Saturday September 25

Draft Combine – Vic Country
Friday October 1

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday October 3 - Monday October 15

Trade Period (picks and players)
Monday October 4 (9am) – Wednesday October 13 (7.30pm)

Draft Combines (States and Regions)
VM: Saturday October 9 (tbc)
Qld: Sunday October 10

Tas: Monday October 11
SA: Saturday October 16

WA: Sunday October 17
NSW&ACT: tbc
NT: will join SA or Qld

Trade Period (picks only)
Monday October 18 – Monday November 15

List Lodgement 1
Friday October 29

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
Wednesday November 3 (9am) – Tuesday November 9 (5pm)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
Wednesday November 10 (2pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
Thursday November 11 (9am) – Monday November 15 (5pm)

Draft Nominations Due
Wednesday November 17 (3pm)

Pre-Season Commences (First to fourth year players)
Monday November 22

National Draft
Round 1: Wednesday November 24 (7pm)
Round 2–end: Thursday November 25 (7pm)

Rookie Upgrade Period
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Delisted Free Agency Window 3
Thursday November 25 (10pm) - Thursday November 25 (11pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Nominations Due (Includes Academy, Father/Son)
Friday November 26 (12pm) - Friday November 26 (12.30pm)

Preseason Draft
Friday November 26 (3pm)

Pre-Selected Rookie Notification
Friday November 26 (3.15pm)

Rookie Draft
Friday November 26 (3.20pm)

Final List Lodgement
Monday November 29 (4pm)

Pre-Season Commences (All other players)
Monday December 6

Pre-Season Supplemental Selection Period (SSP)
December - March (tbc)
Current Contract Status
2021 Draft Watch
Father/Son and NGA
Adrian Dodoro

Last edited:
4 goals, 3 in the last quarter iirc. Looks a unit.

I didn't realise he was actually a f/s for West Coast – son of Chris, a dual-premiership player.

After watching the replay I'm sure I heard the commentators say that he was drafted as a midfielder. Before the glandular, after which he went forward. He is built like a tank, so could maybe rotate through the mid with Stringer.
In the meantime looks like a ready-made Stringer replacement.

After watching the replay I'm sure I heard the commentators say that he was drafted as a midfielder. Before the glandular, after which he went forward. He is built like a tank, so could maybe rotate through the mid with Stringer.
In the meantime looks like a ready-made Stringer replacement.
Yep but sadly he has lost his tank thats why he is a forward

apparently we tried to pinch the bulldogs forward as well

interesting moment this afternoon at the local bottle shop here in WA while talking to my Bomber mad mate behind the counter as we discussed today’s game

Both of us were pondering if this kid was WCE C.Waterman’s boy thinking it was his brother

A WC fan was standing there listening and interjected saying “Yeah..there’s another one and he’s a goer..he should be with us”

Sign him up on peanuts wage.

Nothing like a desperate rookie busting his gut to get a contract

Looks good

Waterman has a great leg. Not sure what wind was like but one kick from 50 went hit the back fence like a cannonball and hasn’t dropped an inch when it did.

Waterman and Jones both looked like round 1 prospects, even with just the one game. Both moved well, reliable set shots, make good decisions. Hopefully Wright improves his positioning a bit and the three of them can become a week-in, week-out trio for the forward line to build around.

I can never really work out what happens with a player like Waterman.

Seems to have the licence to stay forward and just wait for the ball. The same thing never afforded to a key forward.

The ball falls in his lap and now it's a story.

Looks like he's an amazing kick of ball. That's all you can tell from that game.

If you're offering a bloke a trial, and he comes out and kicks 4 goals in a practice match - you sign him.

Because if you don't, you look like arseholes to everyone you ever offer a trial to in the future.

Seems to have the licence to stay forward and just wait for the ball. The same thing never afforded to a key forward.

Looks like he's an amazing kick of ball. That's all you can tell from that game.

He took marks in the centre of the ground, definitely didn't just stay home forward waiting for the ball

Looks like he's
If you're offering a bloke a trial, and he comes out and kicks 4 goals in a practice match - you sign him.

Because if you don't, you look like arseholes to everyone you ever offer a trial to in the future.
Not really. If you dont sign him it’s for a reason presumably. I can’t imagine worrying about the optics trumps the reality of whatever that reason might be.

At the very least you’ve put him in a position to showcase his ability to every team in the comp and potentially generate opportunities with other teams if not us. I think he’dcstill be grateful for the opportunity, even if disappointed.

Not really. If you dont sign him it’s for a reason presumably. I can’t imagine worrying about the optics trumps the reality of whatever that reason might be.

At the very least you’ve put him in a position to showcase his ability to every team in the comp and potentially generate opportunities with other teams if not us. I think he’dcstill be grateful for the opportunity, even if disappointed.

It is about optics, but not the optics I think you're alluding to.

Players need to understand that if they are performing at a certain level whilst on trial, that they will be picked up. Not just for them, but for every other player that might be deciding between training with us, or training with someone else.

An example of BAD optics, is allowing Nick Hind to be drafted by St Kilda ahead of us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players need to understand that if they are performing at a certain level whilst on trial, that they will be picked up. Not just for them, but for every other player that might be deciding between training with us, or training with someone else.

An example of BAD optics, is allowing Nick Hind to be drafted by St Kilda ahead of us.

Optics in recruiting and list management?

I get it....but ultimately you still gave him a shot and a stage.

Hind still got drafted on the back of us giving him opportunity in the VFL. I assume he was bloody grateful for that!

I get it....but ultimately you still gave him a shot and a stage.

Hind still got drafted on the back of us giving him opportunity in the VFL. I assume he was bloody grateful for that!
He thought he should have been drafted a year earlier, and fair enough too, considering we had an open spot on the list from memory.

Waterman has a great leg. Not sure what wind was like but one kick from 50 went hit the back fence like a cannonball and hasn’t dropped an inch when it did.
That drop punt was 65 on the fly without exaggeration. Massive strike... looked easy too.

He really makes you glad to not be a football.

Optics in recruiting and list management?
I would have thought being able to see was a requirement for recruiting :p:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back