Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 20 - Cats v Freo Sat July 29th 1:45pm EST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 20 71.4%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle will cause a huge upset today and win by 28 points. This will be the biggest story of the weekend come Monday & Flagmantle will be trending on X by dinner.

Nah Geelong by a lot, pressure on Freo in the WA media this week with Brisbane next week, especially if WCE beat NM, is going to be something else after Geelong do what Geelong do in Geelong
Well...you were half right.

If i was a Freo fan I'd be looking at that game and thinking "WTF Freo"

Great game, well played, great to see Jackson doing well too

Well played Freo- too good today. Cats just about done for the year. Can’t complain as a Geelong supporter. Get ready for 2024.

Credit to Fremantle, better team and earned the win. The Jordan Clark curse continues.

The thing that gets me about these sort of losses (it reminds me of Gold Coast earlier in the year): you'd think the other team was the reigning premier. You know, just a dour struggle that is turned on the back of who makes more critical mistakes and who converts their chances better. But it's Freo with the cool heads, kicking the goals they should kick and punishing opposition mistakes. And it's our two best players who are among the biggest culprits: Jeremy Cameron setting the tone by butchering a couple of golden opportunities to give us a 3-4 goal lead to head into the quarter time break and continuing to kick us out of it for the remainder of the afternoon; and Tom Stewart turning two free kicks in crunch time of the fourth quarter into two smothers by Freo, not to mention hitting a Freo forward lace out from a kick in where he took an unnecessarily risky option and resulted in another goal.

We don't have to win the flag, but we have to find a way to pinch games like that if we're fair dinkum. Kudos to Longmuir for coming up with a great plan and to the Dockers for bringing the heat and executing to perfection.

Much as I enjoyed the game and the win, Geelong were a bit unlucky. If not for a mad two and a half minutes where we kicked 3 goals, Geelong losing two influential players and Cameron kicking like he was still cross-eyed it would have been a totally different story.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Much as I enjoyed the game and the win, Geelong were a bit unlucky. If not for a mad two and a half minutes where we kicked 3 goals, Geelong losing two influential players and Cameron kicking like he was still cross-eyed it would have been a totally different story.
All those things happened but Freo were entirely deserving. Good kicking is good football and your boys won the clutch moments at both ends of the ground.

Your not English are you? Sound like a pom talking about the Ashes

Your not English are you? Sound like a pom talking about the Ashes
As a long suffering rusted on Freo supporter I'll take a win anyway we can. Just taking the rose coloured glasses off occasionally.

As a long suffering rusted on Freo supporter I'll take a win anyway we can. Just taking the rose coloured glasses off occasionally.
I’m with you mate. Long suffering indeed. I really liked our effort and speed today though. I thought we won game fair and square, Geelong didn’t give it to us.

Like all that was set in stone? If the 3 goals weren't kicked it changes the future course of time the game and who knows what happens from there.🤓

1000035005.jpg

Last edited:
Geelong would of sealed finals yesterday. Absolute disaster.

Think we will be seeing a red hot Geelong next week. They are too professional to serve that up again.

Barely tried all year and still so much better than your club. But sure, idiots. Maybe smart by the players actually, at least they’ll get a longer off-season after all these years of finals

mate, you have taken that very personally, do you need a valium. If it was my team in same context I would be agreeing.

Cats complacent.
Drank their saucer of milk.
Stewart errors were critical and hard to believe.
Got caught out preening themselves.

Back