Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 18 - Blues v Port Sat July 15th 4:35pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.6%
  • Port by a goal or less

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 29.2%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough and my apologies for misreading.

Carlton played really well today and went on with the job after a number of persistent yet minor challenges. Very promising. Though, I'd say Port were far from their best.
That maybe true that Port were down ... but old footy truism that they were only allowed to play as well as the opposition let them, shone through today.

This game should be investigated. Port threw this match.
By the AFL paid for by the betting agencies. 😉.

Nah, seems to be a fair bit going on at Port behind the scenes that showed a lack lustre performance and resting star players in the final quarter.

Not sure mucking around with players and form is ever a good idea but we got margin between us and 3rd place thanks to Brisbane for their choke Friday night.

Don’t worry about Jack, overrated… only in because he’s a Silvagni… delist…
This was not a wise opinion by many.

It seemed to be held by oppo fans who don't watch our games.

Great win from Carlton nice run home could they play finals this year
Nice run home?
Just played Port (2nd - coming off 13 game win streak)
Eagles (should be easy)
Pies (1st)
Saints (6th)
Dees (4th)
Suns (12th - making late push for the 8 and could still be on a high with the interim coach)
GWS (9th - 5 in a row and just beat Crows in Adelaide)
The form we're in could/should match it with pretty much anyone (if that form is maintained), but there's only 1 easy game in that.
Probably need 4 wins from the last 6.

By the AFL paid for by the betting agencies. 😉.

Nah, seems to be a fair bit going on at Port behind the scenes that showed a lack lustre performance and resting star players in the final quarter.

Not sure mucking around with players and form is ever a good idea but we got margin between us and 3rd place thanks to Brisbane for their choke Friday night.
Port just convinced me they won't win the flag in 2023....The side with no pride proved it against the Blues

Dixon, McKenzie, JHF, Rioli and Burton are all best 22.
For those playing at Home
Harry (in game), Owies (pre game), Kennedy and if you want to pick players omitted from defence.. Young.

I have read so many excuses from a team that was supposed to be the best in the league.

Collingwood have had significantly more injuries to bigger players and none of their fans are using it as an excuse.

It's pretty clear Pies are in their own league.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port just convinced me they won't win the flag in 2023....The side with no pride proved it against the Blues
Lol, 13 in a row isnt convincing but 1 loss on the road having rested players and weve convinced you were no good.
Something tells me youve been sweating on us losing to sleep better.

Lol, 13 in a row isnt convincing but 1 loss on the road having rested players and weve convinced you were no good.
Something tells me youve been sweating on us losing to sleep better.
Nothing the Port nobodies do interferes with my sleep, it's a shame they don't take every game seriously, but they don't take themselves all that seriously in the first place. Maybe it's my distaste for Carlton that got me riled? In any case, Port won't win the flag this year.

Nice run home?
Just played Port (2nd - coming off 13 game win streak)
Eagles (should be easy)
Pies (1st)
Saints (6th)
Dees (4th)
Suns (12th - making late push for the 8 and could still be on a high with the interim coach)
GWS (9th - 5 in a row and just beat Crows in Adelaide)
The form we're in could/should match it with pretty much anyone (if that form is maintained), but there's only 1 easy game in that.
Probably need 4 wins from the last 6.
5 game are in Melbourne Collingwood are the hardest of the teams you have to beat on the way home and with the way the Blues are playing should win most of those including Melbourne

Nothing the Port nobodies do interferes with my sleep, it's a shame they don't take every game seriously, but they don't take themselves all that seriously in the first place. Maybe it's my distaste for Carlton that got me riled? In any case, Port won't win the flag this year.
Neither will 16 other clubs, yours included.

5 game are in Melbourne Collingwood are the hardest of the teams you have to beat on the way home and with the way the Blues are playing should win most of those including Melbourne
They're in Melbourne because most of them are against fellow Melbourne sides. That doesn't make them any more winnable.
West Coast is the only sure thing (I hate saying that and tempting karma).
Pies is almost a guaranteed loss, but I'll be happy if we can make it a close one and give them a scare.
The rest are all 50/50 at best. Saints and Dees both go from almost unbeatable to very beatable. Suns up there won't be easy. They have Touk back now and might have a bit of the new coach effect with nothing to lose, and Giants are also one of the form teams with 5 on the trot.

If you say 1 win and 1 loss, and split the other 4, it's probably not enough to get in.

Back