AFL Dreamteam: Are you a supporter of Monday Night Football?

Remove this Banner Ad

wchiri

Debutant
Jun 1, 2007
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
What do you all think of the Monday football in terms of dreamteam?

The monday night teams don't come out till Saturday 4/5pm which potentially could stuff people up.

People in Perth won't be able to watch the footy on the monday due to work (no public holiday for us).

On the plus side it could add to the excitement of eliminator as it has done with me...Down by a few points with Lockyer vs Davis deciding it all!

Not for us Lakey.

We get no Saturday day game as a trade off.

I hate it.

Thursday games are worse. You only get 1 game named a day in advance and in the 1 hr between the other games being named and lockout the server is dead.

Exactly what i meant - im for monday nights/days if we get the monday game, whilst not losing another one (ie saturday). More the better.

What they give for free to air is 4 games.

I think the deal with cable might prevent them from playing 5.

So we get

Fri
Satx2
Sun

With the monday game we get

Fri
Sat
Sun
Mon

Of those games most seem to be cats/hawks/collingwood

All for it if it means an extra game on TV.

Unfortunately it doesnt. The crappy free-to-air channels didnt play the last monday night game live, and they didnt play a game on free-to-air on saturday.

If they play it live, then Im all for it, but I hate it when they televise games delayed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not only cause it ****s my dreamteam up but because Channel Seven are a bunch of ****wits and decide not to show the game until 8.30pm and the second qtr only starts at 9.30pm. Any danger.

Anyway this is not Monday night footy its the traditional Monday game they have every year so we have to put up with it every year and I personally have gotten used to it. However if they do it every week it will be another story.

It would be alright if we had a public holiday, but we already dont get enought live games as it is.

wchiri @ I think that could go either way mate good luck.

Unfortunately it doesnt. The crappy free-to-air channels didnt play the last monday night game live, and they didnt play a game on free-to-air on saturday.

If they play it live, then Im all for it, but I hate it when they televise games delayed.
What i mean is (attempting for third time now), is that the AFL make a new deal with fox/channel 10/channel 7 that means we DO get an extra game if monday games become regular thing.

I know we dont NOW, but im saying i would support it if we DID.

It would be alright if we had a public holiday, but we already dont get enought live games as it is.

wchiri @ I think that could go either way mate good luck.

Thanks Kenzie,

The one positive is that WA has got this game live at midday :)

Looking forward to it. Big screen for the game + laptop for fanfooty = ideal.

Lockyer to score 130...Davis to get 70 = ideal.

LETS GOOOO!

Can I get a hell no?

1) Stuffs up DT. obv. (although as someone said Thursday games are a NIGHTMARE)

2) It seems like it would affect the players who play of 6 day rests.

3) It's not on the weekend, so the majority don't get to see it ( I am from Perth )

these are all pretty subjective reasons, but I dislike the monday games all the same.

What i mean is (attempting for third time now), is that the AFL make a new deal with fox/channel 10/channel 7 that means we DO get an extra game if monday games become regular thing.

I know we dont NOW, but im saying i would support it if we DID.

We have a winner :thumbsu:

If it's not going to be extra we don't want it. Would prefer lockout to finish Sundays and not have to wait longer past the Monday day game than we do past the Sunday twilight game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back