Game Day AFL Round 18 - Collingwood@GWS (GIANTS Stadium – 4:35PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just offloaded a gorilla on big Cox to snag the first sausage roll at $25/1.

Wish me luck.
What were the odds for Crocker re? Yiayia said to put a gorilla on him for her. Like the Sack's mom in the 2010 replay. The woman is a prophet re.

This :thumbsu:

For us locals in Sydney, it takes both an afternoon and an evening timeslot. So in order to go to the game, you need to be free in both the afternoon and the evening. Not much better for the folks watching on TV.

Daft scheduling is daft :thumbsdown:

It must be because of Fox Footy, they never want games to clash, they have to run back to back to back. But who really is that keen to watch 3 AFL matches in a row?

Nothing wrong having 2 Saturday afternoon games at once, there used to be 6 Saturday afternoon games at once or God forbid two Saturday night games at once.

But scheduling at twilight, dinner time as you say takes up afternoon and evening and is just an odd, random time to start.

I'd like to go watch a local footy game this afternoon but I can't because I'd miss the AFL but it's still 6 hours away... Joke.

Im a random dude on the internet not a bloody player or a coach. If I want to project forward then I will.

My ladder predictor losing one game (I chose the Richmond game) has us second on percentage vs West Coast Brisbane and Richmond. I dint make any %predictions ie all games results by the same winning margin. So as I said even losing a single game wont guarantee second spot.

Attachments

• 9F8199F7-7620-460D-82CC-ACF14869C8CF.png
    9F8199F7-7620-460D-82CC-ACF14869C8CF.png
    182.5 KB · Views: 39

Still cant believe Crocker is playing after one of the worst individual games I have ever seen.

Wills got an extended run. Maybe they think they worked so hard to get in they won't drop them off the back of a single possibly off game and give them a chance to settle in to see if they can offer something. It would be pretty hard to jump from VFL to AFL and stand out immediately.

Both sides have so many players missing pretty much anything can happen

Still cant believe Crocker is playing after one of the worst individual games I have ever seen.

Redemption can be a powerful force

I know Crocker is not the most popular of players, but anybody who saw his early games knows he is capable of so much more than what he dished up last week.

Besides, not sure that we have too many other options who can replace him?

Stephenson is suspended.
JT is MIA
Wells is injured
Elliott is injured
Goldsack maybe
Daicos maybe
Anybody else?

Apart from the fact they stuck him in JT's coffin in the forward line after he's been killing it on a wing in the ressies I'm guessing this has something to do with it

Unavailable:
Elliott Greenwood Moore Langdon Thomas Stephenson Beams Wells Reid Dunn Tohill Murphy Kelly Murray Noble?

He got suspended

Touche. Not my best work but he was never going to be dropped.

Buckley doesnt make knee jerk selection decisions based on single games. With four new injuries and based on Crockers relatively better last quarter last week compared to the first three he correctly warrants a second chance.

Hes competing with Daicos who was jusyt dropped himself after getting a good run, or Thomas whos had an extremely good run befor being dropped. . Or do we want to bring in T Brown yet? Crocker is the correct, natural choice for this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting game today. I'm not as convinced as some that we're definitely back to our best footy (whatever that looks like) given that I felt West Coast submitted to an extent in that last quarter even though we played really well too. What I think was most important about last week was the confidence that comes with a win like that which is important for the mentality of the playing group. GWS need a response, so I feel it will be a tight finish like last week but I like our inclusions this week.

Still not sure why Appleby is in the side ahead of Scharenberg. They must have a specific run with role in line for Appleby today.

Maybe just seeing what he can do if we need to call upon him.

We know what we’ve got with Shaz- still, would like to see him get some games over the next month

A little surprised Appleby is in rather than Shaz, good luck to him though

I'm one of the few here who doesn't mind seeing Crocker get another go. Had his freebie dealing with the step up in pace etc. Hopefully he can make a good fist of it this week

I would guess they want to keep the run from defence.

Shaz lacks attacking drive in his game wether by foot or run and link.

His KE numbers are inflated too the other week where he ran at 100% there were many kicks that were just kicks down the line to non advantage and come to ground.
He very rarely cuts through with his kicks normally safe short sideways or 40m down the line to contests.

Would like to see him take the game on more with ball in hand.
Also like to see him trialled down forward as he was very good at both ends of the ground as a junior.
He has a great footy brain and clean hands overhead his kicking style suites kicking for goal too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back