Women's Footy AFLW and MFC Women's General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if Goldrick will give it one more go . With Mcgee not coming back that might spell the end of the Irish connection for now .

I wonder if Goldrick will give it one more go . With Mcgee not coming back that might spell the end of the Irish connection for now .
I think the schedule of the next season makes it tricky as I think it's very near the Gaelic season. Hopefully she does though, she's become a very important player with her rebound ability (and a solid defender).

Sign and trade period kicks off! We've picked up Charlotte Wilson from Carlton for pick 42, and sent Parry and Scott to Geelong for Jordan Ivery and pick 51.

Supermercado will be heartbroken at the impending loss of KP and any semblance of a crumber from our list but Povided we don't have any sudden walkout of a star we should be a very good chance at top-2 again next year

Who knows if KP was the answer to our crumb shortage but as we never played her we'll never know. I'll kick the virtual cat if she gets goals in that otherwise putrid Eagles side.

Who knows if KP was the answer to our crumb shortage but as we never played her we'll never know. I'll kick the virtual cat if she gets goals in that otherwise putrid Eagles side.
Get a real cat. More satisfying

Casey Demons (3rd) play host to (6th) Collingwood at Casey Fields in the VFLW 1st Elimination Final.

FREE ENTRY on Sunday, June 12th, with the first ball-up at 11:35am.

If Casey win, they play winner of (1st) Essendon v (2nd) Hawthorn in the major semi, away next weekend.

Game live on WARFRadio.com (and 89.1FM at Casey Fields) from 10:30am and AFL.com.au from 11:35am.

TEAMS:

CASEY DEMONS
B18. E. OConnor39. T. Gillard
HB16. B. Woolcock14. M. Chaplin30. R. Grant
C34. C. Blair33. A. Dowler38. A. Kirkwood
HF25. M. Harasimiuk15. C. McCrossan8. S. Fairchild
F37. B. Borchard36. G. Campbell
R9. L. Wales11. E. West26. E. Horne
INT7. C. Selleck45. M. Hogg23. Z. Mitchell
22. S. Wales50. K. Angelis
EMG27. A. Laing58. C. Conroy
INS30. R. Grant33. A. Dowler37. B. Borchard
9. L. Wales23. Z. Mitchell
OUTS12. A. Brown4. S. Heath17. I. Simmons
6. S. Johnson24. M. Fitzsimon

COLLINGWOOD
B52. N.Hales63. G. Ricardo
HB73.O.Storer72. K . Lee74. E. Wroe
C71.Bowey56. M. Neal99. M.Edmond
HF57. A Kane62.M.Dematteo50.C. Van Der Vlies
F54. T. Cowan61.N.Dojiok
R92. S.King91. D. Hallett32. C. Taylor
INT58. K.Colborne-Veel68.A. Smith65.E.Jackson
88. N.O'Connor54.T.Cowan
EMG64. S. Camilleri76.N.Weston59.A.McCulloch
53.R.Busch
INS58. K.Colborne-Veel74. E. Wroe
OUTS51. M. Zander70.E.Woodford

List pretty much finalised, pretty much all key players signed on again, including Goldy!
Locked In | Demons secure 24 signatures for upcoming season
Rhi Watt also joined as a DFA. I rated her at the Saints, although at her age/recovering from an ACL don't think she'll be playing next season (if at all for us). But a handy old head to have around the club, seems very well liked.

Hopefully Casey keep their run going too. Useful experience for Gillard and Campbell, plus West has been dominating.

List pretty much finalised, pretty much all key players signed on again, including Goldy!
Locked In | Demons secure 24 signatures for upcoming season
Rhi Watt also joined as a DFA. I rated her at the Saints, although at her age/recovering from an ACL don't think she'll be playing next season (if at all for us). But a handy old head to have around the club, seems very well liked.

Hopefully Casey keep their run going too. Useful experience for Gillard and Campbell, plus West has been dominating.
I like West. Brings a toughness to the side that our mids sometimes lack. She’s an ordinary kick but I live with it. Puts me in mind of an early Viney

I like West. Brings a toughness to the side that our mids sometimes lack. She’s an ordinary kick but I live with it. Puts me in mind of an early Viney
Yeah she's had some poor moments ball in hand but super competitive and a much stronger build than some of our other mids.

2020 ALL-STAR Bláithín Mackin is set to join AFLW side Melbourne, The42 understands.
It is understood a number of clubs were interested in the versatile footballer.
23 years old, and I would guess decently tall at around 175cm. Named at centre half back in that 2020 All-Star team, next to Goldrick at left half back.

Her older sister, by 2 years, was named Player of the Year for 2020 so there might be a plan/hope to lure her out here in the future (unless another club manages that first).

Casey Demons (3rd) take on Essendon (1st) in the VFLW Major Semi-Final at Windy Hill, Sunday 11:05am - FREE ENTRY

Winner gets a week off and straight through to the Grand Final. Loser plays the winner of the Hawks v Saints in a Preliminary Final.

Game will be live on WARFRadio.com (and 89.1FM at Windy Hill) from 10am, and on AFL.com.au from 11am.

TEAMS:

ESSENDON
B21. A. Morcom45. B. Clarke
HB13. E. Hosking14. D. Marshall16. T. Crook
C1. C. Ugle5. G. Nanscawen9. M.Anthony
HF22. N. MacDonald44. G. Dicker26. J. Doonan
F4. M. Clifford24. R. Tierney
R30. S.Nalder28. A. Barba42. J. Zanchetta
INT8. E. Ashley-Cooper18. K. Heil23. A. Radford
17. F.Frew20. C. McIntosh
EMG34. E. Everist15. L.Caruso7. J. Davies
43. O. DiDonato
INSNil
OUTSNil
CASEY DEMONS
B18. E. OConnor7. C. Selleck
HB16. B. Woolcock12. A. Brown30. R. Grant
HF25. M. Harasimiuk15. C. McCrossan8. S. Fairchild
F37. B. Borchard22. S. Wales
R9. L. Wales14. M. Chaplin26. E. Horne
INT27. A. Laing45. M. Hogg23. Z. Mitchell
58. C. Conroy50. K. Angelis
EMG29. A. Blair32. T. Reiter
INS12. A. Brown58. C. Conroy27. A. Laing
OUTS39. T. Gillard36. G. Campbell11. E. West

Casey Demons taken on the Southern Saints at 4:05pm this Sunday at North Port Oval - FREE ENTRY

Winner advances to the Grand Final against Essendon next Sunday (12:15pm) again at North Port Oval.

Live on WARFRadio.com (and 89.1FM at the ground) from 3pm and AFL.com.au from 4pm.

Teams:
CASEY DEMONS
B18. E. OConnor30. R. Grant
HB16. B. Woolcock12. A. Brown14. M. Chaplin
HF25. M. Harasimiuk36. G. Campbell15. C. McCrossan
F8. S. Fairchild9. L. Wales
R22. S. Wales6. S. Johnson26. E. Horne
INT37. B. Borchard45. M. Hogg23. Z. Mitchell
29. A. Blair28. S. Rummel
EMG58. C. Conroy10. J. Macdonald27. A. Laing
INS36. G. Campbell29. A. Blair6. S. Johnson
28. S. Rummel
OUTS27. A. Laing58. C. Conroy7. C. Selleck
50. K. Angelis

SOUTHERN SAINTS
B35. I. Gentile4. D. Jolliffe
HB6. G. McLean16. A. Hynes26. C. Saultry
C50. C. Ryan5. M. Capsalis9. W. Laing
HF19. O. Flanagan23. T. Kearns24. K. Ripari
F39. G. De Angelis1. C. Slater
R22. S. Black11. H. Stuart25. R. Neaves
INT32. G. Buchan53. P. Staltari33. O. Robinson
12. N. Cormack34. C. Keohane
EMG36. E. Stuber36. K. Prendergast31. A. Peck
57. B. Enno
INS32. G. Buchan
OUTS29. M. Fogas

AFLW Draft was last night. Picked up Maeve Chaplin and Sam Johnson from Casey. Chaplin was an injury coverage player last year, had a solid year at Casey. Seems a decent young player.
Johnson looks like injury cover down back with Colvin doing her ACL :'(
Also got Georgia Gall who'd played WBBL. Get excited for 1,000 mentions per game of her cricket background when she plays.

Most exciting imo is we picked up Sab Duffy as a DFA. She looked good for Freo when she played, but has had a season off through work commitments. Very handy pick-up for what was already a very strong squad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if this is the place for it but Eliza Mcnamara is out for the AFLW season with a spinal fracture after a weightlifting accident.

Get well soon.
Quoting this here too.
Colvin, McNamara and Watt gone for the season :(

For those heading to the footy this weekend, our AFLW team has a pre-season game being played as a curtain raiser.

We flogged the bombers by 40 odd last weekend in our other practice match which was relatively high scoring (85-40 ish) so hopefully you can see two Carlton floggings in one night!

Looking good. Carlton look likely to struggle this year, but we put them away well. Purcell and West strong around the ball which will be important against teams like Adelaide. Good spread of scorers, skills were very good and willing to take some risky options which looks awesome when it comes off.
Have scored 80+ in both praccies (admittedly not too opposition) but good to see we're able to put on a score.

First round of list changes. Duffy, Brown and Little cut. Disappointed to see Duffy go, thought she was decent when she played and with Daisy's likely retirement there'd be a spot up forward for her.
Brown was also handy, but I guess with Gillard coming on so much and Colvin hopefully back next season was a bit down the order.
Little is a big unit so would've liked to see what she could do. Still a chance we redraft them when the league sorts its s**t out about list sizes, etc.

Daisy has retired . Her contribution to the MFC womens programme resulting in a Premiership will surely have her as a legend of the club. Thank you Daisy, and enjoy the next part of your adventure .

Legend and pioneer of the league. Thanks Dais

Boy people can't even be humble for a second on the socials without being little bitches about her.

Thank you for everything Daisy, been proud to watch your journey come along with the creation of AFLW football, Loyally linked with us from the start in a relationship that has bettered the individual, club and country. Will always be a part of our club's DNA and AFLW.

Go out there and keeping being you, I know you'll never let anything hold you back!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back