Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

If you are to believe what other clubs do in targeting powerful running athletes we've got a whole list to rebuild. This reincarnation looks off the pace in that regards
Are you shocked ?
New recruiting team and coach do not have a magic wand or permission from the AFL to have extra draft picks.
That is why I keep saying rebuild. You do not change 99% of the football department and say it is anything else. This will take 2 or 3 years to see if we are even getting this one right let alone being a success.

Are you shocked ?
New recruiting team and coach do not have a magic wand or permission from the AFL to have extra draft picks.
That is why I keep saying rebuild. You do not change 99% of the football department and say it is anything else. This will take 2 or 3 years to see if we are even getting this one right let alone being a success.
Im just shocked that the umpteenth coaching change and they all seem to have similarly vested interest in non running power. Either giant coincidence or something more cynical

Im just shocked that the umpteenth coaching change and they all seem to have similarly vested interest in non running power. Either giant coincidence or something more cynical
There’s evidence to say that we are taking it more seriously: Martin, Durham, Duursma and Roberts picks attest to that. However I still think we are a far cry from matching it with the best, and we need to make up for lost time as we are up against teams who have been valuing hard runners for sometime (GWS, Coll ie).

Just love how Ross Lyon walked into St Kilda day 1, said: “we are a team of runners” and the recruiting department gave him exactly what he was after and it’s reflective in the way they play. That’s a level of alignment we have not had - evidenced by the findings of our review.

There’s evidence to say that we are taking it more seriously: Martin, Durham, Duursma and Roberts picks attest to that. However I still think we are a far cry from matching it with the best, and we need to make up for lost time as we are up against teams who have been valuing hard runners for sometime (GWS, Coll ie).

Just love how Ross Lyon walked into St Kilda day 1, said: “we are a team of runners” and the recruiting department gave him exactly what he was after and it’s reflective in the way they play. That’s a level of alignment we have not had - evidenced by the findings of our review.
we might be taking it more seriously now, its just my longstanding gripe against the man with many jackets that shits me. whilst he is still in the club in any form or capacity, I feel his stench will continue to linger on anything we do.

Not sure Scott has no vested interest in running power. They drafted two running half back / wings and wanted Duursma due to his endurance running. He just hasn't got a lot to work with yet. Tsatas ran 16km on Saturday night and they liked him because of his running potential and speed from stoppage. You have to accept there is a total new crew in control. They even have new guys working under RFK. We will see what they can come up with and there are no guarantees but it will take 3 or 4 years to see which way they are going so you can hardly be screaming blue murder in what is year 2 of Scott and year 1 of a lot of the other key personal.

we might be taking it more seriously now, its just my longstanding gripe against the man with many jackets that shits me. whilst he is still in the club in any form or capacity, I feel his stench will continue to linger on anything we do.
Let it go. Seriously. Being all bitter about it is a waste of time. Best advice I was ever given. Do not waste too much energy on things you can not control . He is not going to be totally eliminated. Just be thankful that he has no control over the major decisions on players.

Obviously early days but I think we may have snagged a bargain with Roberts. Shows a bit of footy IQ, a lot of campaigner, and while not blistering he seemed to have a bit of zip about him in the magoos.
Seems like a headscratcher that he fell so far. I was dirty on the night when we gave up pick 30 to take Caddy, in hindsight I would have been delighted if we took this lad at 30. Sliding doors!

Obviously early days but I think we may have snagged a bargain with Roberts. Shows a bit of footy IQ, a lot of campaigner, and while not blistering he seemed to have a bit of zip about him in the magoos.
I’ve been really impressed with his VFL form, he will no doubt play some senior football this year and certainly looks like he could be a leadership group candidate in the coming years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What we think of pulling Horne-Francis with Reid.

Get it done Rosa!
Port Adelaide had played in consecutive finals series and were loading up when they abused the fact Jason didn't want to use wheelie bin ice baths at Arden street to lure him home

We are a basket case bathing in our own bath water thinking we are more relevant than we actually are

Seems to be a year for the midfielders.

Would love an aggressive manimal that actually understands positional gravity. Still a big need

who sits down?

Merret?
Parish?
Setterfield?
Caldwell?
i’m keeping caldwell over hobbs.
but this hypothetical guy could compete with or play next to setters. still reckon merretts insane kicking can be a weapon outside (he knows where the goals are too) if they wanted to go that route. i guess we’re committed to parish so idk what to do there

Ive seen a few people mention this.. where does one fit in though?

i’m keeping caldwell over hobbs.
but this hypothetical guy could compete with or play next to setters. still reckon merretts insane kicking can be a weapon outside (he knows where the goals are too) if they wanted to go that route. i guess we’re committed to parish so idk what to do there

Yeah I’m not at all suggesting move anyone on, just add layers upon layers upon layers and make it complimentary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back