Rules AFL looking to ban jumper punches

Remove this Banner Ad

Cunnington should have got a week suspension for an intentional strike that caused his opponent to leave play and spend time on the bench incapacitated. He's a weak dog. Disgraceful precedent set by the AFL and MRP here.

He intentionally punched his opponent in the stomach. His opponent then left the ground and was dry reaching on the bench for a few minutes. Ridiculous it's not a suspension, but other things like tackles that swing with too much force are suspension worthy. F*cking MRP!

You dont like them but you're happy that your player got off.

You're right,the afl has allowed them to continue and fester. But your reaction is a contradiction to your supposed belief.

AFL can change the rules, the MRP, the punishments whenever they like and they are making media statements like they dont like gut punches and jumper punches but dont do anything about it.

They can change the rules whenever they like but that needs to be communicated to the clubs. What if they just decided to start banning players for umpire contact again without telling anyone? Everyone would be up in arms about the inconsistency.

The Cunnington decision was 100% consistent with how they have adjudicated gut punches this season. I think that should change and players should be banned but it needs be communicated to the clubs BEFORE they start doing it.

They can change the rules whenever they like but that needs to be communicated to the clubs. What if they just decided to start banning players for umpire contact again without telling anyone? Everyone would be up in arms about the inconsistency.

The Cunnington decision was 100% consistent with how they have adjudicated gut punches this season. I think that should change and players should be banned but it needs be communicated to the clubs BEFORE they start doing it.

No way. The clubs should just have to up with whatever they have to deal with. Giving them inside information is like allowing the tail to wag the dog.

Enjoy Bernie!

DAaWkx5U0AAgBIU.jpg:large

Are North supporters seriously calling Vince soft after that? I take it you've never received a punch to the guts when you aren't prepared for it. It doesn't take much at all.
Happened right in front of me. It was softer than butter.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Happened right in front of me. It was softer than butter.

How would you know? Are you Bernie Vince? if you aren't prepared for a punch in that part of the body you're basically getting hit straight in your internal organs. Vince was dry retching on the bench.

How would you know? Are you Bernie Vince? if you aren't prepared for a punch in that part of the body you're basically getting hit straight in your internal organs. Vince was dry retching on the bench.
He deserved what he got. Perfect example of a soft campaigner who's happy to be a cowardly scrag all day but can't handle a little reminder of consequences for his actions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He shat himself proper when cunnington stepped up to him..

He's also sending the wrong message to Melbourne's youngsters in regards to what proper tough footy requires.

I hope for the sake of Melbourne's development they never play him in the seniors again, because sure enough there were Melbourne kids mimicking his bullshit yesterday.

Another thing that really pissed me off was when Vince was doubled over on the sidelines dry retching, one of the commentators were insinuating he was putting on a show because the punch wasn't that hard. They should be stood down for those comments

How do they know how hard it was, idiots

Same way the MRP know the "impact" based on the result - they make, at best, an educated guess.

Disgraceful that Cunnington didn't get a ban for a deliberate forceful punch to the guts. Very bad look.
Salem lightly brushes someone and gets a week, what a joke.

Can't tell if a troll or just not very bright

Can't tell if a troll or just not very bright
Most mma fighters would be happy with that ground and pound from salem timed it perfectly salem lucky it was more forearm and not more of an elbow otherwise he would have got 3 as higgins would have been opened uo nicely

What are we gonna start calling a jumper punch that is punishable by mrp? In plenty of push and shoves there are a shitload that a re thrown which arent highlighted or are we gonna just focus on ones likes cotchins? I dont wanna see blokes getting rubbed out when a little wrestle breaks out and blokes are giving little cheapies to me even cotchins isnt that big yeah it looks bad but hardly that damaging

Cunnington should have got a week suspension for an intentional strike that caused his opponent to leave play and spend time on the bench incapacitated. He's a weak dog. Disgraceful precedent set by the AFL and MRP here.

He intentionally punched his opponent in the stomach. His opponent then left the ground and was dry reaching on the bench for a few minutes. Ridiculous it's not a suspension, but other things like tackles that swing with too much force are suspension worthy. F*cking MRP!

Maybe if Bernie focussed on playing the ball rather than the man, he wouldn't have had his soul knocked out of him.

Vince embarrassed himself and the MFC yesterday.

Scragged and threw cheap shots all day and twice went down like he had been shot. He tried to rip Cunnington's head off, Cunnington stood his ground and Vince tried to act tough again and then took a dive a soccer player would have been proud of. Then followed up pretending he was retching on the bench. One of the most humiliating things I've seen on the footy field.

Im guessing lot of people in here never played footy before or been hit in the stomach, if you are not ready for the punch it doesn't take much at all for you to go down and stay down.

As far salem he shouldn't have done it but it was hardly forceful should have been a fine and nothing more.

What are we gonna start calling a jumper punch that is punishable by mrp? In plenty of push and shoves there are a shitload that a re thrown which arent highlighted or are we gonna just focus on ones likes cotchins? I dont wanna see blokes getting rubbed out when a little wrestle breaks out and blokes are giving little cheapies to me even cotchins isnt that big yeah it looks bad but hardly that damaging
We have.............For some reason they saw fit to suspend Hawkins for 2 for a jumper punch, yet have never suspended anyone for the 100s of others that have been thrown!

Saw some from Hodge, but of course he gets off, he is a good bloke!

Im guessing lot of people in here never played footy before or been hit in the stomach, if you are not ready for the punch it doesn't take much at all for you to go down and stay down.

As far salem he shouldn't have done it but it was hardly forceful should have been a fine and nothing more.
Both are consistent for this year, which we should praise the AFL. Thompson got similar against Geelong this year on Dangerfield as Salem and there has been plenty of punches let off this year.

Both are consistent for this year, which we should praise the AFL. Thompson got similar against Geelong this year on Dangerfield as Salem and there has been plenty of punches let off this year.

Not sure there that consistent Thompson was more forceful than the Salem one, and wasn't it just few weeks back when Fyfe threw his elbow back and hit someone in the head and he didn't get any weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back