Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

They should take their time even if its beyond 2023. New hardware and UR engine is still new to them. Make some real good changes and polish. Furthermore, don't annouce it early and delay\rush to patch. Do it all when it's ready.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Chances are we will get a $20 2021 List Update in April/May if we’re lucky. Just depends what impact COVID has had on them. I don’t see them making a brand new game until 2022 at least

Surely no one would buy it? Surely they can be good blokes and just update the current game.

All they have to do is make 40 odd draftees and do the trades

dylan7

Senior List
Jun 7, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon
With it looking like there isn’t going to be a 2021 patch. Has anyone created last years draft and updated the roster/attributes? Like to do a season with the updated teams. Cheers

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
No patch with the 2021 teams? Even if it's late, costs $ and all the rookies look the same I'll be surprised if they don't bring one out.

They've taken a step forward at least with this one surely they won't stuff up the momentum that bad now.

Aug 24, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
With it looking like there isn’t going to be a 2021 patch. Has anyone created last years draft and updated the roster/attributes? Like to do a season with the updated teams. Cheers
I've been slowly putting together an updated 2021 roster for a different AFL game (Australian Football Coach) but it's obviously a lot of work. I did want to do something similar for AFL Evo but the lack of being able to share an entire roster update with others kind of put a hold on that.
On a side note, if anyone is interested in that game and helping put together a new roster, let me know :thumbsu:

GOTHELIONS16

Club Legend
Nov 2, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I've been slowly putting together an updated 2021 roster for a different AFL game (Australian Football Coach) but it's obviously a lot of work. I did want to do something similar for AFL Evo but the lack of being able to share an entire roster update with others kind of put a hold on that.
On a side note, if anyone is interested in that game and helping put together a new roster, let me know :thumbsu:
I’ve completed the full 2021 afl rosters over the last couple of months, with updated ratings. To give indication of accuracy, Tigers have the best team rating of 86, Adelaide Crows are at 80. Can post screenshots or share or something. Don’t know how to share it through the game though.

Aug 24, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
I’ve completed the full 2021 afl rosters over the last couple of months, with updated ratings. To give indication of accuracy, Tigers have the best team rating of 86, Adelaide Crows are at 80. Can post screenshots or share or something. Don’t know how to share it through the game though.
For Evo? You can't which is why I stopped doing it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I asked the devs if they could make this a feature (importing full rosters like Madden etc) but no dice, sucks when you put a ton of effort into it!
Are you on PC?

brobest

Rookie
Mar 4, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Think i posted this in the wrong thread, so ill pop it in here... apologies.

Hi all, i hope this is fine to post in here, if not feel free to move.

Im a UK fan thinking of getting AFL Evolution 2 but im holding off mainly due to the high price.. over here its 40 quid, higher than most newly released titles.

Anyway id like to ask a few questions to try find out a bit more and if its a game worth the money.

1, is there a 3rd version of the game due this year? If so i might as well hold off.

2, How accessible is the game for a casual fan?

3, Coach career mode is what im most interested in, how deep is that? Do the AI compete to make strong teams? Do they develop and can teams improve or is it all just really my team and the AI just co exists?

4, How realistic are the stats in game and in simmed AI games?

5, How fun is the gameplay? Do you get the sense of you are actually making a difference?

6, What has and can be modded in the game? Ill be playing on PC so would love mods.

7, is there a good replay system, ie manual or is it all contolled by in game events? Also is there a highlight reel at the end of the game?

8, is this the main forum for mods and AFL Evo chat?

Im sure there is more id love to know, but would appreciate any help on offer to sway me into getting the game.

Cheers

1, is there a 3rd version of the game due this year? If so i might as well hold off. 95% no. there may be a 2021 season update though for either free or a few bucks

2, How accessible is the game for a casual fan? Pretty accessible. They do explain the controls pretty well and have some training modes

3, Coach career mode is what im most interested in, how deep is that? Do the AI compete to make strong teams? Do they develop and can teams improve or is it all just really my team and the AI just co exists? The AI teams will vary but it's probably not the smartest AI around. I never played more than one season though

4, How realistic are the stats in game and in simmed AI games? Since you are trying to condense 20 minute (plus time on) quarters into ~ 5 mins, the stats will always be pretty off. So it's really hard to say

5, How fun is the gameplay? Do you get the sense of you are actually making a difference? It's probably the best AFL gameplay. I think that AFL Live 1 by Big Ant back on the PS3/360 overall had better balance, but this game can have some nice moments. You definitely do "make a difference" but the AI is not as smart as you'd like. You end up with a lot of contested football, whereas real life is often fairly free flowing.

6, What has and can be modded in the game? Ill be playing on PC so would love mods. Check out the AFL Games sub-forum here if there is anything. I have never played it on PC, but there are sometimes a few smart and keen modders, but it's far from a big community. There is a Fan Hub built into the game that allows you to upload custom creations there.

7, is there a good replay system, ie manual or is it all contolled by in game events? Also is there a highlight reel at the end of the game? There are auto replays for goals and perhaps speccies. I think there are manual replays... No highlights real

8, is this the main forum for mods and AFL Evo chat? Yeah this chat I'd say.

Answers above^^^

It's a decent game. If you have some mates to play with that'd make it 100% better. Unfortunately I also live outside Aus (but not the UK sorry) so it'd be impossible for me to find someone to play online with.

brobest

Rookie
Mar 4, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Answers above^^^

It's a decent game. If you have some mates to play with that'd make it 100% better. Unfortunately I also live outside Aus (but not the UK sorry) so it'd be impossible for me to find someone to play online with.

Thanks for replying.

With regards to stats in career mide, im thinking more how the sim engine works?

Do cpu games generate realistic numbers for the stats, or are they out of whack?

Thanks for replying.

With regards to stats in career mide, im thinking more how the sim engine works?

Do cpu games generate realistic numbers for the stats, or are they out of whack?

I never really looked much to be honest. I doubt they'll be all that accurate. I think the scores at least are scaled down to match the lower scores you'd expect for your abbreviated games.

brobest

Rookie
Mar 4, 2021
AFL Club
Essendon
Im tempted, just need to convince myself id get 40 quids worth of value from it.

Been watching loads of AFL stuff so im in the mood for it.

Its not very popular here, so its all reliant of the Coach career mode being worth playing in depth for me to get it.

Hopefully the AI holds up long term to make thar viable... i mean my stick skills will need work anyway, but still, lets see how it goes.

Any other feedback on the game worth me reading?

Im tempted, just need to convince myself id get 40 quids worth of value from it.

Been watching loads of AFL stuff so im in the mood for it.

Its not very popular here, so its all reliant of the Coach career mode being worth playing in depth for me to get it.

Hopefully the AI holds up long term to make thar viable... i mean my stick skills will need work anyway, but still, lets see how it goes.

Any other feedback on the game worth me reading?

I mean 40 quid is a fair bit for a game that's a couple of years old and was never amazing to begin with. But if you are in the mood for it, then it ain't the worst investment :) Watch some videos on Youtube. Plenty of gameplay there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back