AFL Dream Team 2007

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thoughts on my team -

Backs:Bowden, Shaw, Gilbee, Adcock, Kosi, Birchall, Waters (Boyle,Ellis)

Mids:Bruce, West, Lappin, Power, Hadley, Priddis (Armitage, Muston)

Rucks:Cox, Hudson, (Griffin, Renouf)

Forwards:Johnson, Chapman, Cornes, Riewoldt, Franklin, Fev, Pavlich(Westhoff,Campbell)

7 trades and 160k left over. Any thoughts?

Yes, but Bartel is ripping it. I'm still in a dilemma tho, but I have a whole week to think about it.

I know he is obviously good but saving 100-150 thousand would definitely be better since Stanton/West/whoever only average about 20 less (still over or around 100)
You could use that money to upgrade definitely one, maybe two other players down the track.

martin clarke is making his debut, 2 weeks time bye bye king hello clarke

You're gonna make a fair bit of moula from that trade. I'm jealous!!! I want to get Shaw at his cheapest so next week I will probably do Hadley for Clarke/Boak (whether I need the extra cash) and then Smith for Shaw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're gonna make a fair bit of moula from that trade. I'm jealous!!! I want to get Shaw at his cheapest so next week I will probably do Hadley for Clarke/Boak (whether I need the extra cash) and then Smith for Shaw.

isnt that a loss of two good bench players?

this is my first year doin dream team so dont critisize me that much ok

ive got 4 trades left (went crazy upgrading), and i have

B: cornes, mcphee, shaw, gilbee, milburn, adcock, smith
C: judd, bruce, west, corey, kerr, van berlo
R: sandilands, hudson
F: johnson, pavlicb, ablett jnr, chapman, lucas, hall, davey

will possibly do

davey- n.borwn
smith- carazzo

THAT IS DEFINITELY THE BEST TEAM I HAVE SEEN.
I would upgrade Kosi then with left over trade Salopek for Stanton or Lewis or a cheap mid, out of form or injured.
That way, you will have ABSOLUTELY no holes and have a bloody good chance of winning!

Are you serious? I've seen much better, it's just the quality on here ain't so flash..

No, that was us.
We finished 3rd last year.
O, the good ol days. :thumbsu:

By the way, there is a big difference between going for the overall win and going for the league win.
Sure, you will use trades during the year to try and win your league games and secure a Top 4 position but you do not trade "GUNS" if they have minor injuries and you play with 21 players during the year because you know that come finals time, these "GUNS" willl be back and you will have saved a handful of handy trades.

Sorry champ, my mistake. We must've been fourth then... I think we were around top 3 for most of the year if my memory serves me correctly. VERY competitive. Something like 4 in the top 100 at the moment. What league are you? Good to see someone on here who knows there stuff

this is my first year doin dream team so dont critisize me that much ok

ive got 4 trades left (went crazy upgrading), and i have

B: cornes, mcphee, shaw, gilbee, milburn, adcock, smith
C: judd, bruce, west, corey, kerr, van berlo
R: sandilands, hudson
F: johnson, pavlicb, ablett jnr, chapman, lucas, hall, davey

will possibly do

davey- n.borwn
smith- carazzo

Save your trades mate.....we're only halfway through....injuries happen!!! Do the trades....all in good time though....

My All-Australian team at the half-way mark:
FB: C.Brown D.Glass D.Fletcher
HB: H.Shaw C.Cornes A.McLeod
C: S.Black S.West S.Mitchell
HF: L.Franklin M.Pavlich L.Hodge
FF: G.Ablett S.Lucas B.Harvey
RUCK: A.Sandilands J.Bartel C.Judd
INTERCHANGE: B.Lade D.Milburn J.Hird B.Sewell

There are no representatives from Carlton, Melbourne, Richmond, St.Kilda and Sydney.

There are no representatives from Carlton, Melbourne, Richmond, St.Kilda and Sydney.

lucky to be there

hird
mcleod
black
hodge
lade
mitchell
milburn
lucas
brown
shaw

Milburn? I agree with most, but Milburn? He surely hasn't had enough of an impact.

He has been solid without being exceptional.
That is the reason why i have only listed him on my bench.

He plays the loose-man role which is a lot harder than you think.
He needs to drop back in the hole, provide run from defence and be the third man up in every contest.
He does all those things mentioned above perfectly.
That makes him a very handy asset to a side.
He is also versatile as he can play on bigs and smalls and he can play in the backline or in the forwardline.
These are the reasons why he made a spot in my team.
Satisfied?

franklin at HF ??
fletcher at back pocket ??
who's gonna do the tagging role ??

and sandilands would die from severe headache... on every single stoppages, there'll be at least 4 guys running around him asking for the footy... lol

I made the bet at the start of the year because at that stage, i was aiming for a high overall finish.
However, i have now changed my plans and figured that if i aim for this high finish i may closen the gap with Hodgey and finish pretty highly but my chances of winning my legaue will be basically shot because i would be leaving myself in a very vulnerable situation come finals time.
The cash i win for winning my league is more than ten times more than the cash i win for beating Hodgey.
You changed your mind cos you knew you were totally ****ed. What a weak excuse. Who do you think you're fooling?

where's Scott Thompson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back