Review AFL Evolution 2 - Who's getting it or got it?

Remove this Banner Ad

New footy game has been released across all the gaming platforms. Who's got it or getting it? Getting my copy today (hopefully). If there's no real stuff on, may as well have a crack at the make believe stuff. Keen to hear peoples reviews etc.

New footy game has been released across all the gaming platforms. Who's got it or getting it? Getting my copy today (hopefully). If there's no real stuff on, may as well have a crack at the make believe stuff. Keen to hear peoples reviews etc.
It looks seriously rubbish, they are a long way away from making a good afl game

New footy game has been released across all the gaming platforms.

no PC version *en peasants (yet at least)

to be fair to the developers though the first game had an all-time peak of 71 players on Steam and averages about 5 players a day...

It kinda sucks AFL is not a world sport. would love an AFL Manager came on the scale/quality of the Football Manager games. there's an Aussie rules manager game on Steam but it's...pretty low quality..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

still playing Castlevania on nes

images

I'm keen to get it, just gotta wait for some extra $$ to come in.

i do want to say though that people s**t canning the graphics have to temper their expectations.

so many people are comparing / expecting a FIFA 20 / NBA 2K20 looking game which was never ever going to happen.

To put the budget of these companies into perspective, the entire budget WW / Tru Blue have to work with for these entire games is roughly equal to what EA spend on just the FIFA Menu screens, probably even less.

For some extra perspective NBA and FIFA only have to be able to handle visually and game play wise (engine) a maximum of 22 ( FIFA) and 10 (NBA) players on the field / court at any 1 time. AFL games have to cater for 36 players on the ground at any one time, so trying to manage that on a sweet FA budget is a tricky task.

Gamers need to just relax and accept it and understand what it is and the limitations surrounding it.

As long as we see incremental improvement on game play in particular i think that is a great step forward, and based on the videos i have seen so far, it looks like they have done that (will reserve final judgment after i play the game)

the first one by big ant had better gameplay

those campaigners make the nrl game now and the graphics/gameplay s**t on wicket witch

wicked witch is a simulation . press a button here and there

The gameplay always stinks. It’s an awkward sport with a gigantic field and players that just move randomly all over the place. Almost impossible to recreate in a game. Old school AFL with the full forward one out and players in position bit easier.

i do want to say though that people s**t canning the graphics have to temper their expectations.

so many people are comparing / expecting a FIFA 20 / NBA 2K20 looking game which was never ever going to happen.

To put the budget of these companies into perspective, the entire budget WW / Tru Blue have to work with for these entire games is roughly equal to what EA spend on just the FIFA Menu screens, probably even less.

For some extra perspective NBA and FIFA only have to be able to handle visually and game play wise (engine) a maximum of 22 ( FIFA) and 10 (NBA) players on the field / court at any 1 time. AFL games have to cater for 36 players on the ground at any one time, so trying to manage that on a sweet FA budget is a tricky task.

Gamers need to just relax and accept it and understand what it is and the limitations surrounding it.

As long as we see incremental improvement on game play in particular i think that is a great step forward, and based on the videos i have seen so far, it looks like they have done that (will reserve final judgment after i play the game)

100% as long as the core gameplay loop is decent it’s better than nothing
The only way afl games will get better is if people actually invest and buy the game to show there is a market For it

it will never be a Tripple A Gaming franchise but that dosent mean it can’t be a good fun game
Just need to understand it’s limitations

it’s heaps smoother than the last effort. Is an improvement.

There’s no footy season, WTF else are we meant to do? I am gonna binge on this mofo over easter. My son deadset bashed me over 4 games last night. Even his female Adelaide team beat my Fremantle Bulldogs by 10 goals. I couldn’t tackle or outmark the prick. He even took it easy on me in the last two :(

There’s no footy season, WTF else are we meant to do? I am gonna binge on this mofo over easter. My son deadset bashed me over 4 games last night. Even his female Adelaide team beat my Fremantle Bulldogs by 10 goals. I couldn’t tackle or outmark the prick. He even took it easy on me in the last two :(

So it is really that life-like then? :think:

So it is really that life-like then? :think:

Understand this. It was a ******* smashing in two of the games. He teased me as well :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back