2nds AFL Under 18 Academy vs Port Adelaide - Trial Match 3 @ Mt Barker

Remove this Banner Ad

“Little bit more experience”

Lol half this academy team has played half of our team in juniors lol.

the players with more experience would have numbered few and far between and mostly has beens or never beens
So that would be a 'little bit' more experience, yes?

A mate of mine who lives at Stirling was at the game, he isn't usually an over critical type of supporter but he told me he thought Josh Sinn was very ordinary, and at times didn't appear particularly interested.

That's disappointing as he should have at least some match fitness by now, and if it's an injury problem that's holding him back you would hope the club wouldn't risk him in a nothing trial game.

So having watched the game, it's kind of hard to have any real takeaways, but here goes:
  • Georgiades, Lord, Hayes, Jones, Evans played like AFL players, men against boys.
  • Jackson, Francou, Scully played like talented kids who need time to grow into their bodies. Energetic, in the right places, but just without the strength in the body yet to take advantage of their footy smarts.
  • Visentini was halfway between these two groups. Was strong enough to impact, but wasn't involved enough to really stand out.
  • Really hard to get a read on our KPD as the Academy side really struggled to break clear and get clean looks inside 50. Clurey looks well and truly cooked though.
  • Hard to get a read on our small defenders as well. Outside of Hinkley-esque scrambles, the academy found it hard to get clean movement I thought, which is a plus. However they were able to burst free of the scrambles and get clean shots on goal too often.
  • The academy slaughtered us when the ball hit the ground. So much cleaner and more powerful from the scrimmage. At stoppages, Hayes and Vis really helped Jackson and Francou who were really lone hands here get clean exits. In general play though, without ruck dominance to rely on we were well and truly done by more skilled/athletic kids.
  • Our SANFL players are soooo poorly skilled and panic prone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back