Women's Footy AFLW and MFC Women's General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

My brain chose not to register last weeks loss, so i forgot to add it in the replay thread.

It's there now for anyone who wants it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard Debbie Lee on the Collingwood v. GWS coverage today say that it is looking likely that clubs will have the ability to retain 20 players (why we wouldn't have the right to carryover our entire list is beyond me, but w/e).

With that in mind, here is my list on who we should retain in order of priority.

1. D. Pearce
2. O'Dea
3. Paxman
4. Hickey
5. Mithen
6. Grierson
7. Smith
8. Mifsud
9. Berry
10. Duryea
11. Lampard
12. L. Pearce
13. Downie
14. Phillips
15. Patterson
16. Scott
17. Cranston
18. Kemp
19. Anderson
20. Newman

That leaves out Humphries (so good when she has the ball, but that isn't often enough), Clifford (serviceable one-on-one defender but nothing more), Boyd (back-up ruck that doesn't offer much around the ground), Cordner (good physicality but skills are lacking), Jolly (being in and out of the side is indication enough) and De Bortoli & Randall who we haven't seen.

I heard Debbie Lee on the Collingwood v. GWS coverage today say that it is looking likely that clubs will have the ability to retain 20 players (why we wouldn't have the right to carryover our entire list is beyond me, but w/e).

With that in mind, here is my list on who we should retain in order of priority.

1. D. Pearce
2. O'Dea
3. Paxman
4. Hickey
5. Mithen
6. Grierson
7. Smith
8. Mifsud
9. Berry
10. Duryea
11. Lampard
12. L. Pearce
13. Downie
14. Phillips
15. Patterson
16. Scott
17. Cranston
18. Kemp
19. Anderson
20. Newman

That leaves out Humphries (so good when she has the ball, but that isn't often enough), Clifford (serviceable one-on-one defender but nothing more), Boyd (back-up ruck that doesn't offer much around the ground), Cordner (good physicality but skills are lacking), Jolly (being in and out of the side is indication enough) and De Bortoli & Randall who we haven't seen.

Cordner will be kept I suspect.

Cordner will be kept I
suspect.

Possibly different rules for rookies but I agree. We have probably the best overall squad in the competition, as evidenced by this handy graph, which [EDIT: CORRECTION] shows our squad's rankings as a cumulative total. For example, the 15th dot indicates the average Champion Data ranking points of our top 15 players combined (relative to the Brisbane Lions' team). As expected, the Giants' list falls away sharply and the uptick of all teams from players 22-25 shows that the Lions' very bottom end add the fewest ranking points to their team when compared to any other club.

Shame we can't keep our whole squad together.

C6r9Wb6V0AAR6KY.jpg

Last edited:
Possibly different rules for rookies but I agree. We have probably the best overall squad in the competition, as evidenced by this handy graph, which [EDIT: CORRECTION] shows our squad's rankings as a cumulative total. For example, the 15th dot indicates the average Champion Data ranking points of our top 15 players combined (relative to the Brisbane Lions' team). As expected, the Giants' list falls away sharply and the uptick of all teams from players 22-25 shows that the Lions' very bottom end add the fewest ranking points to their team when compared to any other club.

Shame we can't keep our whole squad together.

C6r9Wb6V0AAR6KY.jpg

No idea what's going on here but we're on top, looks good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back