and over and just discuss the game? Or move on and let other people discuss in a civil manner.

Interesting that this one is at the G, I thought WCE usually had to make the trip to Tassie.

Eagles have to win this one, injuries or no injuries. Hawthorn are really struggling for talent (although have found some players). I have a novel coaching tactic suggestion for Simpson, put someone on Jiath.

Can the usual suspects stop shitfighting over the same rubbish over and over and just discuss the game? Or move on and let other people discuss in a civil manner.

I am enjoying the banter and hope both sides members continue.

Hawks strategy all year is to get numbers back, then get numbers around the ball as they move forward to a non functioning forward line. Gunston will help them but missing O'meara is a hurdle i doubt the hawks can overcome. Mitchell is a seagull who does nothing with it other then 15m passes then looking for it back to stat pad his numbers. So without JOM the eagles mids will be dominant which means lots of looks for the eagles big forwards. That should be the game unless Gunston can go beserk and kick five which might be enough to make it close.

Hawks strategy all year is to get numbers back, then get numbers around the ball as they move forward to a non functioning forward line. Gunston will help them but missing O'meara is a hurdle i doubt the hawks can overcome. Mitchell is a seagull who does nothing with it other then 15m passes then looking for it back to stat pad his numbers. So without JOM the eagles mids will be dominant which means lots of looks for the eagles big forwards. That should be the game unless Gunston can go beserk and kick five which might be enough to make it close.

Not happening with Shuey and Yeo still out, but if it does I'd expect a belting (of Hawthorn).

The makeshift backline we have for today is worrying me.

Back