AFLW AFLW Fantasy

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I could have risen to 800s but thanks to the bench error am still in 1100s. Ranked about 380 for team value though, that means something, right? :sweatsmile:

Would be good to get an early GWS team announcement for sure... Even though Cam said they have faith in McCormick at the post-game, there's a possibility they bring in the replacement ruck (Grace Hill) for support. Same for Sydney and Ham.

I could get Parker this week if I sell Hanks and downgrade someone else. (Dowrick? Kearney?). Or go Hanks -> McKay and use the 20k on ?? Not quite enough for a ruck upgrade.

Im struggling to decide on trades this week too. Part of me wants to back in Hannah Priest but i realised i can do Priest, Fleming & Wilcox > Randall, Skepper & Goldsworthy with 4.4k left in the bank. Im leaning towards doing that and if Ham is back ill get her next week.
Great trades. Pull the trigger.

I have no idea what I'm doing, if that wasn't clear already. Thoughts?

Wall, Hanks, Kearney -> Goldsworthy, Parker, Pritchard (probably the safest option)/Garnett/Gilroy (high risk but great breakeven)
Is giving up a premium in Kearney a stupid move? How much do I actually want Parker? I still kinda think she's going to average 95 over the season so no real rush to get on

Wall, Hanks, Dowrick -> Goldsworthy, Parker, Skepper

Wall, Hanks, Barber -> Goldsworthy, McKay, Skepper and bank 18k
This improves the bench

Maybe possible to just do a rookie shuffle and leave the upgrades. High risk with the defenders.
Wall, O'Shea, Barber -> Goldsworthy, Kemp/Duursma, Skepper

I have no idea what I'm doing, if that wasn't clear already. Thoughts?

Wall, Hanks, Kearney -> Goldsworthy, Parker, Pritchard (probably the safest option)/Garnett/Gilroy (high risk but great breakeven)
Is giving up a premium in Kearney a stupid move? How much do I actually want Parker? I still kinda think she's going to average 95 over the season so no real rush to get on

Wall, Hanks, Dowrick -> Goldsworthy, Parker, Skepper

Wall, Hanks, Barber -> Goldsworthy, McKay, Skepper and bank 18k
This improves the bench

Maybe possible to just do a rookie shuffle and leave the upgrades. High risk with the defenders.
Wall, O'Shea, Barber -> Goldsworthy, Kemp/Duursma, Skepper

I'd be looking at draws from here too. North have just come off the crows and dees. so should only get easier. Can't tell you whether to punt Kearney, but you'd have to be pretty comfortable in her not being a top tier player from this point on. Ditto Hanks - hasn't had the best start but I'd stick fat, only gets easier from here and she's young enough to know she's not gone over a hill or anything.

Can you even do those trades anyway? Hanks a forward and Parker a mid.

Have centred on fixing my rucks this week, especially with McGrath apparently doing a hammy. Feel like the play is to go mid priced - especially given the 'top tier' rucks bar Moody (Gould, Seymour, Hickie, Moody, Pearce) are all performing in the same bracket.

Looking at the runs ahead, we have

Lakay (63 - 72k): GWS, Freo, Hawks. Tigers, Cats, Dogs, Dees
Edmonds (65 - 74k): Hawks, North, Cats, Dees, Saints, Eagles, Blues
Fuller (71 - 81k): North, Saints, Dogs, Bombers, Eagles, Crows, Swans

Lakay has had 3 very easy kills to start the season, which has me a little concerned that her numbers are inflated. But she pretty much has easy kills to come until the back end of the season anyway.

Edmonds has had easy-ish kills too (or at least made Strom into one), and the run gets a bit harder after this week. But her point scoring is so heavily hitout biased, which I kind of like? I feel like she's just a dominant tap ruck and that's sustainable.

Fuller's had three medium matchups, but has a hard run to come. Loses the tap quite a bit, so her points are more from around the ground stuff. It feels a little dicier.

Lucy Wales is a curveball option I guess - given the price tag being 25k less and her holding her own against Seymour on the weekend (and not doing too badly against McKinnon the week before). And given she got 93% of ruck contests, they're clearly leaning into her as the #1 without Luke.

I can get Lakay for McGrath if I go Fleming -> Skepper & Whelan -> Goldsworthy.

If I want Edmonds, I'd need to go Fleming -> Skepper & 1 of Whelan to basement or McCormick to Levicki

If I want Fuller (+9k, or Bella with no spare), I'd need to go Fleming -> Skepper & McCormick to basement

Other option is to flick McGrath to Wales, Fleming to Skepper & Whelan to Goldsworthy, fix up that rookie line and have 23k left over for next week.

Any advice/ideas?

Have centred on fixing my rucks this week, especially with McGrath apparently doing a hammy. Feel like the play is to go mid priced - especially given the 'top tier' rucks bar Moody (Gould, Seymour, Hickie, Moody, Pearce) are all performing in the same bracket.

Looking at the runs ahead, we have

Lakay (63 - 72k): GWS, Freo, Hawks. Tigers, Cats, Dogs, Dees
Edmonds (65 - 74k): Hawks, North, Cats, Dees, Saints, Eagles, Blues
Fuller (71 - 81k): North, Saints, Dogs, Bombers, Eagles, Crows, Swans

Lakay has had 3 very easy kills to start the season, which has me a little concerned that her numbers are inflated. But she pretty much has easy kills to come until the back end of the season anyway.

Edmonds has had easy-ish kills too (or at least made Strom into one), and the run gets a bit harder after this week. But her point scoring is so heavily hitout biased, which I kind of like? I feel like she's just a dominant tap ruck and that's sustainable.

Fuller's had three medium matchups, but has a hard run to come. Loses the tap quite a bit, so her points are more from around the ground stuff. It feels a little dicier.

Lucy Wales is a curveball option I guess - given the price tag being 25k less and her holding her own against Seymour on the weekend (and not doing too badly against McKinnon the week before). And given she got 93% of ruck contests, they're clearly leaning into her as the #1 without Luke.

I can get Lakay for McGrath if I go Fleming -> Skepper & Whelan -> Goldsworthy.

If I want Edmonds, I'd need to go Fleming -> Skepper & 1 of Whelan to basement or McCormick to Levicki

If I want Fuller (+9k, or Bella with no spare), I'd need to go Fleming -> Skepper & McCormick to basement

Other option is to flick McGrath to Wales, Fleming to Skepper & Whelan to Goldsworthy, fix up that rookie line and have 23k left over for next week.

Any advice/ideas?
I like Skepper & Goldsworthy as pickups which leaves you with Lakay. I watched last game and Lakay often stayed a kick behind the ball and Roberts took lots of the rucking duties in the 50. I dont know if that is good or not but it did seem like it kept Lakay fresh to make the most of her time in the ruck when called upon. I dont have the stats but im pretty sure she spent a fair bit of time on the bench too as their other ruckwoman spent a while in the ruck.

She is certainly an imposing figure and seems to score pretty well in bursts which is why it may be a positive that she doesnt follow the ball around and doesnt attend a massive amount of stoppages (she still attends 'enough'). Anyway, i cant really give that much analysis of Edmonds or Fuller as i didnt watch them that closely but id back Lakay in to score reasonably well given she gets plenty of hitouts and makes the most of her time on the ball. I dont see a massive ceiling but i think her floor should be pretty good.

Given that, option 1 for me.

I'd be looking at draws from here too. North have just come off the crows and dees. so should only get easier. Can't tell you whether to punt Kearney, but you'd have to be pretty comfortable in her not being a top tier player from this point on. Ditto Hanks - hasn't had the best start but I'd stick fat, only gets easier from here and she's young enough to know she's not gone over a hill or anything.

Can you even do those trades anyway? Hanks a forward and Parker a mid.
Yeah I have an extra forward in utility atm (Kauffman) because I went Patrikios -> McCarthy last round. So I would be bringing Kaufmann to F5 and sending M5 Stuart to utility.

You're probably right about keeping Kearney and Hanks though. Back to the drawing board.

Trades are done for me, would love to get a 1000+ plus score this week. Every week so far I’ve fallen 20-30 short

I’ve gone with

C Moody > Lauren Bella (Edmonds has taken the bulk of the ruck duties meaning I have to trade Moody, Bella is a solo ruck and has scored pretty well so far this season)

Fleming > Skepper

Austin > Goldsworthy (to utility)

Left with a mini warchest of $21,100 for next week

Currently gone with

McGrath -> Wales
Fleming -> Goldsworthy
McCormick -> Edmonds

and keeping 11k for next week where I'm hoping to put cash on Mimi Hill's head to get to a Bowers type.

Have tossed and turned all of Lakay/Edmonds/Fuller and settled on Edmonds due to the weekly growth, her ruck dominance being a 1 wood and that I'll probably enjoy watching her the most, for obvious reasons.

Means I'm fading Skepper if I do this, which is very dumb, but surely a late first round draft pick playing a 0 CBA mainly forward of centre role can't keep putting up 60+ scores?

Other option is to do Hill -> Lucas-Rodd or Bates this week instead of McCormick -> Edmonds and get another week of intel before deciding which ruck to grab. Or triple downgrade, sort the bench out and get Skepper.

God this week is very annoying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In:
Goldsworthy, Skepper, Levicki

Out:
Shannon, Fleming, McGrath

Banks 34k to bring in both Ham & Lucas-Rodd next week.

Why Levicki, can I ask? I tossed her up before deciding against - sure, she'll get the role, but surely she gets smashed most weeks?

Figure Wales for 10k more is steeper, but more secure. But if banking cash was the goal, why not Scoullar, Hartill or Reynolds? Or in the same category as Levicki, why not Hamilton or Steph Wales? Is it just role?

Why Levicki, can I ask? I tossed her up before deciding against - sure, she'll get the role, but surely she gets smashed most weeks?

Figure Wales for 10k more is steeper, but more secure. But if banking cash was the goal, why not Scoullar, Hartill or Reynolds? Or in the same category as Levicki, why not Hamilton or Steph Wales? Is it just role?
Role for Levicki. Last week was her first good role and she had a solid score against Moody, the highest scoring ruck this year.

She's also 188cm, one of the tallest rucks in the comp. Not only is McGrath out, but Houghton too, so she will shoulder most of the load.

I would've picked Wales but I need the extra 10k for next week. Besides rucks are impossible to predict this year, any given week a top level ruck could be outscored by a rookie ruck.

Role for Levicki. Last week was her first good role and she had a solid score against Moody, the highest scoring ruck this year.

She's also 188cm, one of the tallest rucks in the comp. Not only is McGrath out, but Houghton too, so she will shoulder most of the load.

I would've picked Wales but I need the extra 10k for next week. Besides rucks are impossible to predict this year, any given week a top level ruck could be outscored by a rookie ruck.

Good shout. Didn't consider the Moody factor. Figure she couldn't be worse than McCormick in terms of ruck performance and McCormick by virtue of role is still good for 40. Might follow you in on that one and get her in for Liz

Now just have to figure what to do for the other trades - 2 of Whelan/Fleming/McCormick out for 2 of Skepper, Goldsworthy & L Wales (or basement ruck)

Good shout. Didn't consider the Moody factor. Figure she couldn't be worse than McCormick in terms of ruck performance and McCormick by virtue of role is still good for 40. Might follow you in on that one and get her in for Liz

Now just have to figure what to do for the other trades - 2 of Whelan/Fleming/McCormick out for 2 of Skepper, Goldsworthy & L Wales (or basement ruck)
I think Whelan and Fleming for Goldsworthy and Skepper is the best bet. Whelan should be back but I have no idea about her injury or what it even was, they've been quiet about her

I think Whelan and Fleming for Goldsworthy and Skepper is the best bet. Whelan should be back but I have no idea about her injury or what it even was, they've been quiet about her

Not on the injury list this week - so you'd think she's ok? Just don't vibe trading someone with a -1 breakeven if they're remotely likely to play, and McCormick is a terrible footballer at this level.

Not on the injury list this week - so you'd think she's ok? Just don't vibe trading someone with a -1 breakeven if they're remotely likely to play, and McCormick is a terrible footballer at this level.
Yeah I guess it should be fine to hold then and trade mccormick, whelan should play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back