Preview AFL Round 5 - Geelong v Hawthorn, MCG, Monday 21 April 3:20PM

Predict the margin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hills pretty fast, isn't he? Would Sheringham be better on him and Enright to go to Puopolo?

Enright's done the job on Rioli before, and Rioli's supposedly fast (although you wouldn't know it if you saw the 2012 grand final! :p).

catempire , Thurlow as Sub. I suppose that make sense , probably prefer someone like Hunt but I guess thats a match consideration.

The paper side and positions are a long way away from what happens on the ground now. Thank goodness. Hmac at CHF , its would be like putting Hamish Simpson in the MCG sprint on on GF day.

Would you give Guthrie the role on Riollo ? Challenging.

Time for a big game from some players , time to show what they say they can do . Burbs for one , Travis for another , they must add to the score board pressure.

Lonergan on Roughead? Not sure, Roughhead is much stronger overhead than Buddy.

No matter what we will come away with a new set of thoughts about where we are and what we need to do. Personally I want to keep the kids rolling in.

Guthrie kept him goalless in the prelim, so he's done the job on him before.

catempire , Thurlow as Sub. I suppose that make sense , probably prefer someone like Hunt but I guess thats a match consideration.

The paper side and positions are a long way away from what happens on the ground now. Thank goodness. Hmac at CHF , its would be like putting Hamish Simpson in the MCG sprint on on GF day.

Would you give Guthrie the role on Riollo ? Challenging.

Time for a big game from some players , time to show what they say they can do . Burbs for one , Travis for another , they must add to the score board pressure.

Lonergan on Roughead? Not sure, Roughhead is much stronger overhead than Buddy.

No matter what we will come away with a new set of thoughts about where we are and what we need to do. Personally I want to keep the kids rolling in.
This is how I think they'll match up, or close to it.

HMac effectively played CHF last week and we haven't picked an alternative this week.

Yep, Rioli is the perfect Guthrie matchup IMO.

Lonergan gets the opposition's best tall forward every week. Lock that one in.

I really do laugh at the cloak and dagger secrecy. We're going to find out anyway in about 4 hours time. Why not tell us?
He said the AFL integrity unit do not allow it.

There must be a cut off time for that or something I guess.
And having said that, if keeping a potential mismatch hidden gives us 0.01% advantage I'll take it.

Enright's done the job on Rioli before, and Rioli's supposedly fast (although you wouldn't know it if you saw the 2012 grand final! :p).
I guess sometimes smarts can beat speed :)
I'm just a bit sick of seeing the young fast oppo players sneaking out the back for a cheapie- with a slower Cats player giving chase. Having said that, though, if we manned up defensively on teams speed for speed, we wouldn't get any of our own creative play happening going forward.

HMac effectively played CHF last week and we haven't picked an alternative this week.

Yeh, but on the other hand I think that Mitchell is more integral to Hawthorn's play. Plus Guthrie has a fair bit of strength on him now, which you need in order to tag Mitchell but not Rioli.

Hills pretty fast, isn't he? Would Sheringham be better on him and Enright to go to Puopolo?
Puopolo is quick as well. Either way they are both going to be on quick players. Boris is better playing on the more dangerous one

Very keen to watch the younger guys today-Thurlow (if he's the late in), Burbury, GHS, Sheringham.

Last year I remember the youngsters really standing up when it counted in the Hawks game, Murdoch and Caddy had huge last quarters, so hoping they can be the difference today.

Getting excited, go cats!

Except that Guthrie has played midfield all season and tagged Dangerfield and Pendlebury already this year. He'll be tagging Mitchell. Have to be Enright or Taylor Hunt on Rioli.

Welcome….What a week to jump in!. Nice choice. I think our chances are very good. We are as strong a team net gains and losses form last year if not more so. Is it enough? We shall see. But we are a massive chance.

As for the rest about being here, just be yourself and post what and when you feel like it. Don't be put off by some strong opinions. Just post your thoughts about the game, players and the club and you'll be fine. After all, its the reason we are all here…

Enjoy and have a good one…

Go Catters
What u talking about daz? No strong opinions here!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back