Autopsy After a slow start a swarm of Swans crush Carlton by 52.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hewett is a honest plodder they overpaid for him, if he stayed great, he left , no biggie. Probably be in our VFL side most weeks, but also we would be a different side so who knows.

If he retired tomorrow had a good career already.
Yeah, he'd never have a place in a team where everyone was crying about clearances and getting beaten at the contest until 5 seconds ago.

Overpaid ...

Frankly I'd prefer to be pulled into a thread from a club that didn't get ridiculous academy advantages. But just trying to figure out why every week I am pulled into Sydney threads I have very little interest in.
LOL stick around. I can guarantee you a most attentive audience for your quaint theories on advantage.

89876a1d3d3fe84eed043032f612279e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yeah, he'd never have a place in a team where everyone was crying about clearances and getting beaten at the contest until 5 seconds ago.

Overpaid ...

It's obviously just my opinion, but never thought he was that good is all, not solving clearance problems. If he has a JPK besides him sure he compliments it.

Anyway wish him well

Frankly I'd prefer to be pulled into a thread from a club that didn't get ridiculous academy advantages. But just trying to figure out why every week I am pulled into Sydney threads I have very little interest in.
Haha yeah.
Let’s rotate the granny and then we can talk about perceived advantages.

#s#salty

Maybe you should go and watch a different sport if you dont like clubs with brown paper bags and CAP rorting.

Carlton has the 'Victorian Academy' being the TAC Cup, Talent League or whatever is called and totally funded by the AFL for Victoria and the 'Call to home' Academy for homesick Victorians.

Bye.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

I do like the idea the academy has just given us exclusive access to the guaranteed number 1 players . Just churn them out like a sausage factory.

For every Gulden there are a few hundred who are probably now laying bricks

89876a1d3d3fe84eed043032f612279e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Horse didn't come down from
the box to celebrate the goal, media will be all over it🤣

He sparked that third quarter, so quick in space

I would like third party payments to be public and included in caps but alas... here we are
LOL and expose Geelong? That'll never happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** it.

My thoughts on every Swan last night (except the few I thought had poor games, because who needs negativity this weekend?!)

Warner - Very good. He's looking more and more consistent with his ability to break tackles. Seeing less of his underwear as he's dacked in tackles and more just getting into the clear.

McLean - He's just enjoyable to watch. Has the turning circle of the QE2 one minute and then does some random spin out of trouble the next. I really think he is a small player trapped in a big fella's body, though his 2 contested marks was really pleasing to see.

Adams - Important early. Not doing anything special and doesn't even seem to have a clear, defined role (at least to the naked eye.) He just kinda runs around and makes contests with his physicality when it's his turn to do so. Wins those kinds of 50/50 balls in general play against opponents that we haven't won enough of in previous years.

Grundy - A quality tap ruckman, but an even better midfielder. A gripe I used to have with him at Collingwood was he'd try to do too much himself. He seems to be knowing his place and working in sync with our mids really well. And behind a certain other, he's become our most important tackler.

Heeney - There are no words.

Cunningham - Just another trusty, reliable performance with the rare scoreboard reward he so thoroughly deserved. Was so good to see him running and taking the game on as well, as his role can make it easy to forget how fast he actually is.

Rowbottom - There are no words.

Hayward - I think someone in the game day thread said it best. An 'almost' game. If these become his bad games then we're laughing.

Papley - His best showing for some time. Worked incredibly hard, was as selfless as I've seen him, and was unlucky not to finish with a mini bag for his efforts.

Wicks - Manic, in all the right ways. Buzzes around and gets from player to player so quickly to cause chaos in ways the stats sheet simply doesn't reflect. And that moment he flew for that mark with eyes only for the ball. Quietly amassing a number of incredibly brave moments as a Swan (which I'm sure Ralphyboy must watch through his fingers!)

Jordon - Just another solid outing, which he's producing with growing consistency. With Clarke there used to be the worry that if his negating role was worked around, he didn't offer much to the team. Jordon offers enough in other ways for that to not be a worry with him.

Rampe - We really need to embrace this man while we have him. He is an amazing defender and has been for a long time now.

Amartey - His game is something to be said for competing hard. I said before that his hands have two modes - vice-like grip or oven mitts, nothing in between - and I stand by it. But when he throws himself at every pack and gives his full reach for every ball, weight of numbers wins out and he can create enough opportunities for himself to put together a handy performance.

Fox - Sad about his shoulder/collarbone. Was going alright before it and I never have a problem with him being in the side. :(

Melican - Take a bow son. Has he ever looked this confident? Leaping for spoils, playing on from contested wins, pushing off his man to play from the front. A stellar effort considering the task he had without McCartin alongside him.

Lloyd - Along with Gulden & McInerney, quietly forming the best wing rotation we've had in many years. His overlap run and ability to direct play, while also holding his width, while still knowing when to get involved, is so valuable.

Last edited:
I do like the idea the academy has just given us exclusive access to the guaranteed number 1 players . Just churn them out like a sausage factory.

For every Gulden there are a few hundred who are probably now laying bricks

Fill the whole side with Guldens? sounds good to me.

Can guarantee you, wouldn't just be Geelong :whistle:
But it's the fact that Geelong is involved that make the AFL balk at doing something about it.

Lets be honest. At one stage it felt like the swans were just toying with Carlton.
Its like they put their foot down and the Blues had nothing.
Had the same thought with GWS hey. Have to keep reminding myself mid-game "oh wait this opposition are not bottom eight easy-beats" because we just look so on top of them.

Had the same thought with GWS hey. Have to keep reminding myself mid-game "oh wait this opposition are not bottom eight easy-beats" because we just look so on top of them.

Horse probably has the Richmond game highlights on his ipad for the break if we get too cocky

Remove this Banner Ad

Back