Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 20 - Cats v Freo Sat July 29th 1:45pm EST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Geelong looked like absolute shite. The team with the biggest home ground advantage in the league looked like they'd never stepped foot on their own turf. Leaders like Cameron and Stewart looked like they'd rather be in the surf. No doubt some juicy land packages are heading Darcy Parish and Ben McKay's way this week.
Not sure we’d be that far into either of them. Not exactly what we need I’d think. Got a bit down there already and some should be ready to secure best 22. But true, we did look like absolute shite

No need for the rebuild. Mature age players love heading over there for half the price other teams are offering. They'll be top 4 next year.
The problem is they've got Dangerfield and Hawkins at the end which takes a massive chunk out of their top end talent. Their mid level talent is mediocre.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're as bad as West Coast next season.

I personally have no problem with it, should be used for every Geelong home game and final :thumbsu:

I mean, I genuinely believe this anyway but...it's still mildly amusing...

It is amusing. For some reason whenever one WA team comes all the way here they throw in the towel at the toss, and the other are quite happy to play here.

Thank you Fremantle, that has really dented Geelong's finals chances even more now
Leaves the door ajar for your team to make it….ooooh, my bad, i forgot for a moment how shite the hawks are these days. I think our rebuild is already happening. Looking forward to renewed Hawks v Cats rivalry to come when your team becomes relevant again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leaves the door ajar for your team to make it….ooooh, my bad, i forgot for a moment how shite the hawks are these days. I think our rebuild is already happening. Looking forward to renewed Hawks v Cats rivalry to come when your team becomes relevant again
I think the Hawks have more upside long term. Their top end talent isn't pushing beyond 30.

Barely tried all year and still so much better than your club. But sure, idiots. Maybe smart by the players actually, at least they’ll get a longer off-season after all these years of finals

Unfair Angus Young is one of the good one’s.

As for Geelong. GAGF.
Sick of losing to such a middle of the road club. Time and time again.

5247ca0a826d15722bc654662518f745.jpg

I think the Hawks have more upside long term. Their top end talent isn't pushing beyond 30.
Think I’d prefer to be in your position as a list than theirs though. Hawks have lots of potential, but potential doesn’t always play out. I’d like to think we have a lot of potential and those 30s have held out a few who may be more prepared as a result when they come in. Guess we’ll see. Well played to your team by the way today; shame the season hasn’t played out as I’ve kept tipping them throughout thinking it’d turn. enjoy

Last edited:
Geelong is a spent force in the AFL. One of the most heartless performances I can ever remember. Something is drastically wrong down there. They need to trade about six players who thought they played today. The Cats will be as bad as North Melbourne or West Coast by 2025.

Hahaha

Getting a bit precious about not being able to go back to back ;)

Geelong is a spent force in the AFL. One of the most heartless performances I can ever remember. Something is drastically wrong down there. They need to trade about six players who thought they played today. The Cats will be as bad as North Melbourne or West Coast by 2025.
North are going to be the bolters next year. Bookmark it!

I reckon they'll be around the 9-12 win range.

Freo pressure last qtr was amazing. Great tackling and performances by a couple of players especially, made it a great last 5 mins despite no scoring happening.

Geelong looked like absolute shite. The team with the biggest home ground advantage in the league looked like they'd never stepped foot on their own turf. Leaders like Cameron and Stewart looked like they'd rather be in the surf. No doubt some juicy land packages are heading Darcy Parish and Ben McKay's way this week.

They were trying to play in front of the ball, running off their player, expecting their team mate to win the ball. They run past for the handball.

Today they ran off their player, ..... before Geelong had secured the ball. Freo get ball and lob it to their player, whose opponent has run 40 metres forward in the opposite direction.

Accountability was lacking.

Geelong will be fine next year with Tom De Koning & Darcy Parish coming
And will probably get pick #5 from GC for taking Hollands contract

Cats will be fine ;)

Back