Game Day AFL Round 8 - Matchday Discussion Collingwood@Carlton (MCG– 1:45PM)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon this is a 50:50 game.

* Carlton v Collingwood games don’t typically respect ladder position
* We’ve got four best 22 out (Cox, Adams, Beams, Aish)
* McGovern and Kreuzer are very handy ins for Carlton
* Carlton are coming off a roasting
* Carlton / Bolton can go a long long way to redeeming themselves to the world by winning this game

* Carlton / Bolton can go a long long way to redeeming themselves to the world by winning this game

I wonder if they will do a mid-season coach sacking if we destroy them today?

Carlton is such a poison chalice for coaches. There is just no structure in the footy department to support them.

If we f lose this man I f swear man imma turn into a bearded mouhla annoying op shop floral wearing Brunswick st political activist and be an advocate for changing the name 'mother's day' to 'appreciation day' to 'the day' to ' '.

I have f had it man.. that's it for me.

50:50 is going too far, but like always we're not over the line yet. Theyve got some bloody good players. I'm expecting the game day thread to go into complete meltdown as it'll be competitive. Should win though.

And a truly joyful thing that is too. :) :) Doesn't look like G. Pert is helping either - great news!!
One thing about our old boys,
They go to other clubs and they succeed....

For us!

By all rights we should crush them by ten goals but, it is THE greatest of our rivalries and one that often throws up surprises so, I am always just a little nervous, mostly because I can't bear the shame of losing to the scum of the competition.

A small, irrelevant inner suburban club in an urban area that is now the enclave of latte drinkers, hipsters, artists and property speculators -all of whom have no interest in football and will be happy to see this carcass of what was once the Carlton Football Club rot away. Not since the earliest decades of the North Melbourne Football Club or the dying days of the Fitzroy Football Club have we seen such a pathetic excuse for a football team or indeed and entire club at this level of our great game. They should have been forcibly merged with North or pensioned off to the VFA, (now VFL) years, if not decades ago: lying, broke, cheating, un-competitive scum that they are.

......but I digress

;)

If we f lose this man I f swear.. i will act like a sheep and give everyone the impression I give a **** about Ash Barty breaking in to the top 10..

I have f had it man.. that's it for me.

i was anticipating that you'd say that you'd make like a sheep and present your arse to the nearest new zealander...

^

Some one is on the peps again; must be shocked to be sitting there;

hammer coming soon?

Bye bye silly sammy

I expect to see Jeremy Howe scaling the goalposts like Spider-Man today trying to intercept any shots at goal. Now that’s commitment to defending, and it’s apparently a-OK according to the afl?! 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their season ended last night so he has to find something else to do between now and the end of September.
Apply for an au pair job in France with their beloved sitting in shock

Well done Rupe. A long time between drinks but a well deserved call up! I think we need a bash and crash midfielder today so hopefully he is the man for the job. Hopefully Reid can make the most out of his opportunities this week.

More good signs from Cal Brown would be great today. He did some very nice things in our JLT match against them.

Roughead to McKay. Moore to McGovern and Howe to Curnow?

Wrong 76.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back