Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2022 - Tsatas, Hayes, Davey x2, Munkara & Montgomerie

Who should we take with Pick 4? (Pick 2)

• Tsatas

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • Humphrey

Votes: 33 15.3%
  • Phillipou

Votes: 109 50.7%
  • Clark

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 17 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick links: Player Contract Status | Trade & Free Agency 2022 | JHA Father/Son and NGA | Adrian Dodoro

0093895D-8D9D-4EFD-93DB-32FA70C2A596.jpeg

Last edited:
How many times have you really watched munkara play?
i have watched him play 7 times and only once live
he looks a fair way off a first rounder for mine- exciting skill set though
I have questions on his work rate and endurance based on the games I have seen. A few good ones but even in them his second efforts are pretty poor at this stage. Speed and skills good. Defensive pressure sometimes. I am with you. Looks more like third round than first round right now.

I have questions on his work rate and endurance based on the games I have seen. A few good ones but even in them his second efforts are pretty poor at this stage. Speed and skills good. Defensive pressure sometimes. I am with you. Looks more like third round than first round right now.
Yeah
i watched him live in Frankston and he did look terrific ball in hand but when collingwood had the ball he was a liability
i wouldn’t be shocked if he slipped past 40 but he has the talent where he probably only needs a couple of great games
A point which will not be popular on this board but must be asked is do we have a strong enough indigenous support program at our club?
both Irving and tippa have left our club before their time
like many things we were leaders in this field but I fear we have been overtaken by clubs like the tigers
the nova Perris story didn’t do us much good

I'm still on Sheezel. We lack that player that in a single moment can impact the scoreboard or setup a play that will.
Momentum killers for opposition sides.

Perkins is building into a Fyfe/Cripps type (Note type, not quality....yet ;) ) player. Strong in the tackle, bursts through packs, ok-ish forward craft (rushed it a bit on Friday).
He and Hobbs with another 30-40 games look to be core to progressing the midfield.
If Alwyn is half as good as his uncle, we have an excellent user inbound to compliment.
And there's still Shiel, Merrett and Parish.

1st pick - Sheezel
Trade 2nd & F2 up as high as possible & ahead of Alwyn - best available mid or KPF.
Perkins is nothing like fyfe/ cripps imo
Totally different type of player

Yeah
i watched him live in Frankston and he did look terrific ball in hand but when collingwood had the ball he was a liability
i wouldn’t be shocked if he slipped past 40 but he has the talent where he probably only needs a couple of great games
A point which will not be popular on this board but must be asked is do we have a strong enough indigenous support program at our club?
both Irving and tippa have left our club before their time
like many things we were leaders in this field but I fear we have been overtaken by clubs like the tigers
the nova Perris story didn’t do us much good
You would have to wonder just how good it is but I also wonder if it is a reflection of us not picking as many indigenous players as we did previously. We did get an ultimatum from the AFL to put more work into the Tiwi zone or lose it to the GC.

Perkins is nothing like fyfe/ cripps imo
Totally different type of player
Agree. Fyfe plays a Hird style of footy while Cripps is brute force.
Perkins has a bit of X factor but is not brute force despite being strong . He is more of a link player as a midfielder with an ability to evade at the stoppage or in open play.

Good wraps on Aaron Cadman in the latest Road to the draft Episode, might be leading the KPF at the minute

You would have to wonder just how good it is but I also wonder if it is a reflection of us not picking as many indigenous players as we did previously. We did get an ultimatum from the AFL to put more work into the Tiwi zone or lose it to the GC.
A mate of mine applied for the Tiwi job with the bombers got down to final 2 and was beaten by a less qualified person who resides in Darwin. Cheaper to employ local- before soft cap stuff too.We have done little with tiwi islands really.
like a lot of things our leaders like Campbell and brasher rely on our footy clubs past glories I dont reckon they are innovative or have real hunger for success In my opinion.
no rat cunning or hatred of losing for mine.

What are the knocks on Scully?

I’m not really a draft watcher, aside from watching some of the Champs games. Scully is getting left out of the SA champs side though in favour of Keeler and Lemmey.

I read somewhere, that Scully has developed dominance through lower levels by sheer size advantage against smaller opponents. Has found the step up against taller and bigger bodied defenders a struggle. I will defer to others for a better answer than I could offer.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dream scenario;

3. Sheezel
21. Scully
matched bid on Davey
39. midfielder
matched bid on Munkara

let me dream.
You can but dreaming about the draft always leads to dissatisfaction 😛

You can but dreaming about the draft always leads to dissatisfaction 😛

to be fair, the NGA kids seem to go a little bit later than most expect (or very early compared to when they were spoken about at start of years), father - sons are the tough ones to predict. Davey is right in the middle of going after our second pick or before..

Anyone got a rating on mckenzie? First ive noticed him but he does lots of 1% stuff
McKenzie is rising which is very unlucky for the saints
i am thinking 15 to 25 is about right
todays game and our results probably created more questions than answers
ashcrofts decision re father son will be impactful for the bombers
though wardlaw and tsatsas were not playing my general feel was the talent was very thin today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back