Autopsy After a slow start a swarm of Swans crush Carlton by 52.

Remove this Banner Ad

Horse smiled at the beginning of the presser, so the lid is off.

Voss was poor tonight, Curnow down back for chunks of time is a Longmire move to keep the scores respectable.
At the ground, could not believe this was happening. Curnow was looking like their main threat of a goal when it went down that end, and when it was stuck in their forward 50 for the last 5 minutes of Q2, he was marshalling the backline.

One of the worst coaching moves in recent memory. If anything, throw De Koning behind the ball, not the greatest key forward Carlton's had this century.

I genuinely think our 2024 best 22 is better than our 2014 best 22. Our 2024 is a much more dynamic team that is capable of changing mid game in order to adapt to the opposition and eventually beat them with clinical ball movement.

I think if our 2014 and 2024 teams played each other the 2024 team would run rings around the 2014 team.

2014 bud would carve our 2024 defence tho

Tonight kinda showed why we traded George Hewett.

(sorry caesar88)

They lost because I thought Cripps was taller & could play as a key position forward but he didn’t tonight.
That hurt them.
Not their fault.
Why would they take Cripps out of midfield where they were depleted and play him in a role they were well stocked in? Odd reason to think they lost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Takeaways - Just auditioning for seven

• Blues lots of injuries
  • small ground
  • dewy for visitors
  • sydney peaked too early
  • Warner thug - 3 week penalty
  • blues injuries
  • blues got injuries during the game
  • carltons flight was a bit choppy due to wind
  • blues had injuries
  • Warner will get weeks
  • blues had injuries
I'd laugh if it wasn't pretty much what they ticked off their list post game.

I was interested in how we would respond after Carlton dominating the first 15-20mins & we responded in an emphatic manner. We lifted our intensity & physicality which Carlton couldn't be matched. It could've been a larger victory margin. We have new levels that other teams cannot match.

Add Sam Walsh as another scalp for Jordon, he dominated Walshy. How flipping good is Jordon, tagging & winning his own footy. He's playing the run with role perfectly.

Unbelievable win.

Kinda running out of things to say as almost every week is basically the same two concepts - sticking at it, and everyone playing their role. It feels so repetitive but I really don't know how else to describe our performances. There's an eery consistency between them all that feels unlike anything we've had before. There's not that sense of "good to win ugly", or "phew that was a close one!" or "thank god we had (insert star player) to get us over the line."

It's just great, hard, coherent and confident footy, every half, every week. Making every opponent we face - even strong ones - look lost at sea. There will be a time we fail to deliver that and the instinct might be to panic or feel the doom & gloom when that time comes, but these first ten weeks should be reason enough for us to avoid falling into that trap. We really have set the season up incredibly.

Ps. I have zero time for any media discussion of our midfield that does not begin with the name James Rowbottom.

GO BLOODS

Nice. I'm off to Europe and Morocco next week. Enjoy. Miss the Crows game here in SA, but I'll live.

Here's hoping we keep it going. Want Rampe, Lloyd, Cunners, Fox to get a flag especially.
I'm home from Central Asia next week having missed the last three home games but can't wait to get back into Bay 28 E1. Happy trails to you and S4L!

We simply ran them off their feet, they were spent walking off at half time. Atmosphere was electric as Warner lit up the SCG.

I really think this year is all about speed, the faster the team the better the team. At this stage no one can catch us and that is why…..

I like fast players.
Truth is that our players are not individually especially fast but they THINK fast, they go EARLY and they work together. The number of times you see one break free with two or three go with him and the players in front racing away from their defenders. Easy goals? That took a lot of hard work and trust.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back