Recruiting AFL Draft Watch 2022 - Tsatas, Hayes, Davey x2, Munkara & Montgomerie

Who should we take with Pick 4? (Pick 2)

• Tsatas

Votes: 60 27.9%
  • Humphrey

Votes: 33 15.3%
  • Phillipou

Votes: 109 50.7%
  • Clark

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Other

Votes: 17 7.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick links: Player Contract Status | Trade & Free Agency 2022 | JHA Father/Son and NGA | Adrian Dodoro

0093895D-8D9D-4EFD-93DB-32FA70C2A596.jpeg

Last edited:
Obviously we don't wish ill will on anyone, but if a mid-season pick spot opens up, a benefit of being 3rd last is we may get a crack at Jai Culley in the mid season draft.

A 193cm midfielder who kicked 4 first half goals in the Colgate Young guns game. If we have pick 3 in the MSD then surely it is a no-brainer if he slips through.
I doubt he slips through unfortunately.

Jai Culley has a shoulder injury not playing in todays young gun game

Should we look at splitting the pick? Or trading our second rounder up into a late first?

Key Forward/Mid should be what we are looking at.

Should we look at splitting the pick? Or trading our second rounder up into a late first?

Key Forward/Mid should be what we are looking at.
I'd be looking at what we can get for Shiel/Parish and possibly combining that with our 2nd (should be 21 at this rate) to trade up, get as many early picks as possible. We've lacked serious top end talent for a while and taking Reid/Perk/Cox, Hobbs and a couple more would set up the foundation of our future best 22.

Taking Scully & Hewett within 10, Davey x2 and Brayshaw in FA would be my ideal scenario.

I'd be looking at what we can get for Shiel/Parish and possibly combining that with our 2nd (should be 21 at this rate) to trade up, get as many early picks as possible. We've lacked serious top end talent for a while and taking Reid/Perk/Cox, Hobbs and a couple more would set up the foundation of our future best 22.

Taking Scully & Hewett within 10, Davey x2 and Brayshaw in FA would be my ideal scenario.

I like the sound of it but I doubt we get a top 10 pick for Parish. He’s a free agent next year which should net us a top 5 pick if he walks.

If we can get a second for Langford and a decent pick for Shiel I hope we try move up to get a mid.

Through the trade Period we should look at Jack Payne, Ely Smith, Ian Hill , Xavier O’Hallaran and Bailey Laurie.

If we take a mid season draft pick D'Ambrossio is the way to go for us. Been great in both games young gun games. Half back user with overlap ran and a contested edge. Culley likely to be gone.
Carmichael is killing the WAFL vs SANFL game apparently. Would have a serious look at him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im still on the key forward bandwagon with our first..

Big midfielders can be found anywhere, along with small forwards.
I’d be taking sheezel if he’s there at our pick, exactly the type of player we need in our forward line. In recent years elite small forwards are found early in the draft. Bailey, butters (been moved in the midfield), Pickett, weightman, rachele, rankine, henry(hasn’t popped yet)

Last edited:
I’d be taking sheezel if he’s there at our pick, exactly the type of player we need in our forward line. In recent years elite small forwards are found early in the draft. Bailey, butters (been moved in the midfield), Pickett, weightman, rachele, rankine, henry(hasn’t popped yet)
also Sheezel rhymes with Cheezel. so can only bring us luck.

Carmichael MSD
Tsatas and Szybkowski first round
Davey x2 after that

Hell, I'd be open to trading into the second round and taking Munkara if he's still there.

Carmichael MSD
Tsatas and Szybkowski first round
Davey x2 after that

Hell, I'd be open to trading into the second round and taking Munkara if he's still there.
Love the Carmichael and Munkara shouts.

How are we getting another 1st?

Love the Carmichael and Munkara shouts.

How are we getting another 1st?
I don't know, but probably 21 and a player (as I doubt Davey lasts past there)

Unless we finish below north and west coast unfortunately we won’t be getting our hands on tsatas
If we can't get Tsatas, I would see if we can trade back with one of the SA teams or another team that wants a crack at Scully/Lemmey at 3.

For example if we can get 5 and 23 from Adelaide for 3 and a F3, we can still get one of Wardlaw/Lemmey/Scully and get an additional pick.

Maybe we even pair 21 and 23 for example for a pick in the 11-15 range and a late 3rd to hopefully get 2 picks ahead of a Davey bid.

Last edited:
If we can't get Tsatas, I would see if we can trade back with one of the SA teams or another team that wants a crack at Scully/Lemmey at 3.

For example if we can get 5 and 23 from Adelaide for 3 and a F3, we can still get one of Wardlaw/Lemmey/Scully and get an additional pick.

Maybe we even pair 21 and 23 for example for a pick in the 11-15 range and a late 3rd.

Fortunately Melbourne / Mahoney has a reasonable track record for doing this sort of thing well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back