Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 6 - Cats v Swans Sat April 22nd 7:25pm AEST (GMHBA)

Who will win and by how much?

• Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Crazy isn't it. They've done nothing but vehemently defended Duncan since the incident.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Did absolutely nothing wrong. Fox goes well past the ball and slides directly at Duncan.

Can't believe the amount of absolute muppets calling Duncan a thug for doing nothing but bracing for contact.

Are these campaigners really defending a player who just bumped and hit a player in the head. Every single one of this commentary team should be sacked immediately.
Tell me you know nothing about football without telling me.

As opposed to the gaggle of people in this thread queuing up for yours
Mate I actually haven’t given my view of the incident. As my comment was more about the AFL sycophant Whately than the actual adjudication itself.

Which has still taken you multiple posts to realise.

Geelong v north 2019. Kicked one goal the entire match in the second quarter.

That was my first and to date only KP experience.

I felt so sorry for the north fans who attended - it was wet, windy, freezing, they kicked 1 goal for the game, and it was as far away from the cheer squad as possible in the afl (the other end of the longest ground in the league)

Some halfwit cats fan was mouthing off at a teenage Roos fan outside the ground after the game and I nearly got in a blue with him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Come on champ you’ve won 1 more flag in that period of time. It was a ridiculous comment saying that beating people at the pointy end is business as usual because it’s not. It’s not business as usual for anyone.

Perhaps Hawthorn had a claim to it but certainly not Geelong. Never could manage that back to back let along a three peat.

19 years
4 premierships
6 grand finals
17 finals campaigns
14 top 4 finishes
13 preliminary finals

and still going.

Bye

Several Hawks supporters with the voice of reason here, kudos.

I enjoy Geelong failing as much as anyone, and the AFL absolutely need to do more to protect players, but in this case Duncan did nothing wrong.

The Swans player caused the impact after overrunning the ball and losing balance and slipping in to Duncan.

Also, Rohan deserved 2 weeks and Day deserved one, based on the way dangerous tackles are being treated by the MRO.

If that was Franklin the commentators would be talking totally different about that. Duncan took his eyes off the footy, ran past it and collected the Swans player in the head with a braced arm. That's weeks. in the contest did Duncan run past the ball?
When in the contest did Duncan run past the ball?

He looked like he was just starting to bend down to try and pick up the ball when Fox runs past the ball slips into his path where Duncan braces at the last moment for contact.

Duncan’s eyes are on the ball until a step or so before contact When Fox comes into his eye line.

Surely you don’t need me to explain why Tom Boyd being traded to the dogs is different to free agents joining a team that was consistently playing late in September.
Tom Boyd being traded to the Western Bulldogs is different to [checks players named in first post] Patrick Dangerfield and Jeremy Cameron being traded to Geelong.

Back