Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 18 - Suns v Saints Sat July 15th 2:10pm AEST (Heritage)

Who will win and by how much?

• Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Starting to warm to my side here.

Earlier in the week i was thinking regulation win to the suns but then going over their home record i am surprised to see they are quite ordinary.

They should have a large advantage against opposition in the humid conditions but they can't capitalise.

I think both teams are similar as both need to bring the effort not having the stars and both teams are ball butchers.

Saints here are no worse then 50/50.

Starting to warm to my side here.

Earlier in the week i was thinking regulation win to the suns but then going over their home record i am surprised to see they are quite ordinary.

They should have a large advantage against opposition in the humid conditions but they can't capitalise.

I think both teams are similar as both need to bring the effort not having the stars and both teams are ball butchers.

Saints here are no worse then 50/50.
No humidity, no rain. Perfect conditions this Sat 2pm, 24 degrees, partly cloudy.

No excuses for Saints :) Did not you beat Suns like 8 games in a row? The 2nd half of the game round 4 was painful to watch.

Last edited:

only early season games are humid. from may to august, doesnt really exist. its not darwin or cairns.

the advantage could be if day games are scheduled (and its warmer than usual) but we mostly get twilight or night (but in saying that, this week is a 210pm start, and forecast to be about 20 degrees at start and 16 by the end).

Suns by 23
Super surprised that Xtreme has chosen Saints opposition. Is it really necessary to post every gameday thread the same thing? Must have a sad life to take a pot shot at the Saints each week with your trash predictions.

Super surprised that Xtreme has chosen Saints opposition. Is it really necessary to post every gameday thread the same thing? Must have a sad life to take a pot shot at the Saints each week with your trash predictions.

I prefer the Suns in this instance, a pure romantic story that the Suns get the win to stick it up the Suns board/ceo for dumping Dew!

I prefer the Suns in this instance, a pure romantic story that the Suns get the win to stick it up the Suns board/ceo for dumping Dew!
Wouldn't that vindicate the board's choice to get rid of Dew if they win without him? And what about the last 16 times the Saints have played?

What the hell are you talking about, is this some sort of inside joke? A quick search of Xtreme ‘s posts on this board with “Saints” in them shows that just since R7 he/she tipped us to beat Port, GWS (in Sydney), Hawthorn, Sydney (in Sydney) and Brisbane, and presumably would have expected us to beat North and West Coast as well.

Tipping the Suns by 23 is hardly a trash prediction.

Maybe you're thinking of the Saints fan who tips us to win by 150+ points every week?

Tipping the Suns by 23 is hardly a trash prediction.

Maybe you're thinking of the Saints fan who tips us to win by 150+ points every week?
No, I'm definitely thinking of someone else. I did apologise.

Edit: And yes, we aren't beating anyone by 150 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Odds are shortened even more for the Suns. Down to $1.56 now.

Reckon we might do a job on the vulnerable Saints tomorrow. Our boys should be keen to impress under the new regime and Steven King has the advantage of having been coached by Ross while at St Kilda so he probably knows a few of his tricks.

Odds are shortened even more for the Suns. Down to $1.56 now.

Reckon we might do a job on the vulnerable Saints tomorrow. Our boys should be keen to impress under the new regime and Steven King has the advantage of having been coached by Ross while at St Kilda so he probably knows a few of his tricks.
Uh, one would hope Ross has a few different “tricks” from 14 years ago….

Nah mate. Steven King's intimate knowledge of the Ross Lyon game plan will ultimately be the difference. He was withholding this knowledge when we played earlier in the year, but now he's ready to unleash it and show no mercy.

Put two men back.

Reckon GC are a big show today, players will have felt the heat of the sacking and they are a - when they want to be - a decent side.

Saints are almost out of gas IMO.

Put two men back.

Reckon GC are a big show today, players will have felt the heat of the sacking and they are a - when they want to be - a decent side.

Gold Coast are clear favourites to win the game. I doubt that's based on King's ability to pick apart Lyon's gameplan though.

Not having Higgins is a pretty big blow for you guys. He's absolutely killed us in the past.
Definitely.Not to mention King.
Our forward line is very inexperienced with Caminiti, Owens, and Peris.
Looking forward to see how our debutant fares though.

Put two men back.

More like out of players.
Our second half against the Dees last week, under duress of losing 3 players in the first q, looked much more like our earlier games though.

At some stage the injuries have to bite though, so not hopeful.

Back