AFL membership packs 2017. Are you content with what your club has delivered in 2017?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cadillac

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Obviously the important thing about purchasing a yearly membership is the donation that is given to the club. But some clubs do membership packs better than some. Are you happy with what you received in your membership pack this season? This was the first year the Bulldogs gave the option of a beanie, Scarf or a cap, so that was pretty cool.
Would be appreciated if you uploaded photos to compare.

No photos here but this is what Geelong are offering, pretty standard stuff for adults or kids;

Adult/Concession Member merchandise pack includes:

• Member exclusive scarf
  • Lanyard
  • Bumper sticker
  • 2017 fixture magnet

Family Junior Member merchandise pack includes:
  • Junior member exclusive beanie
  • Lanyard
  • Sticker sheet
  • Height chart
  • Door hanger

Geelong's probably the worst at it.

I dunno.
Been going to the footy regularly since about 1982. Been an AFL member since 1994 with Carlton support package all that time. The only time I can recall not being some sort of Carlton member all that time was in 1993 when I was so busy with studies I barely had time to see more than a few games in the year.
In 2016 Carlton sent me some package congratulating me on being a member 7 years!!!!
Fair to say I do not rate our membership department.

The members scarf for Geelong is a bit on the cheap side this year. Not very thick at all.
:eek: You guys get scarves? We're Westies and a cap you can put on backwards is our lot.

Just grateful the club didn't make me scrape or go without to pay for it, cos I would have if I had to.

My kids (Under 12) got a cooler bag lunch box thing and a water bottle, different this year, I reckon the previous 3-4 years it was a footy & a backpack every year.

Another kid under 5 got his yearly teddy.

The members scarf for Geelong is a bit on the cheap side this year. Not very thick at all.
yeah i thought the same thing, it was cheap crap.

I dunno.
Been going to the footy regularly since about 1982. Been an AFL member since 1994 with Carlton support package all that time. The only time I can recall not being some sort of Carlton member all that time was in 1993 when I was so busy with studies I barely had time to see more than a few games in the year.
In 2016 Carlton sent me some package congratulating me on being a member 7 years!!!!
Fair to say I do not rate our membership department.

Follow up post.
Got this year's pack in mail.
"please find enclosed your membership pin that shows your consecutive years with us"

8.... fmd, you gotta laugh.
As if I would wear it when it is so far off.

Geelong's probably the worst at it.
I would argue the Suns are the worst at it. I am a non attending member, so it might change for ones that can actually attend the game, but I just got a lanyard, a small silver thermace with the Suns logo on it, some stickers and a magnet with the fixture on it. Would love a cap or scarf one year.

Follow up post.
"please find enclosed your membership pin that shows your consecutive years with us"

Maybe they're not aware you had a sex change eight years ago and changed your name from bootyfan78 to footyfan78?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the packs are produced by the same place right?
My Hawthorn and GWS memberships are packaged identically, just the contents are different

Wouldn't surprise me if the AFL has a deal with someone to do all the memberships, same as they have a deal to do all the websites

Follow up post.

Because they count consecutive years. If you wanted to keep a count going then you shouldn't have let it lapse. My sister buys the cheapest option available for North now because she can't go often but keeps her count going.

Carlton had an option this year for the first time--cap, scarf, beanie, 2 GA tickets or a donation back to the club.
Really? We've probably being doing the scarf/hat/beanie option for a decade now.
This years is particularly poor standard, the scarf that is.

Surely they've been giving something more than just the standard bumper sticker and lanyard up until now?

Because they count consecutive years. If you wanted to keep a count going then
You're missing the problem. They got the consecutive years wrong. It is way beyond 8 years.
I suspect my club has others wrong of other people like me that AFL members and been members for Carlton with our AFL membership for over 20 consecutive years.

I laugh at all of your clubs, the Pies once again lead the way in the austerity stakes.

All of our merch is supporting the underprivileged child workers of China.

Cap (good quality as usual, unfortunately the shallow fit kind this year so doesn't fit fantastically without a hair cut, slightly ruined by our new sponsor logo in bright pink on the side)
Selection of bumper stickers
Membership card
Lanyard
10% off coupon for the Roo Store

That's the entry level pack anyway, pretty happy with the contents.

Ultimate membership includes;

Lanyard
Membership card
Scarf
Hat
Stickers
Ultimate membership key ring
Guernsey pin with number of membership years
pamphlet
bag

Remove this Banner Ad

Back