Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2021 Season - FINISHED BUSINESS - We will be back stronger.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bowers only Freo player to make Team of the Week for Rd 2. Probably fair. I’ll give Sarah Black a week off from my haranguing.

I went fair enough and soon as I read it. It was an ugly game with no standouts except Bowers.

I have no idea or interest in how the WC player went that got in but perhaps not surprising because we let them look competitive!

It was among the worst games of football I have ever witnessed.

Of course, when you are used to playing when it is 35 degrees, conditions like that would have been mystifying. Important to note that the rest of the worst games I have ever witnessed all feature our blokes team in the wet.

But, fair dinkum, if we were playing any other mob than the Toilets, we would have been smacked. And should have been.

This weekend, however, we will bring some skill to add to the frenzy and endeavour. We will bring a level of competitive hunger that will upset Adelaide. It will be unseemly.

I’m getting pretty fed up (we’ll really ****ed off tbh) with the ‘Freo can’t win away’ narrative.

Since beginning of 2019, we’ve gone 17/2. Our home record is 10/0 W-L, and away record is 5/2 W-L. That’s 71%. Even if we lose this week it’s still 63%.

If we lose it’ll validate the Sarah Black types that Freo can’t win away from home. The naysayers will be out in full force without looking at the actual stats. campaigners the lot of them.

I’m getting pretty fed up (we’ll really f’ed off tbh) with the ‘Freo can’t win away’ narrative.

Since beginning of 2019, we’ve gone 17/2. Our home record is 10/0 W-L, and away record is 5/2 W-L. That’s 71%. Even if we lose this week it’s still 63%.

If we lose it’ll validate the Sarah Black types that Freo can’t win away from home. The naysayers will be out in full force without looking at the actual stats. campaigners the lot of them.

At least she'll be watching.

Good to get 2 wins this year but the girls just feel as though they're a little bit off for me at the mo, hopefully just a bit of "ring rust" and this game they can find their mojo a bit more....Stewart and Miller in the middle just haven't had as major an impact as yet, of course wet weather footy never helps - it's APPALLING viewing haha! Houghton continues her impressive display of x-factor and dash and dare. Good luck this weekend ladies :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to get 2 wins this year but the girls just feel as though they're a little bit off for me at the mo, hopefully just a bit of "ring rust" and this game they can find their mojo a bit more....Stewart and Miller in the middle just haven't had as major an impact as yet, of course wet weather footy never helps - it's APPALLING viewing haha! Houghton continues her impressive display of x-factor and dash and dare. Good luck this weekend ladies :)

Thought Stewart was really good in the first game and almost not there in the second (perhaps the rain didn't agree with her game!). I agree about Hayley but what she has done has been all good just not enough - I rate her highly though. I think it is time for two changes with some help coming to the center and forward line.

The worst
Thanks for this! 😊

Also poor old Suns having a pretty crappy couple of weeks they’ve scored 0.1 at half time against GWS. 0.3 in six quarters of football. I think they’re tracking for the spoon at this stage. At least Richmond and WC have been moments of being competitive. Oh hang on, Geelong have been pretty s**t too.

Thanks for this! 😊

Also poor old Suns having a pretty crappy couple of weeks they’ve scored 0.1 at half time against GWS. 0.3 in six quarters of football. I think they’re tracking for the spoon at this stage. At least Richmond and WC have been moments of being competitive. Oh hang on, Geelong have been pretty sh*t too.

Very brave to go for a short-kicking possession based gameplan in wet weather.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back