Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 7 - Cats v Freo Sat April 30th 1:45pm EST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Freo by a goal or less

• Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 31.9%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Freo by a lot

• Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

9Vr4Y7J.gif
Nawwww, it will be good for us for little brother to step up . Might be the kick in the a#@& we need.

only one game, but will be interesting re. finals if the Cattery Fortress starts to get breached
On average at least it happens once a year. It seems to be interstate sides who tend to do it too - freo have done it a few times, the swans 4-5 times and the Giants a couple of times too, so sides that if we were given a final
Would be the likely opposition there.

Doesn’t matter where you play if you are as profligate with the ball as we have been.

Fremantle butchered a few chances but ultimately it was our own poor use in forward 50 that cost us: more entries, way more marks (17-8 or something for marks inside 50) and didn’t turn it into points particularly in the second and third, although Fremantle’s defence and own ball use had a bit to do with that drought

Freo are going to get thumped, missing key players, on a ground that doesn't suit their style of play, against a team who are way too experienced for them.

Will be a good pick me up after the s**t show that was last night.
Hows the pick me up going?? :)

On average at least it happens once a year. It seems to be interstate sides who tend to do it too - freo have done it a few times, the swans 4-5 times and the Giants a couple of times too, so sides that if we were given a final
Would be the likely opposition there.

Doesn’t matter where you play if you are as profligate with the ball as we have been.

Fremantle butchered a few chances but ultimately it was our own poor use in forward 50 that cost us: more entries, way more marks (17-8 or something for marks inside 50) and didn’t turn it into points particularly in the second and third, although Fremantle’s defence and own ball use had a bit to do with that drought
Freo's exits out the back half are excellent .

I had no problem with us picking up Shaun Higgins. Based on his last few years with North, his effort, defensive play and disposal were all strong. Way more merit signing him than say Jack Steven.

But it hasn’t worked. We need to accept it and stop picking him.

Fremantle have lept ahead of Geelong who are now just middle of the road at best. The reign is over at the Cattery, it's just a ground now, they are not good enough this year. Scott has extended his contract and will see the Cats get a wooden spoon before they get another flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had no problem with us picking up Shaun Higgins. Based on his last few years with North, his effort, defensive play and disposal were all strong. Way more merit signing him than say Jack Steven.

But it hasn’t worked. We need to accept it and stop picking him.
Hasn't been used to his strengths by Scott IMO

Dang it, I missed this game, watching the last two mins it seemed either team could have won it.
Anyway, great to get a win against Geelong IN Geelong. I usually barrack for the Cats when I watch them, just a good club/team for like the last....decade or so. Commiserations guys!

Geelong are a very ordinary side, they have no elite players coming through and are miles behind the Dockers in progress, i'm sorry my fellow Cats fans, the end has finally arrived. Geelong are only slightly better than the Eagles, North, Adelaide and Essendon...Maybe on a par with GWS (who will probably flog them next week) and Collingwood, i don't see them as any sort of match up against anyone else. It was good while it lasted, but it will be many years before Geelong makes the 8 again.

What a game, Freo deserved that with how their defence held on. Felt like Geelong dominated that quarter and ultimately them letting Kolo get isolated in a 1v3 for that walk in goal was the difference.

Structure of Freo cannot be faulted, they’re the 2nd best side in it right now. Disagree highly with comments that suggest Fyfe should play forward, he’s an upgrade on Brodie (who is a jet in his own right) and adds to the midfield rotation.

Pay attention to Fremantle, they’ll be thereabouts.

Somebody should let Lyon know that you can have an effective defence without the need to bore the sh!t out of the entire footy world.

Who'da thought.....

Back